MINX: Has Minx had it's day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Minx and so do my clients! I have only been going for 7 months and already have 15 regulars. I only do minx toes as I thought they wouldnt last long on fingers, but my clients get 4-6 weeks out of them. I also wear them and everybody comments at my toes. It is definitely down to the way you market them! Minx parties are great too, have done 2 of these and 2 more booked in! Good luck...

Ive been doing minx for about 3yrs (2yrs self employed) and my clients love it!! Ive never had a problem with it lasting.. They usually end up taking it off as it never falls off.. I dont use any shellac with mine, aslong as your doing the correct prep etc. then thers no reason it shouldnt last!! Hope you will enjoy your training :)

According to Sophy Robson on twitter she did not use minx for these nails -

@sophynails: I didn't wanna speak on this but it has to be said....
@sophynails: NO ONE on my team has been using nail wraps it has all been returned to them UNUSED
@sophynails: Just cos your hu$tle is dead don't try and jump on mine...

Just out of interest (I don't offer Minx atm), when you do a Minx party, how many sets of fingers or toes is it possible to get through in an evening? x

According to Sophy Robson on twitter she did not use minx for these nails -

@sophynails: I didn't wanna speak on this but it has to be said....
@sophynails: NO ONE on my team has been using nail wraps it has all been returned to them UNUSED
@sophynails: Just cos your hu$tle is dead don't try and jump on mine...

I saw Sophy's nails on the telly, i could tell straight away they weren't Minx- they looked like hand painted red and white over blue Rockstars...

She seems annoyed that minx have tried to take the credit?

I saw Sophy's nails on the telly, i could tell straight away they weren't Minx- they looked like hand painted red and white over blue Rockstars...

She seems annoyed that minx have tried to take the credit?

sorry - ignore previous comment! I was referring to the british archery competitor not Rebecca Adlington.

Becky adlington's look like wraps to me..

At a glance they looked like minx to me too but she claims the wraps they had sent have been returned unused, the daily mail also had an article on this! A few people have questioned it and s2 also claim them to be minx commenting on the facebook minx page. Sophy Robson only tweeted those comments this morning - I wonder if they will remove the pictures!

I'm amazed that people think Minx are old hat! I did a set of Minx last night and they looked so good, I've just done my own. Never had a problem with them lasting or selling. I only use Minx - no topcoat and am often removing them from clients toes for a reapplication. Only time they didn't last was when a client complained then I found out she'd been using cuticle oil on her toes(!) - did I think that's why they came off(!!!) er YES!!!! Wearing Minx on my toes gets people asking about them. Some people still don't know what they are - massive poster up etc. I also have a 19 yr old daughter who thinks they're cool (some of them anyway) but most of my regular Minxers are 40 plus!!!

At a glance they looked like minx to me too but she claims the wraps they had sent have been returned unused, the daily mail also had an article on this! A few people have questioned it and s2 also claim them to be minx commenting on the facebook minx page. Sophy Robson only tweeted those comments this morning - I wonder if they will remove the pictures!
Hmm, looks like minx to me :)

https://twitter.com/samuelsweet/status/231004935154716672/photo/1

I'm amazed that people think Minx are old hat! I did a set of Minx last night and they looked so good, I've just done my own. Never had a problem with them lasting or selling. I only use Minx - no topcoat and am often removing them from clients toes for a reapplication. Only time they didn't last was when a client complained then I found out she'd been using cuticle oil on her toes(!) - did I think that's why they came off(!!!) er YES!!!! Wearing Minx on my toes gets people asking about them. Some people still don't know what they are - massive poster up etc. I also have a 19 yr old daughter who thinks they're cool (some of them anyway) but most of my regular Minxers are 40 plus!!!
Minx is still very much in demand, however in the UK applications are dominant on the toes. So if toes aren't out (as they haven't been in this crappy UK summer) than demand certainly pulls back a little.

Best thing to do to drum up your Minx business is to be wearing it yourself. It goes viral. Seriously.

Minx is still very much in demand, however in the UK applications are dominant on the toes. So if toes aren't out (as they haven't been in this crappy UK summer) than demand certainly pulls back a little.

Best thing to do to drum up your Minx business is to be wearing it yourself. It goes viral. Seriously.
Best put my order in then..:) especially as I'm vehemently defending Becky Adlington's Minxed digits after Sophy Robson's tweet this morning ....Hand-painted my ar$e!

Love your tweet regarding the matter BTW....;-)

Minx is very popular in summer for me, i have 3 clients booked in for it tomorrow, my clients love it and last time i had it on my toes i took it off after 7 weeks, it would have lasted longer i just decided i wanted a change!

Right, that's IT!

I'm off to Minx my toes and by god, that big yellow thing in the sky better make a bloody appearance so I can show 'em off!!!! :lol:

the links work for me

it is really frustrating that she has come out and lied. Making out that people can only get nails like this if they have a hand painting celebrity nail artist at their disposal... when actually the GB public could all be sporting patriotic nails done at their nearest minx salon... get the word out there people!!

Minx, like any other service will sell as well as you market it.

I wear Gelish on my fingers and Minx on my toes. I do quite a lot of Minx throughout the year just by showing it off. The same with Gelish. People will notice the colour, pattern, shine etc and ask about it.

Sell it by talking about it with enthusiasm. If you make something sound boring then they will consider it to be just the same. If you make it sound exciting then thats how they will feel about it too.

Marketing is everything. Use it.

Last year i did tons of Minx, this year i've done 2 sets! But that's only because this year i've started doing Rockstar, and everyone has gone Rockstar crazy! Plus i've been wearing it myself, trying all the glitters, like you do.. Also nail art has really taken off, so theres so much more on offer now.

Minx lasts forever on the toes, i will never take it off my price list, i just know that is my own fault if it's not selling so well. You need to wear it. Every time i wear something on my toes, my clients want it, it's the best marketing tool!

We have (almost) year round sunshine here so plenty of opportunity for open toes and it isn't hugely popular anymore.

I wear it all the time as a walking advert but although everyone comments on it, it is mainly British tourists that want it but I will keep it on the menu as I have a decent amount of stock.

Too many cheap copy cat things on the market here at a fraction of the price.

Minx has no way had its day! I've been Minxing toes since Q3 2008 and I Minx all year round..... I'm mobile and I reckon I do between 5 and 7 sets per week in the summer, less in winter but it is a really popular service for me.

I wear Minx all year round, usually a metallic or bright one - whatever people will notice - as that is what piques interest......

Just out of interest (I don't offer Minx atm), when you do a Minx party, how many sets of fingers or toes is it possible to get through in an evening? x

My first party after being qualified for just 3 days I did 7!!!! I gave myself 45 mins each & said to the host I'll go on as long and start as early as you want xx

Latest posts

Back