My client has stuck her nail back on with super glue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
To make it worse the client is my sister in law AND shes due to come in for a re balance at my local college tomorrow night because I am being assessed.

I went to pick up my nephew yesterday and she proudly showed me her nails (which have now been on 6 weeks woo-hoo!). She had very little lifting she usually takes such good care of them but I immediately pointed out this one nail. She went bright red and explained it had come off and she had stuck it back on with SUPER GLUE!
It looks absolutely awful.

The nails are a buff off gel so my question is do I just buff off the damaged nail? Is there anything extra I need to do to remove this blasted glue?
Also would you recommend I did it before tomorrow or leave it till my assessment? :rolleyes:

Apologies in advance if I sound completley dumb :smack:

Thanks
Amy

EDIT NOTE: This is not her first rebalance in 6 weeks I put the new set on 6 weeks ago
My question is based on covering a replacement within my assesment. Is this too much of a challenge? All her other nails are just fine.

Last edited:
I'm sure that after 6 weeks and no maintenance you will have enough issues to contend with at your assessment without doing a removal as well.

Remove it and clean it up today and apply a new nail at your assessment.

Geeg that is a bit of an assumption!

Her nails have been on 6 weeks but this is not her first rebalance!

Amy

Absolutely. Remove it as soon as possible, who knows what she caught underneath it? Also make clear to her to never do this again for it can really damage her natural nail (bacteria etc.).

Good luck!

Oh , I thought they had gone without a rebalance for 6 weeks too.

I was going to ask your secret:lol:

I have one particular client who does this, no matter what i say to her. It is really annoying cos you've then got to spend time getting the bloody thing off. Once she did this and the whole of her nail bed turned green...:green::rolleyes:.

why do people do this,
or stick a stick on nail on, until they come back?? for their maintenence appt?????

Understand how you feel. one of my clients does this and shes my mum! Keep telling her to phone me and not glue it on, luckily she uses nail glue and not super glue. Some super glues come with a glue remover which is safe for the skin, i know this because i had a tube of super glue stuck to the tip of my thumb a few days ago :o. The glue is very strong and the glue remover got it off no problem. hth's, xx

i too (apart from geeg and adele) thought that the nails hadnt been rebalanced within 6 weeks, unfortunately, its the way you, or anyone else types stuff flower, that gets the wrong responses, now if you had said that she had had rebalances during this time, you would have had a totally diff response. I too would personally remove the damaged nail, cos you will end up with something nasty going on underneath it. she (your client) NEEDS to tell you about this or otherwise, NOT STICK IT BACK ON. I had a client that done the exact same thing, i told her off, and told her about greenies, and her finger will drop off..........hahahahaha. she came to my way of thinking

i too (apart from geeg and adele) thought that the nails hadnt been rebalanced within 6 weeks, unfortunately, its the way you, or anyone else types stuff flower, that gets the wrong responses, now if you had said that she had had rebalances during this time, you would have had a totally diff response. I too would personally remove the damaged nail, cos you will end up with something nasty going on underneath it. she (your client) NEEDS to tell you about this or otherwise, NOT STICK IT BACK ON. I had a client that done the exact same thing, i told her off, and told her about greenies, and her finger will drop off..........hahahahaha. she came to my way of thinking

Being a l&p girl I've got to ask:lol: how would she remove this?
Amy says its a buff of gel, but should she just assume the super glue will sit tight or should she soak the nail in acetone first to see if the super glue will dissolve? If so for how long?

Latest posts

Back