Mineral makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makeup

Reaction score
Has anyone tried mineral makeup?

Which brands in the UK are good?

Has anyone tried mineral makeup?

Which brands in the UK are good?

Welcome to the salon Geek.

Have you done a search as there are hundreds of threads where we have discussed mineral makeup. I us it and love it as do many other geeks so have a good search by using the search facility in the blue toolbar above.

I have heard of Lily Lolo, Bare Escentuals and Purity.

Which ones are good?

Forgot to add - why dont you fill in your profile in a little more detail and tell us about what experience you have as a professional in the beauty industry. There is lots of great advice on here and it would help you loads if we knew more about your experience in the industry.

I have heard of Lily Lolo, Bare Escentuals and Purity.

Which ones are good?

I am not a beauty professional, but i personally use Lily Lolo and i love it. It covers as heavy or as light as you apply it...lasts all day, doesn't clog your skin, feels very light and the price is good.

im planning on doing a make-up course in may with Jane Iredale products and i have heard nothing but good things about them.

There website is: www.janeiredale.com

Laura x

I use Lilly Lolo too. I really like it, because it feels so light you don't even feel it on. The colours of the eyeshadows are stunning too.

Ange & Marion.

Where can you get Lily Lolo from? I use Bare Escentuals at the mo and got about a month left, might go for a change if you reccomend it.

Ange & Marion.

Where can you get Lily Lolo from? I use Bare Escentuals at the mo and got about a month left, might go for a change if you reccomend it.
PMd you!
Marion xx

hiya to the ladies that use lily lolo ,I was looking on the site wanting to order a sample size of the foundation but the colours arent all that clear ,i usually use a nude colour foundation with yellow undertones what colour would you suggest i try
thanks for any help:hug:

I use Bare Escentuals ~ only been using it for 10 days and I am soooo impressed!! My skin has become much clearer and when I have had a spot, it miraculously covers it really really well. It also doesn't feel caked on and lasts all day long. Bare Escentuals all the way for me xx

I would think you would be wanting one of the olive shades. If you put your mouse arrow over the small colours it explains what it is in the large box above all the colours. With it being mineral you can mix the colours if you feel you are between two shades, although this would obviously be more expensive initially. The samples are only 99p, so if you order 2 or 3 it's not too expensive and you can be sure when you order it that you get the colour you want.
HTH
Marion x

PS if you order it now the sample will do you for a good few days, and you will still have your current brand to last you until the full product comes.

Last edited:
I would think you would be wanting one of the olive shades. If you put your mouse arrow over the small colours it explains what it is in the large box above all the colours. With it being mineral you can mix the colours if you feel you are between two shades, although this would obviously be more expensive initially. The samples are only 99p, so if you order 2 or 3 it's not too expensive and you can be sure when you order it that you get the colour you want.
HTH
Marion x

PS if you order it now the sample will do you for a good few days, and you will still have your current brand to last you until the full product comes.
thanks i will try that:hug:

I can totally recommend Jane Iredale - I use nothing but this on my skin now and it's wonderful. Some people find it a little pricey but I think it is worth it.

Check out their website.

It's Lily Lolo for me too!

love the stuff and they have such a great selection.

Hi

Have you tried Babara Bort Italian makeup :: SPARKLE COSMETICS ::

I use it in my salon and customers love it.

ordering is really easy and the lady is really nice she came to my house and went through everything with me and helped me sort out a really good package.
I wear the makeup myself and it does what it says long lasting well worth the money.

hope this helps

Latest posts

Back