Minx did not last well on me! Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarnygirl1

Reaction score
I wanted to include Minx so in the name of market research i went to a slalon and had a set done cost me £15.00 and lasted less than 2 days.

I loved the actual design but they were lifting off really quick and i was informed to put the hairdryer on them for them to then stick back down but felt i was burning my fingers in the process to save them so i pulled them off in disgust.

I am so disappointed that even my husband straight away could see they didnt touch the sides and the rims were white.

Any suggestions if it was the salon or if its not meant for me.

I was so excited about them as they look so good but now really dont know what to do

Any help would be appreciated.

I cant really bring them into my range if they really dont last 2 mins, my clients will not comeback.

Many thanks

Thats a shame that you've have a terrible introduction to Minx. Don't get me wrong, I only did my training day last Monday, but clients I have that have had to go elsewhere for the treatment absolutely love Minx. If anything they last for sooooo many weeks (6-10!!) that the only reason they re-visit the salon is because they want a change of design. They will not withstand a picker! lol thats one thing we were warned about. Its all in the prep - like the rest of nail enhancements. Might be worth re-visiting the salon to explain what has happened. I'm sure they will be thankful that you have brought this to their attention. Its all about reputation for them. Please, please don't abandon Minx because of this experience. It's a fabulous addition to your current treatments and a great wee earner. Good luck - let us know how you get on hun!! xx

can i ask did you have them on your fingers or toes ?? they last for weeks and weeks on toes bot for me only about 5/7 days on fingers HTH x

Thats a shame that you've have a terrible introduction to Minx. Don't get me wrong, I only did my training day last Monday, but clients I have that have had to go elsewhere for the treatment absolutely love Minx. If anything they last for sooooo many weeks (6-10!!) that the only reason they re-visit the salon is because they want a change of design. They will not withstand a picker! lol thats one thing we were warned about. Its all in the prep - like the rest of nail enhancements. Might be worth re-visiting the salon to explain what has happened. I'm sure they will be thankful that you have brought this to their attention. Its all about reputation for them. Please, please don't abandon Minx because of this experience. It's a fabulous addition to your current treatments and a great wee earner. Good luck - let us know how you get on hun!! xx

Not on fingers.

Incidently I am doing my MINX training with CND soon in Bournemouth and really looking forward to it.I think maybe the treatment wasn't carried out correctly Tarnigirl,ie no prep etc.

Have to say £15 is very cheap, was this an introductory offer?
I charge £25 but I only trained recently and have only did a few sets. Hope I haven't priced myself out the market! We were advised to charge £30 at training.

I would imagine that this is bad application and to be told to stick the hairdryer on them to stick them back down? I would go back to the salon and either ask for my money back or for the nails to be put right by them, not you! ;)

thanks for the feedback, yes i had just my fingers done and there was no prep at all, first i chose the design then, she just put them on, my hadns were under the infrared lamp to warm up my nails and she took off the design and put under the lamp to heat up and curl then just put it on the nails and used the pusher to push them down, that was it.

I was charged £15.00 but lasting 2 days is not worth it and she said to get them off, all i have to do it heat under a hairdryer and they will comeoff but i peeled them off without using anything.

i wanted so much to keep them on but my nail kep catching all the time and it was getting on my nerves

i think i will get proper training and do them myself and then do on clients

so £15.00 is really cheap then???? how much do the sets cost? and what do you usally add on? how long does it take to do a set usually?

I need to get a training session in as im wanting to do shellac as well

thanks for the feedback, yes i had just my fingers done and there was no prep at all, first i chose the design then, she just put them on, my hadns were under the infrared lamp to warm up my nails and she took off the design and put under the lamp to heat up and curl then just put it on the nails and used the pusher to push them down, that was it.

I was charged £15.00 but lasting 2 days is not worth it and she said to get them off, all i have to do it heat under a hairdryer and they will comeoff but i peeled them off without using anything.

First, there was no prep. By the sounds of it she didn't even remove any oils from the nail! Never mind anything else!

I got the kit in beginning February, followed the instructions (I'd been introduced to Minx and had learned to apply it at The Event) and put some on my daughter's fingernails and my toenails. Her fingernails lasted 4 weeks, my toenails I only took them off last week due to growing out! AND - they were very firmly stuck, even using heat. So I'd say she definitely did them wrong!

Ask for your money back or for her to replace them FOC

If she used her Minx file incorrectly, or didn't use a Minx file at all, this may have caused the white you mentioned on the ends. I got this when I first started Minx, I now know how to hold my file properly for a neat edge. I get a week to ten days on average fingernails, with minimal wear and tear, and absolutely weeks and weeks on toes in summer. I charge £18 for fingers, £20 for toes, which is about right for round here. hth x x

Hey
In our salon, we charge around £30 for minx and on toes 4+ weeks, between us I've had one's on for 12weeks in winter, on fingers we always advised people that they will only get up to a week, the free edge will lift purely due to using our hands, it takes between 30-45 min we've been doing minx since they first came out, need to prep nails, the salon are taking a quick easy way to making money, definately complain,
shame, minx is fantastic, i love love love them and so does all our clients.

I can't wear Minx for any longer than 5 days as I use my hands too much. I've had a client get over 2 weeks on her fingers. I get weeks and weeks on toes.

can i ask did you have them on your fingers or toes ?? they last for weeks and weeks on toes bot for me only about 5/7 days on fingers HTH x

yes same here i find on toes they last for about 4 wks sometimes longer but with the free edge wearing away (tho not noticable only under close inspection) on fingers tho only about a week even less if as i did do lots of house work and no gloves lol

Latest posts

Back