My first attempt of acrylic extentions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelle1979

Reaction score
What do you think? Unfortunately the pic isnt that clear xxx

14Michelleafterdoingournails18608.jpg

well done, for your first attempt i'd say they are a pretty good set..hard to see with the picture but from a distance they look great) x

I agree hard to say from the distance but looking good at a first attemp how long did they take? and did you enjoy doing it though?

Thanks guys, took me about 1 hour for one set and 45 mins for the other set. Had a bit of a problem blending but I got there in the end. I loved doing it, it felt like this is what I should have been doing years ago :) xxxx

What are they nnos ,tips or sculpts.They look good for first attempt how are you doing them so quick though.

Hi,
Can i ask what products you use?
Would be good if you could take some closer photos next time.:hug:

i agree about the photo being to far away but from a distance they look really good.
i was also wondering how you are managing to them so quickly?
ive been doing nails for nearly 4 years and it still takes me atleast 1 1/2 hours as i only work from home.
whats your secret?x

I like them, they look really natural. I would also love to know your secret on your timing. My first set took at least 4 hours EEEK!:lol:

Thanks guys, took me about 1 hour for one set and 45 mins for the other set. Had a bit of a problem blending but I got there in the end. I loved doing it, it felt like this is what I should have been doing years ago :) xxxx

Thats incredibly fast! Which system are you training with, is it a single colour over the tips? I can see on some nails where the well of the tips are but as some one else said, would be good to see closer pictures :hug:

Wow thats fast..... How did you manage to thoroughly prep, tip, apply product, file & finish in 45 mins...

Have you a closer pic?

Well done for posting ...

I really dont know, I did it on my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and when i asked how long it took she said about an hour and for hannah 45 mins. They havent fallen off yet so i guess i did it right lol

I really dont know, I did it on my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and when i asked how long it took she said about an hour and for hannah 45 mins. They havent fallen off yet so i guess i did it right lol

Can you run us through your procedure step by step from prep onwards? I'm fascinated by those times!:hug:

Can you run us through your procedure step by step from prep onwards? I'm fascinated by those times!:hug:
Me too, I would love to know how its done that fast and what your routine is. x

Sanatising of hands
Cuticles
File of natural nails
Buff of natural nails
Nail selection for each finger
Tipping
Shaping
blending
Prima
Overlay
File
Buff
cuticle oil

Well done you! Excellent first attempt, keep up the good work xx

Well done, p&w next lol

Good luck

Oh yes let us know how you get on with your P&W's would love to see a piccy of them too. God i'm nosey hehe:lol::lol:

well done they are really nice , my first set took me two hours and i still wasent happy with them !:lol:

Well done for posting your picture and of your first attempt too. You asked what people thought though and here's mine. I saved the picture so I could look a little bit more closely. I hope you take it as well meant because thats how I mean it. Some of the tips have very visible wells (you can reduce the wells before you apply the tips with some curved scissors to reduce it before applying them which makes blending them easier) and the thumb on the hand bottom right of the picture looks like it has too large a tip. They also look thin and I dont see an apex on the nails we can see side on, they look very level. You dont say who you are training with or which system but this will all be put right as your course goes on but if your practicing it's important to have lots of opinions, I know I appreciate them all on the very rare occasions I post mine.

Your speed is amazing but it's also unusual in some one's first try so maybe as more technique gets in there you might well find you slow a bit, thats no bad thing though :hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back