My dog keeps collapsing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Within

Reaction score
hey everyone
I have a 6 year old boxer dog, who is always full of energy and a puller on the lead, i struggle to hold him back sometimes.
I was out walking him yesterday and he started to walk really slow (which is not like him) then all of a sudden his legs were giving way, he was trying to walk but stumbling and then just fell to the floor and urinated while led on the floor. After a few minutes he got back up but walked very slowly back home (again not like him) got him back home and he was fine so i put it down to the hot weather. He was his normal self this morning and all afternoon but i thought i would leave his walk till later on when the temperature had cooled.

so iv just got back from a walk with him now and he did it again but it didnt seem as bad as yesterday and wasn't on the floor for as long.

Has anyone else experienced this with there dog? or anyone who knows what it could be?

Thank you x

Time for the vet, and get well soon doggie x

That's awful what a worry for you.Dogs can get epilepsy and take medication just like humans hope the vet can find out what is wrong.

Oour eldest gsd had a virus over xmas which was like our nurovirus she was very poorly to the point that she didnt want to go out for her walks. What your describing sounds like the same thing our girl had but yup to the vets for your doggie. Did you notice if he had drunk any water nearby or eaten anything? This may be the cause too and he managed to get it out of his system pdq hence feeling better once he got home. I hope he gets better soon x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Have you checked his paws? The pads & inbetween? Just incase something has gone in. Or it could be his hips/ legs.

Defiantly need to get to the vets, get well soon pooch :) xx

I dont know what part of lancashire you are from but i do hope its not near Barnoldswick because there has been afew cases around here of dogs getting very poorly very quickly after being walked in the local fields. You need to get him to a vets tonight dont wait. X

Vets asap.They can get epilepsy and also they can have seizures not associated with epilepsy.

The vet should do seizure profiles and also check your dogs liver.

I hope your pup is ok please update us.XX

I agree vets ASAP, it could be anything.

My Mother in laws little dog has fits but his sound a bit different to what happens to your dog, he does lie down for a long time after though and there are so many different versions of epilepsy so it could be that.

I hope your dog is okay today.

Get well soon doggie! <3

We have a boxer, he is 9 years old so an old man now! He has had a couple of fits like that before, years ago. He would just collapse and sometimes wet himself, he would look scared & disorientated but then snap out of it. He only did it maybe twice with a couple of years between so we just put it down to something on the day weather etc and i think we asked the vet the second time and he said it could of been a fit but to keep our eye on him and hes been fine! I hope your boxer is ok & that it is just a boxer thing and nothing to worry about!?

Aww, you must be so worried :sad:

Something like this happened with my 12 yr old Boxer Lucy last June. She kept collapsing on our walk in the field & I really thought her time was up!. Took her to the vets & she had a very high temperature/fever so no wonder she had no energy bless her.

I think that walk must have really shaken her up as I think we only went walkies once more after that until we sadly lost her in February (6 weeks off her 13th birthday) :cry:

Hope your pooch is back to fighting fit asap x

This happened to our dog when he was a puppy and sadly he died at 8 months.

Boxers have known heart problems - cardiomyopathy and aortic stenosis are a few and this is what my dog died from. I would get him to the vet soon and insist on a 24 heart moniter test. He then may be able to be given medication. Has he been heart scored at all?

hey everyone
I have a 6 year old boxer dog, who is always full of energy and a puller on the lead, i struggle to hold him back sometimes.
I was out walking him yesterday and he started to walk really slow (which is not like him) then all of a sudden his legs were giving way, he was trying to walk but stumbling and then just fell to the floor and urinated while led on the floor. After a few minutes he got back up but walked very slowly back home (again not like him) got him back home and he was fine so i put it down to the hot weather. He was his normal self this morning and all afternoon but i thought i would leave his walk till later on when the temperature had cooled.

so iv just got back from a walk with him now and he did it again but it didnt seem as bad as yesterday and wasn't on the floor for as long.

Has anyone else experienced this with there dog? or anyone who knows what it could be?

Thank you x

Did you take him to the vet? How is he?

To add to the above our dog Louie would be fine, run around like a looney them kind if stand still, with a doomed look on his face and then collapse. He wouldn't pass out but would breath heavily and just his eyes would glaze over.

We were devastated when he died as it happened so suddenly one morning but he was playing with two other boxers do he died happily. He used to go to work with my husband who's a builder and they even tried to give him mouth to mouth ( how sweet) but sadly he was long fine before we got him to the vet . I hope you get this sorted.

Please let us know how your dog is . You were on salon geek after the last poster posted . We would like to know .

:)

x

I hope everything is ok? As a dog owner to, we love our furry babies so much, I just hope your fur baby is on the mend :hugs:

This happened to our dog when he was a puppy and sadly he died at 8 months.

Boxers have known heart problems - cardiomyopathy and aortic stenosis are a few and this is what my dog died from. I would get him to the vet soon and insist on a 24 heart moniter test. He then may be able to be given medication. Has he been heart scored at all?

This is true it is very common for boxer to get heart problems. Vets ASAP
Hope all turns out okay x

Hi there

My 7 year old Boxer Alfie started doing the same about 3weeks ago- we are going through hell at the moment and the vets seem to be struggling to diagnose .. Did you manage to diagnose your boxers illness?

Many thanks

Mike

Latest posts

Back