Mobile Therapists - Minimum Call Out Charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrie123

Reaction score
Hi to all mobile therapists? Do you all have minimum call out costs? I have read a few threads on here mentioning them but wondred if it was something all/most mobile therapists do.

Thanks

Carrie x

Hi to all mobile therapists? Do you all have minimum call out costs? I have read a few threads on here mentioning them but wondred if it was something all/most mobile therapists do.

Thanks

Carrie x

yes mine is £5 if its local £10 further afield, this is only while im still new and offering lower priced treatments, once my prices go up , so will my min call out to £10 no matter even ifts on my doorstep

hths xx

I think it depends on what you offer...I do Nails and charge £4 for a single nail repair....would I go out with all my kit for that...??? NO !!....Thats when i would decide what I would go out for...and I decided £10 min.

However there was always the option for them to come to me and pay £4...:lol:

My minimum call out charge is £20.

I charge £10 for eyelash tints, i am not going to get my massage bed out and drive 10 miles for £10. Think of the products, time and petrol. The petrol is going up so i may increase it to £25. xx

Hi, I also say £20.00, but the client can share this price with a friend.

I have a minimum of £15.
I have many friends who don't and then end up leaving the hours and traveling miles for an eyebrow wax and charging only a few pound. So not worth it.

Mine is £10 but also have a room at home they can come to if needed.

Mines £25 pounds just to make it worth my while, but I drop it to £20 if I'm in the area or it is a regular client who lives nearby. :hug:

when you say that you charge £20 call out charge for example.....is that on top of the normal treatment charge? imagine a full set of acrylics is 35.00 and your call out charge is 20....will that make the cost overall to 55.00??

It's not on top of the treatment. They need to book a treatment to that value or over.:hug:

Mine is £15. I was asked to go out tonight for a £6 underarm wax but when (in an assertive mood!) I politely explained my policy and she has booked an additional £25 on top of that.

People will ask you to go out on a Friday night for a fiver but I think you have to weigh it up against your family commitments, petrol etc. x

I tend to leave it down to my own discretion.I only work part time around my husbands hours,so i dont travel that far afield anyway.I have a couple of clients that live in the same village as me who have eyebrow wax and lip/chin waxes that i go to,but it very easy for me to just nip to their house so i have no petrol costs.If i worked futher afield there is no way i would be travelling 5-10 miles just for a £5 treatment.

Now I find this one a difficult one, I am a mobile hairdresser and have been for quite a few years, I am very busy most of the time going from 1 house to another with no spare time inbetween, most of my regular clients having their weekly blowdry so in that case I go out for just the price of a cut or a blow, all my hair clients live in the villages around me so not too much travelling inbetween each one, but now for when I start my beauty treatments mobile....thats different....I don't really know what I would do? if it was the same client who was having her hair done that would work perfectly, 2 treatments in 1 go, but if it was a 'new' client from a different area just say for a eyebrow wax would it be worth going for just a few quid? would this be a chance to offer other treatments to the clients in future and hopefully she would book say more than the eyebrow wax next time? I think I would go and do it (until I built upa regular client base) and then you can get to know the clients and their requirements, if they are just going to book the odd 'cheap' treatment try and book them in when you are around that area when you have a similar treatment nearby, then you are not just making a special journey and making no money! Use it to your advantage until you get a good clientelle built up.

Latest posts

Back