MINX: Has Minx had it's day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have them on offer at our salon at the moment as the weather has been terrible and have done 5 sets this week there really popular and defo go on the training to learn how to apply and cut minx profesionally x x

Me too not much Minxing this year. I put it down to similar products been sold to public in tesco,boots ect... I really prey that don't bring out a gel polish to sell to public as this would mean no more buisness.

Me too not much Minxing this year. I put it down to similar products been sold to public in tesco,boots ect... I really prey that don't bring out a gel polish to sell to public as this would mean no more buisness.
I really do not agree with you at all about either product suffering by being sold direct to the public. Or the end of your business. Every time a client walks through our professional doors, it proves you wrong because ......

The public can already get hold of gel polishes quite easily if they wish to do so and in the States, mini gel polish kits are on sale now to anyone. It is happening.

It is up to we technicians to continue to out perform the consumer with our skill and to provide a professional venue in which to do it. Professional skills will always be wanted by discerning individuals who like a great job and those who want to DIY will always find a way to do it.

After reading & commenting on this thread....

I've decide I'm going to request a booked minx course as an early Christmas present from my fiancée.

Had a friend round for coffee and chat last night and she mentioned how she has her toes minxed and thought they were amazing as they last ages. I said I was looking into this as an extra treatment to add to my list and she said as soon as I have passed she would come to me.

That might have been only 1 friend , but after seeing all the ladies at Olympics with them I'm hoping there will be a minx "Boom"

I'm looking forward to being able to add this service xx

Minx is such a brilliant twist on usual polishes and nail art. Whilst I've only had a few actually have it done, I rave about it all the time and it definitely sparks interest. One of my clients who is very anal about having her toe colour match her fingers even decided she wants to give them a go as she saw mine and because of how I was talking about them it got her excited to try them.

I've said before and I'll say again, if YOU are not passionate about the products you use, then your clients won't be either. Minx is fantastic!! :green:

I agree with Geeg, it has to be your skill you're selling, as much as the product.

I've had friends buy their own 'wraps', some of which are Minx, and they have been AMAZED at how long they last when I apply them, compared to when they apply them (they get about 7-10 days looking naff!)

Plus it is a right old PITA to put on your own tootsies, as we all know, so that's another selling feature - the treatment aspect :)

I have asked this on another thread but which designs would you say are the most popular? I've put a link to S2's minx designs so clients can choose before their appointment but I'd like some in stock for those clients who decide on impulse whilst they're here? X

I have asked this on another thread but which designs would you say are the most popular? I've put a link to S2's minx designs so clients can choose before their appointment but I'd like some in stock for those clients who decide on impulse whilst they're here? X

Just like when choosing polishes you just have to step outside the box and think what might appeal to your current clientèle.

The most popular for me are definitely the silver and gold chrome, some people like plain and love the mirror effect of these 2. I also have a few other plain looking ones like the burgundy chrome, a blue, I have one of the Naja designs in silver, a few pinky ones, purple, tie dye, just a real mixture.

I have about 20 designs here, then a link on my website and the posters in my salon, so that my clients can browse the other designs and should they want something specific, I will order them in for them (with a deposit taken for this first!) HTH

I get different people like friends family etc including the men to pick their face ones from the website to order. Some things you may hate others love!

I don't think Minx has had it's day. Over the past month, not a day has gone by without someone wanting Minx, especially during the jubilee and now the Olympics.

I have three to do today, x

I don't think minx has had its day. I picked up 2 clients at the same address for minxed toes and just had a call from one lady asking for a rebook- no not minx but it got her foot in the door (if you pardon the pun) for her to now have more treatments with me- so thats a bonus in itself!

Ive just taken my minx off it was from a picture of my toes on facebook that got my previous two clients i've just mentioned.

I admit i push shellac more than anything so if i haven't done many minx thats down to me, not minx.

I also love to use minx for a ring finger shellac mani another advertisement for minx- like an opening gambit.

People i speak have often heard of minx but not always sure what it is, thats when i get my toes out and show them.

I offer shellac topcoat over minx on fingers but not on toes. Stays for 2 weeks on fingers with shellac topcoat no problem. My last minx client had 7 weeks wear before she couldnt stand the regrowth but wow! 7 weeks- less money for us but great for the client in these economic conditions- well i say less money for us but a happy client will more than likely rebook with a return on their investment like that aye!

Despite our changeable weather this summer ive had my feet in flip flops come rain or shine and always show my clients at their appointments.

In short....

Wear it, love it, own it!!

Despite our changeable weather this summer ive had my feet in flip flops come rain or shine and always show my clients at their appointments.

In short....

Wear it, love it, own it!![/QUOTE]

Me too!! I am booking a course for kooky wraps in 2 weeks as minx/wraps are very popular around here, I have enquired about a minx course with S2 though as I do love minx!! xx

well ladies, I had my minx training at Creative Academy + Manchester on wednesday.

Came home a little nervous as i couldn't quite get the hang of it in training so asked my neighbour if i could borrow her feet.

Here is my first attempt...

Attachments

• minx 16.8.12.jpg
    minx 16.8.12.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 449
well ladies, I had my minx training at Creative Academy + Manchester on wednesday.

Came home a little nervous as i couldn't quite get the hang of it in training so asked my neighbour if i could borrow her feet.

Blooming marvellous!

Very nice. Look great.

Great job. Minx are the greatest!

i know it was only my first set (and that Rome was not built in a day) but I find filing excess Minx off from the free edge the most difficult part of application? I'm fine adhering Minx to nail with no creases but as soon as I start to file - well that's the part I struggle with.

I was taught in Minx training to cut excess off free edge by using a sharp 240 file (I use CND Kanga board) at 45 degree angle from side to centre (one way only). But when i do this, the Minx moves and then creases on free edge.

how long should i be leaving to cool before i file free edge?

is there anything obvious that i'm doing wrong? x

i know it was only my first set (and that Rome was not built in a day) but I find filing excess Minx off from the free edge the most difficult part of application? I'm fine adhering Minx to nail with no creases but as soon as I start to file - well that's the part I struggle with.

I was taught in Minx training to cut excess off free edge by using a sharp 240 file (I use CND Kanga board) at 45 degree angle from side to centre (one way only). But when i do this, the Minx moves and then creases on free edge.

Let the Minx cool 30 secs or so before filing ... It should not move when filing, if it does, wait longer.

Last edited:

I think that you did really well! I love that pattern too, I'm sure your neighbour will be bringing a lot of custom your way.

With regard to filing, I Minx one foot, leave to cool while Minxing the second foot, then go back to file the first, then file the second foot which will then also be cool.

If you are putting a Shellac topcoat on over the minx, do you just brush the topcoat on itself and cure for 2 mins? No base coat or anything? I would love my minx to last longer on fingers and this sounds like the perfect way. :) xx

Latest posts

Back