Moving house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
So as the subject suggests im moving house. We get keys monday and move in saturday. What should i not forget to do? Really dont want to forget anything!
Spoken to gas electric and water companies. Sorted tv and broadband. Sorted insurances.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

When packing keep the kettle & tea bags etc out :)

Pay royal mail for a mail redirect for 3 months or so that should help you realise who you've not yet notified. Good luck! Xx

How about council tax? I know it's horrible, but has to be done. Best to find out what day your bins are collected too 😉
Good luck with the move x

Knew there'd be loads i hadnt thought of. Thank u x

I've just moved two weeks ago, from Newcastle to Richmond but into my new house last Sunday its been quite stressful as the house needs a lot of cleaning and I am shattered! The best thing that helped but bought a note pad and wrote everything from removals to council tax and had them all ticked off when sorted.
I'm getting there and stating to settle in now, good luck and take lots of tea breaks xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Make sure your toaster & microwave are out too, as the last thing you'll want to do is cook dinner lol x

And have a good pamper before as you won't have time once moving xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If you're packing yourself make sure you label every box and number it - keep a sheet saying what's in each box and which room you want it in when you're in your new house. Good luck with the move.

Thanks all. Going to get me a list sorted in morning :) would love a nice pamper however need to fully pack up my house and redecorate new house before we move in next saturday! It has no paint on the walls or flooring down so priorities are flooring and repainting lounge, kitchen, my bedroom and kids room (luckily they want to share so play room can wait a bit) then sort hall stairs and landing, dining room and bathroom once we're in and i dont even want to think about the garden! Did i mention my kids are both under 3 as well. I'll be grey next weekend lol, luckily bluerinse is near me as think will be needing his services to remove grey and no.doubt endless paint splashes!!

Aw bless you! Try enjoy it a bit too, moving is exciting & sounds like you've got a great future home in the making Xx

Get take away menus from places close by as once you start decorating you will lose track of time and won't want to cook lol.

I've also just moved into my first place with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. We got the keys on the 12th Oct and it still looks like a building site! Im hoping my living room is finished at the middle of next week so the bathroom can get ripped out and the new one out o hall to where its ment to be haha.

Good luck with the move i hope everything goes to plan :)
Vicki :) xx

Latest posts

Back