My first eBook now available!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
I just wanted to share with you guys the news of my first eBook that I have just completed. I am incredibly passionate about my massage, the power of massage and touch and strongly believe everyone should benefit from it! We have become far too touch-phobic as a society.

I've finally got my act together to put fingers to keyboard to get this written, its a free guide I've called "How to get repeat clients that do your marketing for you." It's a very simple idea that has worked very well for me, and I want therapists to be successful and I don't think we should be ripped off with advertising or marketing scams.

Depending on the feedback I get with this I have some further ones planned: "The Three R's: Repeat, Refer, Reward", "Male Clients: Why and how you should say yes!" and "Get your balls out: Simple massage techniques to teach clients for use between appointments".

So if you'd like to have a look at the first one it is available through my training website: Injury Prevention Massage Training

I'd love to have some feedback on it! There may be some minor revisions as I discover typo's and grammatical errors over the next few days. No matter how many times I proof read it I always miss some.

Mat xx

Well done Mat.. how cool! I have received it and will read it as soon as I get the chance, prob not til this eve, and I promise I will give you feedback. Thank you! :hug:

Hi Matt

I am looking forward to having a read of your book. Sounds really helpful and very generous of you to spend your time on.

Wil give you some feedback when I've read it.

thanks so much

Helen

Hi Mat, I received and read this through just now. It is well written and very readable in clear language. It underlines that a lot of us can perform treatments but we need to be really interested in the client and fulfil their expectations and go that extra mile. You stated that is has taken 6 years to be in the position you are at today. A lot of people come out of college and wonder where the clients are! It usually takes time and effort after training to build and maintain a good client base.

I do not think that we can ever estimate if advertising is wasted or not. A word of mouth referral is best of course but leaflets and websites are 'validation' of the business that we perfrom and can aid in promotion and back up.

Another thing that comes from you is that you enjoy what you do and obviously like your clients to benefit from it too. I think this is another major factor why clients will keep returning to any therapist - enthusiasm and professionalism for their trade.

Thank you for sharing this with us and well done.

Well done Mat.:cool:

I have received it and will let you know what I think when I have read it.

Thank you :hug:

Thanks guys! Glad it sounds of interest to people.

Mat

Mat I've just downloaded and read it - thanks!

You make it sound so obvious and simple and clever all at the same time.:lol:

They are excellent suggestions and will not only get the client thinking more about the treatment they are getting/have just had, but also the therapist too.

And the concept can be applied to pretty much all nail/beauty/holistic treatments a well I think, with just a little modification.

I will certainly be putting into practice! Thanks.:hug:

Thanks for the book Mat.

I've read it & agree with earlier comments how well written, useful & easy to read it is.

I can already see how I can improve my consultation process & also think what a lovely start to your massages the hand contact & deep breathing would be. I will definitely be trying that!

One thing I was curious to know more is when you are showing clients the 6 images, how do you interpret their chosen image into the type of massge you give them?

Would you do a slightly different massage for all 6 or do they signify the difference between an essentially relaxing massage or an energising one?

Hi Mat,

Thanks for the ebook, it made for great reading - you have a friendly and clear writing style, and the layout, structure and length of the book made it easy to digest in one sitting (but with enough thought-provoking stuff to print out, come back and re-read at a later stage too).

Your enthusiasm for the subject really shines through, and I enjoyed reading a bit about yourself at the beginning - although I already know you offsite, this introduction really helped me connect with you as the author and it was reassuring to read that success doesn't always happen overnight and a good reminder not to beat ourselves up over it.

The tips themselves are really great - there are certainly some that I can put into practice right away, and others that I will need to think more about how I can adapt for my own work. I did have a little giggle over the client comments when saying what they want to get out of a massage, I've heard all of those at some stage! But now I have a fresh way of approaching the topic, thank you.

Loved the idea of the postcards, and the breathing exercise. I agree that first 'welcome touch' with a client on the massage table is really important - I already do some still work through the towel at the start of my massage treatments, but I am going to incorporate it with the breathing exercise tomorrow and see how that works. Would you recommend this technique with all clients, or would it depend on what they want to get from the treatment?

