My dog has been rushed to the vet with twisted gut!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear your good news Tsia:hug:

Thanks again everyone for all your kind messages and thoughts etc..

We have to go back to the vets for a check up on wednesday so I will do another update then.
I have looked closely at her wound.. its not stitches, its glued! :eek:
Dont they use stitches these days?? :rolleyes:
I spose glue keeps more dirt out though..

:rolleyes:
I spose glue keeps more dirt out though..

Tsia,

I glad all is well with Levi. Am i right in saying that if they had stitches then animals tend to lick and bite at the wound which would disturb them, thats why they usually have the lampshade around there head to stop this. I suppose the glue stop this as well.

Give him a nice big bone for a treat.

so glad to see that levi is going to be ok. what a relief for you Tsia. :hug:

Dear Dog-lover

i've had a big Saint Bernard mixed Doggie put to sleep a few months ago after the xray was
viewed by the Animal Emercency Vet. I was told that his chances for recovery are slim and long term.I take care of many homeless pets here in the U.S.A and this poor dog was so hungry after finding him dumped in the hot dessert.
He ate and drank too much too soon/fast.
I have come into many contacts with Vets/Kennels and unwanted Pet- Killing- Camps over the last 25 years her in the U.S.A (I'm from Germany)and i have to say that i suspect that the Kennel might be the Culprit of your Doggies medical Problem?
Many Kennels underfeed/underwater the Animals to keep cost and employees wages down. Just before your Dog was released for going home he may been fed and watered after being fasted for a Day or so? After all ....it would ruin a Kennels reputation if
peoples Pets returned home very thirsty and hungry.
In my 20 some years with Animal Welfare Issues i have learned that most of Establishments that handle Animals and Money are inhumane.
Most Vet Clinics etc. in my Town dont take the time to let Pets relief themselves. The pets are keept in cages where they will hold out as long as their Bladders etc. can handle. During the hours of 6 pm til 8 am no one is present to watch over the Critters.
Since i learned the cruel way I will never leave Animals in Kennels or Vet Clinics over night.
I hope England is not the same in these matters and that you're Doggie will be with you well soon.You could visit him often and may even get permission to spend the nights ? If i can be of any help please feel free to pm me .

my thoughts are with you
Dorothea

Dear Dog-lover

i've had a big Saint Bernard mixed Doggie put to sleep a few months ago after the xray was
viewed by the Animal Emercency Vet. I was told that his chances for recovery are slim and long term.I take care of many homeless pets here in the U.S.A and this poor dog was so hungry after finding him dumped in the hot dessert.
He ate and drank too much too soon/fast.
I have come into many contacts with Vets/Kennels and unwanted Pet- Killing- Camps over the last 25 years her in the U.S.A (I'm from Germany)and i have to say that i suspect that the Kennel might be the Culprit of your Doggies medical Problem?
Many Kennels underfeed/underwater the Animals to keep cost and employees wages down. Just before your Dog was released for going home he may been fed and watered after being fasted for a Day or so? After all ....it would ruin a Kennels reputation if
peoples Pets returned home very thirsty and hungry.
In my 20 some years with Animal Welfare Issues i have learned that most of Establishments that handle Animals and Money are inhumane.
Most Vet Clinics etc. in my Town dont take the time to let Pets relief themselves. The pets are keept in cages where they will hold out as long as their Bladders etc. can handle. During the hours of 6 pm til 8 am no one is present to watch over the Critters.
Since i learned the cruel way I will never leave Animals in Kennels or Vet Clinics over night.
I hope England is not the same in these matters and that you're Doggie will be with you well soon.You could visit him often and may even get permission to spend the nights ? If i can be of any help please feel free to pm me .

my thoughts are with you
Dorothea

You know, reading that I bet you are right. I would love to demand a log taken for my animals.
They say that dogs always lose weight in kennels and I bet thats one reason!

The reason they say come before 11am or you are charged another day is because thats feeding time.. so I dont know about the feeding thing.

However I would love to be a fly on a wall in there!
Saying that.. how does an owner ever know what goes on behind closed doors?
When I first inquired there, they told me of walks twice a day etc.. now I rarely put my dogs on a lead because I live in such a rural area theres no need..and my dogs are mad on leads even with the harnesses they pull like mad.
Yet the kennel owner has NEVER commented on this, and about how boystrous they are not being used to leads as I presume naturally she would.

Also, I arrived early once to pick them up and all three were outside in a penned off enclosure seperate to their 'kennel'.
How often does she just put them out there? and no walk? maybe this now is a different thread.. but I often wonder.
At least they are footing the bill.. but is that a guilty conscience? .. or an understanding nice lady thats turned her love for animals into a business? :rolleyes:

Would love to hear anyones point of view who used to work/run a kennels..

Its amazing how many people say 'just not the same dog' after being at the kennels. It must be incredibly hard work to walk dogs twice a day and keep the kennel clean.

Theres an amzing kennels up here called triple a and its 5star (some rooms have tv in & everything) but its very pricey and didnt think it was fair when they charge you for cuddles etc (I wouldnt chrage to give a dog a cuddle - people would owe me a fortune by now) but people do feel happier sending them to this place. I have never kenneled my dog cos always had someone to watch her but it must be pretty traumatic for the dog - they are creatures of habit and must take to this strange routine pretty badly.

Do you know what? When my poor Axl was alive, whenever we collected him from the kennels he was very thin and would eat and eat like he had not eaten in days when he got home. We just put it down to him missing us so probably would not eat in there.
Now I feel sick thinking what could have been going on in there.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back