Moor Spa, Algologie or Swiss Dermyl? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia*

Reaction score
Hello All
I'm starting out, initially mobile, and am making the final choice on my skincare range for facials. My clients are more interested in 'relaxing, pampering treatments' than needing results driven treatments.

I want to offer a classic facial and a more luxury version. As I'm mobile, I need a range that doesn't require me to buy a transit van to carry a whole selection of different products around!

I would really appreciate what you think of Moor Spa, Algologie and Swiss Dermyl ranges - pros and cons for mobile especially.

Thank you everyone. This site is brilliant. I've learnt so much!

Julia
x

HI Julia

I am mobile and I use Moor Spa. I can order what I like when I like, I don't get phone calls bugging me, asking me how it is going, do I need to order more stock etc... they just let me get on with it. I love all their stuff and you get very good sample sizes to try out first of all and they are all lovely if you need any advice. Have you tried all of the ones you mentioned? I didn't get any response form the other two when I requested samples but I did only email them I think - I mostly do email. Try them all and go with the ones you like best, I like the customer serv ice from Moor Spa and I like their marketing (all naturla from the moor etc...) but I am a sucker for all that Jazz. And the fact that they are not tested on animals was a big plus for me.

Sorry for the rather incoherent answer! I tend to waffle rather! Good luck with your decision.

Lx

thank you for your help

I've had samples from them all (Moor Spa's samples were very generous, gave a real feel for the products). I'm swaying between Algologie and Moor Spa. I've spoken with Moor Spa today and they are really helpful. I feel Moor Spa are more 'natural' (not tested on animals) although Algologie seems to have more specific skin care lines - anti-ageing, sensitive etc.

One product in the Algologie range appears to contain fish oil - which I guess means the facials are not suitable for vegetarians/vegans, something which onlky just occurred to me!

Thanks again
Julia
x

hi im also looking at getting a skin care range and was between swiss dermyl and algologie, but i did read somewhere that algologie dont have trainers anymore so you will just have to follow the manual, so not sure if that would factor in your decision making

Thank you for your replies

Never expected chosing a skin care range to be so tricky. I wish I could combine the best bits I like from each range to make the perfect one for me!

I wish CND would look at skincare - I just know it would tick all the boxes!

Jx

hi im also looking at getting a skin care range and was between swiss dermyl and algologie, but i did read somewhere that algologie dont have trainers anymore so you will just have to follow the manual, so not sure if that would factor in your decision making

Yes that is true Algologie dont have trainers, you have to learn from a manual yourself.

Yes that is true Algologie dont have trainers, you have to learn from a manual yourself.
If you have to learn from a manual yourself that is no substitute for a trainer,and i would not give that sort of company the time of day.

If you have to learn from a manual yourself that is no substitute for a trainer,and i would not give that sort of company the time of day.

No, I did not have to learn from a manual, I was the company trainer until last year and then have moved on to other things. Jica the distributer in the UK have no trainer or sales staff so currently they are photocopying pages and sending them out.

Its not a good thing I agree,

It's a real shame as I like the products. I was lucky enough to get training from Debbie while she worked for them.

I have spoken to Jica and they have employed a new trainer.

J

if your looking for a pampering facial the aromatherapy eve taylor range is lovely

to be honest i would try and have a facial yourself with all of them

one you havent mentioned though is eve taylor and for £100 you can get a complete mobile package which will see you do many facials and treatments and get more than your start up price for

i would check them out as they are fabulous and results are very positive

good luck

Thank you for your replies

Never expected chosing a skin care range to be so tricky. I wish I could combine the best bits I like from each range to make the perfect one for me!

I wish CND would look at skincare - I just know it would tick all the boxes!

Jx
Choosing a Skin Care brand is tough. Have you tried any of the products on your short list yet. If you need any help or advice on Moor Spa please feel free to get in touch. Jo

Latest posts

Back