My first attempt at pink & white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi can anyone tell me an easier way to create perfect smile lines?! :|

[Might sound quite strange to you all. But i have high demand for thick curved nails. At first i used to think that they wanted it thinking that it might make them last longer. I explained to my clients that this is not the case and have realised that they just want them thick. I have not done paperthin natural looking nails for about a year now. I'll post some pics, i'm sure you all wont like them but there you go!!:Grope: I f my clients thought they where ugly i would not have them on wouldnt want them to run away!!! Lol

[Might sound quite strange to you all. But i have high demand for thick curved nails.
I don't understand why there's a demand for overly thick nails. They're not going to be stronger than a 'normal' structured enhancement and will cause damage (maybe even permanently) to the natural nail if they're caught and/or banged hard as there's no way they'll be able to break under the stress.

At first i used to think that they wanted it thinking that it might make them last longer. I explained to my clients that this is not the case and have realised that they just want them thick.
But why? What is their reasoning for wanting them that thick?

I have not done paperthin natural looking nails for about a year now. I'll post some pics, i'm sure you all wont like them but there you go!!:Grope: I f my clients thought they where ugly i would not have them on wouldnt want them to run away!!! Lol
You're right, sorry, I don't like them, the apexes are exaggerated and way too high, some of the nails look deformed the way they curve unnaturally, way too thick and not at all pleasing to look at structurally.

I can appreciate the art you've done on them and think you have a talent for it.

you can check my album out if you want to see more

To be honest i couldn't tell you i used to wonder why myself but i just stoped asking questions and do what they wanted.

You have a niche clietele so go with it. Some of the nails look deformed and painful but its a small minority that want nails like this.
I think (and hope) that you know nails like this puts unnecessary strain on the nail and may lead to nail bed separation and have some kind of waiver in your consultation form as this is a case of the client telling the professional what is best and wouldnt stand up in court if a client's finger ripped off and resulted in permanent damage.
It is however up to you and I am more concerned about Nail techs getting a bad name in the event of problems.

Most of my clients are of a particular nationality (won't say what as i don’t want to make it sound like a racial thing). They love this sort of bulky thick fake look. They even complain that it's not thick enough or curved enough. I have to tell them if i have to do it any thicker than what i call thick then they'll be charged extra, which throws them off.

Although i like my nails to be thick, i have done sets that i don’t think look very nice as there over thick. But hey i get paid to do what they want. And if they want the STATURE OF LIBERTY then they shall get it!!
:lol:

i think you are a big person to have taken all the critique the way you have as you havent got offensive at all.you seem to have just taken it all in your stride which is big of you.
you are right about if that wants the client wants then thats what you do especially if they are quite popular( although i have no idea why).
on the positive side your art is great and i love the colours you have used,you certainly have a knack for it.xx

I agree with Tracy Louise in the fact that you have been brave to post the pictures on here... and brilliant in your positive up beat responses.

The shape etc is not for me but I admire your art! If I might be so bold, I would love your thoughts on the nail styles you see on sites such as www.cnd.com or www.sweetsquared.com - it may help you see structure in a different way although I suspect your clientele like what you do just the way you do it and I do believe it can be a culture thing so don't fight it! :hug:

Can I ask just how you get these nails so curvy........

I have a way os sticking my tips on, so they curve with verry little effort and use the one ball methood as appose to applying layers and layers of Acrylic. Some times i used curved nails if i want to cut a bit of time, A set of curved nails takes about an hour though.:smack:

Checked it out some great nails i like it yes. for my customers it would be a no no but in general there lovely.:hug:

Dont get me wrong i can do these type nails and started out doing normal looking nails, if i had a customer who wanted this shape and type of nail it would not be a problem for me. Its just been a long time:eek:

Mrs Geek: The shape etc is not for me but I admire your art! If I might be so bold, I would love your thoughts on the nail styles you see on sites such as www.cnd.com or www.sweetsquared.com - it may help you see structure in a different way although I suspect your clientele like what you do just the way you do it and I do believe it can be a culture thing so don't fight it! :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back