MIGRAINES - work related???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How often do you get MIGRAINS?

• Never

Votes: 55 28.9%
  • Every day

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Several time a week

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • A few times a month

Votes: 68 35.8%
  • Other - please explain

Votes: 30 15.8%

• Total voters
I havent had a migranie get fingers crossed! but I did have the worst heahache the other night which is rare for me, unless I've been drinking jack d all night and wake up with my head banging! I was wondering if it could have been the fumes as it was right after my training class it came on (and I spilt a whole dappen dish of liquid and so did one of the others girls oops)

i feel dead sorry for u i dont suffer but a good tech friend of mine is out flat at least 2 days a week with them n u can just see how much pain she is in..... her doc told her its eatin too much dairy products that starts hers off n then sittin for hours dont help too ... xx emily

i feel dead sorry for u i dont suffer but a good tech friend of mine is out flat at least 2 days a week with them n u can just see how much pain she is in..... her doc told her its eatin too much dairy products that starts hers off n then sittin for hours dont help too ... xx emily

What is it about her sitting that causes her migraines? What was the advice given to help her out.

The first ever migraine was when i went to a clients house & it stunk, on the way home i nearly crashed the car & now i suffer from them on a monthly bases but i never had them b4

I have never suffered with migranes in all my 45 years until this week. Its prolly not a full blown migrane like some sufferers get, but its a hell of a head ache that has been going on for five days now.

I am practicing like mad last week and this week for nvq assessments with my Fabric# kit and I am sure its the resins that are getting to me and the smell in the salon.

Roll on tomorrow then I will be finished with it and prolly never go down the Wrap route again sigh!!!

Anyone fancy giving me a IHM lol!!

HI
I havent been doin nails long but i have been getting migraines for a long time.. my mum gets them bad and i think i took after her unless its the stresses of life.. but i have been getting them more since i have been doin nails... I only use gels and i get them cant imagine what i will be like when i start doing acrylics just the thought gives me a head ache.
xxx

I have had migraines for years and they are caused by my hormones. I always get one on the first day of my monthly, without fail. It gets so bad i can't do anything for the day and have to be in a dark, quiet room and just sleep. Only thing is, i can't bear to lie down as it makes it worse, but i have trouble sleeping sitting up, so it takes ages to go.

Chocolate, caffeine, stress and lack of sleep can bring on one for me. It's worse if i don't look after myself and eat healthily.

With todays stresses, we all need to look after ourselves more and always have small breaks.

I get a terrible head several times a week and I dont even do nail enhancements yet! oh no, does that mean I'll get more from the smell of the products!!

i use t have it when using the L&P but now not any more i think i get used to it....lol

I have suffered from migraines for years before I even started doing nails. Mine are brought on by various different things and certain smells are one of my triggers but funnily enough none of my nail product smells start them off. I was really worried about the smell of the monomer especially at college as there were so many of us but I never had a problem. Its such a relief that my nail work does'nt trigger them because I lose half my site, my arm, fingers and toes go numb and the pain is excruciating. I would definitely have to give up nails if they triggered migraines because I would never be able to work!

I've had them since I was 9 so I don't think I can blame the job xx

I'm on meds everyday and then extra teblets for when a migrain comes. Doc has me on BetaBlockers and now I suffer mega dizziness. Have bad dizzy spells at least 5 times a day. Was putting it down to the BetaBlockers lowering my BP. Anyone else on BetaBlockers??

Mine come on out of the blue and are due to various things buy I haven't had one while working, yet. Dairy products will cause mine, not drinking enough water, (dehydrate) not eating when hungry, stress and hormone changes. First indication I get that one is on the way is that I lose vision in my left eye and see bright flashes in my right eye. From there they come on very repidly. They are crippling. I am unable even to go to sleep. It hurts to breathe. Eventually after what seems like days, it makes me throw up and after thati start to get better. Do the rest of you sufferers find that your head is sore for several days after the migraine has gone?
Eeewwww dont like even thinking about them
Cheers
Karen

I have suffered from migraines since I was very young too.:irked: I take a tablet called a 'triptan' when one comes on now. - These are a godsend!! The tablet I take is Imigran and they sort me out. No longer am I out of action for days with sickness and headache. I dont go anywhere without carrying one of these. Just in case.

Julie

I haven't voted as I don't have clients regularly yet and thought it might taint the poll.

However I have trouble with migraines. I've had sumatriptan for years, which I take at the onset (flashing lights & blind spot for me), then I wait until my vision has returned, head home and go to bed with the blackout curtains drawn and NO sound in the house allowed.

Last year they started coming regularly, my doctor decided to try preventative medicine. He started me on a very low dose of an antidepressant, and over a few months, I ended up not having any, down from 2 or 3 a week! It was a temporary thing, I was only supposed to take them for 6 months. The tablets finished at Xmas, and the migraines gradually came back. I went back 2 1/2 weeks ago to the doctor and they put me back on the tablets, I've not had one migraine yet! (Here's hoping). The doctor said that because it's a really low dose, it is fine to take them for years, no worries.

I think they'r called Amitryptaline, may be worth asking your doctor if they are any good for you guys (don't drink too much with them, I get drunk really quickly again:irked:) No other side effects for me though, and I have to admit, unless I had SERIOUS side effects, I'd still take them, as migraines are the WORST. When I was getting them regularly, I was not living, just existing, I couldn't plan anything as I just couldn't let people down.

Seriously Emotional Hugs to everyone who gets migraines :hug:

I have heard of tiger balm, isn't it very strong in smell? I have had Cat scans all the whole blood work up too, I think it may be a dehydration issue involved as well as posture, eating and exercise... then again it could just be chemical.... some days I have NO idea where it came from but I know its a freight train of a migraine....

Oh my God, I LOVE Tiger Balm!!!!

Would marry it if I could!

Do the rest of you sufferers find that your head is sore for several days after the migraine has gone?

Karen

YES!:eek:

AND - it hurts more when I bend over (so I try not to) for a few days after too. It's like, when you squeeze the bottom of a half deflated baloon, the top gets tighter, that's how I feel. The bending is causing everything to move up and cause pressure in my head:irked:

I'm on meds everyday and then extra teblets for when a migrain comes. Doc has me on BetaBlockers and now I suffer mega dizziness. Have bad dizzy spells at least 5 times a day. Was putting it down to the BetaBlockers lowering my BP. Anyone else on BetaBlockers??

Yep, i'm half inderal betablockers, been on them 3 months now, the only side affect i have is that i'm seriously loosing weight, my hubby is worried about me now, as so much has dropped off. but on the migraine side these are a godsend, i suffered every day, started when i was 11yrs but only got them every so often then they stopped for a while, that was the pattern until i was living in tenerife thats when i got them every day, my doctor told me they were caused due to me having hypo's and put me on metformin for my sugar levels, i became pregnant an they stopped until last year, then the docs put me on betablockers, touch wood no migraine in 2 months now. my bp is fine, but one of the side affects of betablockers is low bp betablockers are ment to do that, talk to your gp

I have done some research on migraines as I too suffer with them and found that it is now acknowledged that they can also be attributed to atmospheric pressures. This can also affect arthritis sufferers. There is a lot of info available on the internet.

I checked other; I suffer from migraine headaches and they last between 2-10 days been that way since I was a teenager.:cry:

Latest posts

Back