Moan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Is it ok to moan?
can I slate other nail techs? (not any one on this site)

I have just spoken to my sister in law who is a nail tech and seems to think she is the greatest nail tech on earth.

I haven't told her that I am going on the creative foundation course as she will probably put me down because of course I could never be as good as her

So I rang to ask if she had a nail trainer and was told no they're ****, I never needed one!

God she does my nut!!

Just rise above we cant all be brilliant techs straight off
wink

I dont slag off other techs, or salons etc, I think its very unprofessional, I usually just smile to myself when you get people like that, they do a 3 day course and think they are the best tech ever!!:lol: :lol: Let em get on with it, who will be the one thats still around in 10 years?:)

Don't let it get you down, I second rise above, the proof will be in the pudding.

Hi

She is probably jusy not very happy that you are showing an interest, obviously she feels she may have some compertition!

Just ignore her. I got on fine without a nail trainer, had loads of friends to practice on and used a nail tip stuck on a tip box with blue tack!

xx

Maybe she is jealous that one day you will be a better tech than her ?

Don't let it get you down.

I don't say anything negative about other techs/therapists as i would be upset if someone said bad things about me

You can get a nail trainer from loads of places - just dont even involve her - its your career, not hers......

My nail trainer has given me so much practice, its the one thing that I couldnt live without..... Its had 6 months of EVERYDAY use, and its still going strong. It is called bob, and my other half arranges the fingers into rude positions..... so when I walk into the room, bob is gesturing at me.....lol.

A nail trainer is an important part of kit in my opinion!

don't get me wrong I am not slating her off professionally as I think she applys a pretty good set of nails - it is just her attitude she is so above herself. She now only does nails on clients that are pretty well off and won't entertain doing them on the working class

She charged me a full set of nails on my wedding day along with a toenail paint!!!

Nail trainers are fab for practicing.They aren't anything like practicing on the real thing but they are invaluable.They are always there for you,24/7,they dont scream if you catch their cuticles,sidewalls or saw through their nail plate,LOL.You can grip their fingers really tightly without fear of stopping their blood supply.They can sit still for hour upon hour whilst you complete that first full set.,and lastly they dont complain if they dont like their first new set of nails.A friend for life.:hug:

Hi there, i wouldn't be without my nail trainer, it's so useful for all that practise we novices need lol! Like previously mentioned it will sit there for hours on end without complaining, won't move about or nip off to the loo half way through your application and never answers back! Especially good if you don't have a lot of friends who are willing to be guinea pigs as well! Good luck with your training, don't let your sister in law get you down, she's probably just scared you'll end up a better tech than her! x

Latest posts

Back