Finally, I have to say that the book has made me look forward to attending one of your courses even more than I was already! It's certainly whetted my appetite and I can't wait to learn more from you, your passion and knowledge for the subject is inspiring.

Thanks for sharing :hug:

Andy x

I've just subscribed and I'm looking forward to reading it later on. Sounds fantastic and I might just book myself in for a massage as I'm intrigued. I love your site. xxxx

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's really really appreciated! So pleased you guys can see the potential in it and find it useful / inspiring.

And the concept can be applied to pretty much all nail/beauty/holistic treatments a well I think, with just a little modification.

Absolutely! That is what I am trying to do, yes I am primarily Massage and Manscaping but the principles of working with clients relate to all therapy and treatment practices.

One thing I was curious to know more is when you are showing clients the 6 images, how do you interpret their chosen image into the type of massge you give them?

Would you do a slightly different massage for all 6 or do they signify the difference between an essentially relaxing massage or an energising one?

Generally they will look through them and pick one, sometimes very quickly and with a strong emphasis on that one. I ask them to explain that one, was there something about it that they connected with particularly. What was the reason for choosing it. If they get the treatment they want how will they feel - what will they get from it.

The differences in the treatments, I could probably put together a whole days training on this kind of stuff. Lets take one of them that shows how a different massage can be applied to the same outcome:

Free
A clear head - without the worries and stresses of work whizzing around constantly so they can get to sleep. Or maybe they feel that their muscles are quite tight and movement is quite rigid and forced so they want them loose with fluid movement again.

I have had a client who has chosen Free before, she came in - a very busy business woman, scheduling the meeting was a military operation to fit into her week. She is always on the go and very stressed and tense. She came in booking a deep powerful treatment to loosen the muscles and release some knots. Yes, a deep muscular treatment would have probably done that. But thats not what I gave her. Instead she had a one hour full body massage with very long soft fluid strokes that flowed into one another. It sent her off to sleep with the fairies. And at the end of it her mind was still, her thoughts calm and her body loose. That one hour had been dedicated to her, and unlike the rest of her life was slow and nourishing - what she needed, that down time.

Now I have had some clients choose Free and having talked to them about it and what they want they have had a quite deep powerful and lively massage. They needed the movement and energy / power to free their body.

Your intuition and experience is very important to the treatment. As you work with clients using these ideas you will build up and understanding and develop your styles of finding out what they need.

Hi Mat,
Loved the idea of the postcards, and the breathing exercise. I agree that first 'welcome touch' with a client on the massage table is really important - I already do some still work through the towel at the start of my massage treatments, but I am going to incorporate it with the breathing exercise tomorrow and see how that works. Would you recommend this technique with all clients, or would it depend on what they want to get from the treatment?

I use the breathing technique on every client, its how I start every treatment. I also use it on nervous waxing clients as it helps calm them and if they are less tense they feel less pain.

Mat xx

I've managed to down load it now. Thanks very much for your help and the advise has come at a good time for me. I've been feeling a bit disillusioned the last few weeks (lots a bills not enough money:irked:), but this has given some enthusiasm again. Thanks.

haven't received mine yet!

Hi Mat,
I filled in the eform again and it was sent straight away.

I really loved the e-book, it was concise, straight to the point, simple and effective language, very focused on how a therapist would think.

Really looking forward to your next installment.

thanks for your generousity.

My apologies for any problems you guys have had downloading the book. I've changed my servers in the past few days and there have been a few gremlins about - serves me right for leaving the chicken out after midnight. Hopefully all is now working ok, and thanks again for all the feedback its really appreciated.

Mat

Great idea Mat. Very well laid out and easy to read even for someone like me who has no massage/beauty training. Maybe one or two pics on interspersed throughout the text might help in appearance, just my opinion.

Might be an idea to offer your info in some sort of RSS feed so that guys could use your info on their own sites, credit you obviously and maybe even link back to your site. Something to think about.

Best of luck with it, Sean

Thanks for this. Have just subscribed- can't wait to receive it.

Latest posts

Back