MIGRAINES - work related???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you get MIGRAINS?

• Never

Votes: 55 28.9%
  • Every day

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Several time a week

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • A few times a month

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters
i think some people are more sensitive and suseptical to things, i never get headaches (luckily) but if my boyf walks into my salon he has pains almost instantly!!! if it were me i might steer clear! xx

Hi

Not trying to get at anyone here so please don't take it personally, but just to stress, a migraine is so very much more than a headache. It is debilitating and can stop you in your tracks, and can make you wish you were dead, quite literally! I know that many people who don't get them see them as a bad headache, there's so much more to it than that. A headache is annoying, uncomfortable, but you can function. A migraine feels like someone has the opposite of a vice in your head, and is rhythmically pushing your skull outwards, you vomit, you can't think straight, you can literally stop functioning as a human being!

I don't often get migrains because I drink a lot of water that's if you are talking about when doing nails, but generally I get migrain when the weather is hot and I don't drink enough water. :)

Hi
i sufffer with bad migranes also but i cant seem to eat cheese or chocolate cos if i eat them different days of the week, or eat chocolate one week and cheese the next, i suffer real bad maigranes, its that bad it can knock me off my feet for most of the day and i have to take co-codomol for mine thats the only thing at the moment that will ease my head, i am under going hospital sergions at the moment to see a maxilofacial cos i also suffer pains in the temples of my face and they think i might also have arthritis i wont find out until next week, but i find if i rough my pillow up on the bed and let my head fall into the feathered feel it helps ease my head as well as i cant sleep on uncomfy pillows as that also starts my migranes too. i also find i f i dont have to much sleep about the average 8 hours a normall sleep for a humans body that can help prevent my headaches starting.

I have suffered from the deadly migraines for years now :cry:, i generally end up at the Dr's for an injection but i can tell you with delight i now no longer even worry :p... about 4 weeks ago a friend in the UK sent me some pain patches ... they are totally drug and herb free and 100% natural.

This is my personal story - about 2 weeks ago i woke up with one of my monthly migraines so my lovely hubby ran out to the kitchen and found the envelope with my patches in it "I kid you not" within 40 seconds of putting on the patches the pain was gone... this is what i would call a miracle product. They work entirely on the acupuncture points in the body and the results are immediate no need to pop a pill. If you need help like i did i give my word that these things work and i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them.

If you would like the web site address that ended up purchasing the patches from please just PM me.

Well I get these symptoms. About once every other month I get what feels like I have a black eye on one side and its been punched over again. Pins and needles down that side of my face, blocked sinus and my eye waters. I feel sick and I have to lie in a dark room with peas on my face because it feels swollen...sometime I go six month and it doesnt happen. Its so painful I just cry silently!!!! I find that i used to get realy bad tension headeachs and neck aches. For this I use a chiropractor or osteopath. And its near enough eradicated my normal headeachs but the strange beaten up symptoms still happen every so often!!

I never suffered from migraines until I started to do nails. I believe for me the fumes set me off although I take great care to reduce. I never had as much as a headache and I have eradicated all other causes so definetely comes down to the monomer. I would like to know why?

My migraines tend to be one side of my head and there is no word to describe them! I have to go into to the hospital occasionally to get a shot for them...they are life stopping and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

However I started getting them when i was about..hmmm..17? I'm 33 now and get them at least once a month. I've been on many meds for them and can't put my finger on what causes them! I've had cat scans done and lots of testing...when they come I just brace myself for a few days off...:irked:

Ive suffered migraines for years, my first migraine i thought was a headache and stayed at work and driving home my vision went funny, like cloudy, and the next thing i knew i couldnt see! very handy whilst driving! :eek:

I went to the docs later on that afternoon as I still couldnt see, was rushed to hospital with all sorts of possible diagnosis under my belt and after 48 hours was released after being told it was only (!!) a migraine and something I would have to learn to live with!

Over the years I now know the signs of one coming on and I can stop the severity of it if i lie down with my eyes closed. I know certain foods set it off too, onions (which i adore!) and coffee are the worst two.

I really really feel for fellow migraine sufferers :hug: and it really winds me up when people say "ive got a migraine" and you know its a bad headache, have one of mine and then tell me yours are a migraine!!!!!

I really really feel for fellow migraine sufferers :hug: and it really winds me up when people say "ive got a migraine" and you know its a bad headache, have one of mine and then tell me yours are a migraine!!!!!

I second that! :irked:

Well I get these symptoms. About once every other month I get what feels like I have a black eye on one side and its been punched over again. Pins and needles down that side of my face, blocked sinus and my eye waters.
I also have the flashing lights, sickness, need to go in a darkend room and stay there for 2 to 4 days, than its like I have done a few rounds with Mike Tyson for another few days after.
I am on Impramine daily and rizatriptan when I get a migrain come on.
I have had these since I was 13, touch wood, the nails dont seem to make them any worse.

Hi All,
I would hate to imply any of you might need this but..........Botox!
I read somewhere that this can help stop migraine, been having injections every 6 months and only one migraine in 18 months, much less severe than before. I used to get at least 2 every month.

Have been having migraines since i was 15 they come and go like the wind. when i had my 1st child they stopped and then once i had my 2nd daughter they came back. I've had 2 more children since then and still suffer. I have the pills off the doctor but the side effects are sometimes worse than the migraine its self. But over the years I have learnt to watch the signs of onslaught, which for me are cravings for chocolate and strong cheese, But have also learnt the things i cant eat or drink cause they bring them on, also i make sure i get enough sleep as this can be a factor mixed with fumes are a big issue for me.

You just have to learn about your what you can do and cant the list might be endless but if it works for you and you are pain free then its a small price too pay.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I would hate to imply any of you might need this but..........Botox!
I read somewhere that this can help stop migraine, been having injections every 6 months and only one migraine in 18 months, much less severe than before. I used to get at least 2 every month.

I have heard about this but thought i might wait and kill two birds with one stone ( wrinkles crows feet ) when i really do need it. so if it works i'll let you know but that might be in a few years!!!!"!!!!.

Latest posts

Back