Mobilers - how many colours is enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickle

Reaction score
Sorry to bombard the forum with threads, I have one more question...

I am in the process of putting together a kit of products to do mobile manicures, and just wondered how many colours you would recommend to take which would give the client a healthy selection of french, neutral, darks, reds etc.

I was thinking of going with CND, as I have always used their products an find them fab. I was thinking 18 colours would be suffice, but teaming this with all my other equipment makes for a heavy bag which I could do without.

Do you think it is possible to offer a decent selection with less than this?

Wudnt hav a clue... But Id be interested to find out the replies... hmmm... I think everyone mite b in bed... Ill check the result in the mornin,

Nite Tickle and others who will read this post
x

When I was mobile I took around 30 polishes with me.

I carry 25 - 30

I've got 26, to be honest its fear that stops me cutting that down. I know what colours my clients at the mo want but I'm still at the eeek better have everything just in case stage!!!

I do tend to carry a selection of about 30 Enamels. Saying that pinks, reds,purples,and black seem to be the most popular with my clients at the present moment.

I have 101 CND enamels for clients to choose from & a case to carry them in.
A colour pop stand with 36 c/pops of the latest & loved colours to display.

Rejoice & Replenish from the Spring Collection have been really popular for fingers, Passionfruit Poppy for toes.

I tend to take more than needed but have learnt to pack it in appropriate
travel cases to make life a little bit easier.

XX J XX

I have 40 varnishes, in all the colours of the rainbow !

I want my clients to have the same choice they would have going to a salon.

Marlise

I can't get enough of them!

My polish case carries around 30 but I have a few more that I tend to swap and change about so the clients don't get too bored.:lol:

I can't get enough of them!

My polish case carries around 30 but I have a few more that I tend to swap and change about so the clients don't get too bored.:lol:

I'm the same, but I really need to get some new ones! I'm doing a pamper evening in March so I'm thinking of selling off the ones I never use cheap and buying new at ExCel to replace them......!

I have around 30-40 polishes, I keep them in a polish carrier in the car and i keep a separate polish carrier for my french and popular dark colours at the mo in my trolley so they are always with me. If I need to run to the car to get the others its no bother.

I have about 30-40 and have a little silver case with pull out trays that they fit into.

hth's

i have about 30 too - think this offers a good enough choice!

hth

I carry 30 with me, but where can I get a polish holder from ?

I've got 60 - 70 colours but TBH in my area it's pinks, natural shades or deep dark cherry and that's it! I reckon I could halve my selection easily and still give loads of choice. (But I have a weakness for beautiful colours and cannot resist buying!)

i have a nail polish case that holds over 40 polishes

it was recommended to me for a mobile tech

i have a nail polish case that holds over 40 polishes

it was recommended to me for a mobile tech

What case is this ?

Do you have a pic you can show us ?

Marlise

I have about 40 polishes. Only about 10 are regularly used but I daren't get rid or not carry the others just in case - even the glitter ones.

I'd definitely like to hear of other carriers for them. I loved the idea of the CND one but they don't seem to be available any more.:cry: Maybe you know different....

tickel i am glad you asked this because i am starting up mobile in the fall and am in the process of planning products, etc.. and I was wondering the same thing. how many polishes will I need.
well from the sounds of it 20-30 is safe... lots more to carry but I think getting a polish carrier would be good, also to keep them from going bad in the car.

Latest posts

Back