Minx leftovers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
What do you do with your left over minx. I'm not very creative but I have been doing some designs using the minx pieces we have left. Ie. When you run out of big toes but have loads of the other sizes left. Pictures would be great and I will try and post the leopard print minx design I have done too....
Also is anyone else struggling with the new minx sizes. Loads of my clients who were an old size 2 now are too small for the 1's and too big for the 2's.
xx

I mix shellac and minx, if I've got big toes left I minx the big toe and shellac with a matching colour on the rest or sometimes I just do random toes with minx and shellac................:hug:

if you turn the smaller toes around you can use them for big toes!

do you understand what i mean?

this way you can get more toe toes per set and save money :) x

I assume you mean measure and align the wrap from sidewall to sidewall instead of from cuticle to freeedge so that (as long as the nail has a short free edge) it is wider than it is long.

Good tip as long as the design can be turned 90 degrees.

Fab Tip! Thank you x

Im not feeling the new design, too much cutting involved its taking me longer and you can only get one lot of big toes out of them, the old ones u could get 2 :-(

Yeah that's what I'm finding too. Getting much more wastage. Tho original design was similar then the 2nd design was great and then it changes again??
Still waiting on any photos of what people do with their leftovers
xx

5c0c484f-371d-343a.jpg

Leftovers!
I prefered the old minx as I only get asked for things like one nail on fingers with shellac or toes!
I've never been asked for a full set on fingers.
I waste a lot more and if I use the number 1's I'm ending up not being able to use the 2's as they arnt wide enough :(

5c0c484f-371d-343a.jpg

Leftovers!
I prefered the old minx as I only get asked for things like one nail on fingers with shellac or toes!
I waste a lot more and if I use the number 1's I'm ending up not being able to use the 2's as they arnt wide enough :(

Ooh me likey this - gorgeous!

Why not cut shapes out of leftovers? Eg cut moons from metallic and put under Shellac, use paper hole punchers and have little shapes ready for quick nail art.

I save all my left over minx for when I do Little Ladies Minx Toes :)

I am totally addicted to this site and this link is why!

The tips you guys give are amazing. I'd wouldn't have thought of these myself.

Thanks a Million x

5c0c484f-371d-343a.jpg

Leftovers!

this is really genius!
but how would you charge in this instance? just for the shellac or shellac + 1/5th of the minx price?

Why not cut shapes out of leftovers? Eg cut moons from metallic and put under Shellac, use paper hole punchers and have little shapes ready for quick nail art.
I totally love this idea and can't wait to try it. I've now got to find some paper punches that are tiny enough. I've seen Hobbycraft have some that are 3/8 of an inch - they do circles, stars, Christmas trees, and then snowflakes and daisys which I didn't think looked quite as good. Anyone know where you can get punches from?

I am totally addicted to this site and this link is why!

The tips you guys give are amazing. I'd wouldn't have thought of these myself.

Thanks a Million x

Totally agree !! the tips are fantastic love ittt !!! x:green:

5c0c484f-371d-343a.jpg

Leftovers!

This looks Mint !!! with some of my leftovers i cut them all into 1/2cm strips and apply them to the tips they look really good, i did black nails once with the zebra minx or the hologram rose ones i applied one to the bug toe and did the rest bright pink, i thought i would give it a go and it was worth it, i would kill me throwing them away, cutting them into shapes is a good idea too but i bet its tricky,:confused:

this is really genius!
but how would you charge in this instance? just for the shellac or shellac + 1/5th of the minx price?

Yep I just charge for the shellac then add on the price of 2 minx nails so for these I would charge shellac + £4 which is similar to what I would charge for nail art and it takes roughly the same amount of time x

I love your work, so lovely.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Thanks all it's just away of making use and money from your leftovers! X

Yeah it looks fab.
Still trying to get mine on here. There must be more ideas of what you can do on feet when you have 6 sheets of leopard minx left and no big toes??
I had a lady yesterday who would have been perfect for the number 2 minx of the 2nd sheet design they did but instead I had to use the number 1 minx on the latest sheets and cut loads off it. Now I have a full sheet left of the leopard minx and it will go to waste because I haven't got any more big toes. I haven't had a client yet that I can use the number 2 size of the new sheets for thier big toes.

Latest posts

Back