My first set of PopIts.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am shocked.

The amount of criticism and bad feeling about these Popits. We could do nails before so it's not the end of the world if we're not getting on with them!

I went to the demo and have to say they look great, and this is the general feeling coming across from everyone who went. Ok I'm having troubles just like everyone else but it's trial and error with these things. I did post in another Popit thread about how we're all running before we can walk and need to give them a chance to 'settle'...

One thing I definitely have to say is that you can't knock the amount of support that there is from this website. I am by no means sucking up here, but Geeg has helped sooooo many people with these Popits on this website... she doesn't have to.

Probably going to get slated here, but Nailzoo - I'm guessing that you haven't seen a demo by someone who knows the ins and outs of Popits? Seriously, the apex is stunning as is the cuticle refinement. It's the kind of nail that every nail technician should aspire to and try to produce.

xx

Well I am shocked.

Probably going to get slated here, but Nailzoo - I'm guessing that you haven't seen a demo by someone who knows the ins and outs of Popits? Seriously, the apex is stunning as is the cuticle refinement. It's the kind of nail that every nail technician should aspire to and try to produce.

xx

As stated in previous threads (not by me, but by others, including Geeg) there is a slight bump (which isn't there in a good set of hand done).
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/63352-ok-lets-see-more-pics-popits-nails-5.html
I'm bloody sure my clients would notice it.
To hell with buffing them in after a week, this shouldn't be needed, my clients don't do it now and won't wanna do it in the future (If it's about time saving then why come back to the salon in a week or so for a buff they never used to have? .... the drive to the salon, parking, the appointment etc).
It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation.

As for apex, i understand the barrel apex (and strength) is great, it's the side apex i have issues with .... let me explain, if the poppit (which is a pre-determined mold) is approx 3cm long, the apex is at 1.5cm, then thats fine, but only if it's matched with a nailplate that has the right length to suite that apex placement, any shorter or longer then the apex placement will be off...... apex placement has it's own criteria in the critique section. It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation.

Poppits will have their place, but there will (just like any other nail be the good and bad) ..... or less than perfect.

I don't mind them, but for me personally, they lack character due to their uniformity, which many natural nails don't have. They have a press-on-esque look about them. Which in all reality (like the terminology or not) they are.......

Everyone knows I prefer a much more natural looking nail ... that's my thing, as with anything fake, I want it to look real.

I may very well end up doing Poppits, but I will always see and acknowledge their shortcomings, thats my job as a self criticizer of my work (or a Poppits work) and a nail judge.

When the original Poppits (not called that) video was shown in a post here, they were well slated. I'm damn sure Geeg can do a much better job (there's no doubt). To be honest, that video should be replaced by one by Geeg to give that company some credibility.

Maybe when poppits have the sizes ,shapes and apexes of a system like (i'm gonna cut my own tongue off here) GO 30's, then they can lay claim to the variety of press ons we actually need.
EG: if one shape tip was sufficient (with a predetermined apex), why does every nail company have a variety of tips?

Many products have been originally slated (well-less tips come to mind, as well as GO 30's tips), then there has been a turn around, that's progress, change of opinion and change of mind, which is of course allowed (they all have their place in the market)

But don't forget where you came from, what you paid to be taught and what you used to strive for.

hi
got my sample of popits today i have not used them yet but would love to see some pics of your
tracy x:)

As stated in previous threads (not by me, but by others, including Geeg) there is a slight bump (which isn't there in a good set of hand done). This is true ... but in the best of hand done gel nails there is also a slight bump. We are talking very slight if well done.

To hell with buffing them in after a week, this shouldn't be needed. Many would not mind at all if the visit to the salon only took 30 minutes.

It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation, I'm bloody sure my clients would notice it. Yours and mine both ... but it is so slight that many would not mind or care.

As for apex, i understand the barrel apex (and strength) is great, it's the side apex i have issues with .... let me explain, if the poppit (which is a pre-determined mold) is approx 3cm long, the apex is at 1.5cm, then thats fine, but only if it's matched with a nailplate that has the right length to suite that apex placement, any shorter or longer then the apex placement will be off...... apex placement has it's own criteria in the critique section. It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation. The apex is absolutley there, Carl, and because it runs the whole length of the nail, it is right at any length. I know I have been wearing them for months.

Poppits will have their place, but there will (just like any other nail be the good and bad) ..... or less than perfect. Very true.

I don't mind them, but for me personally, they lack character due to their uniformity, which many natural nails don't have. They have a press-on-esque look about them. Which in all reality (like the terminology or not) they are....... They look nothing like press on nails. They are a uniform shape which 99% of clients want. Now you are saying that nails that look different in the same set look more natural? We all strive for uniformity in our work. that is what enhancement is all about.

Everyone knows I prefer a much more natural looking nail ... that's my thing, as with anything fake, I want it to look real. PopIts can look as natural as youwant o make them. You should see how natural a natural nail overlay is done when using them.

I may very well end up doing Poppits, but I will always see and acknowledge their shortcomings, thats my job as a self criticizer of my work (or a Poppits work) and a nail judge. Never sid they were perfect for all ... nothing is.

When the original Poppits (not called that) video was shown in a post here, they were well slated. I'm damn sure Geeg can do a much better job (there's no doubt). To be honest, that video should be replaced by one by Geeg to give that company some credibility. Damned right!!

Many products have been originally slated (well-less tips come to mind), then there has been a turn around, that's progress, change of opinion and change of mind, which is of course allowed.

But don't forget where you came from, what you paid to be taught and what you used to strive for.

I dont think anyone is being asked to forget anything ... just to have an open mind and to move along.

Popits are something new to the industry. God knows we need it. I don't think that any of what a lot of us have learnt or paid for will go to waste. We still need the basics to ensure that these are applied correctly e.g. prep and mixed ratio.

The apex placement varies from Popit to Popit. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment there are 10 different sizes??? And there are more in the making. As I mentioned before and as Nailzoo has mentioned these aren't for everyone. If you get someone with a very very large nailbed or for that matter a very small one, then you're most probably going to have to improvise by way of sculpting etc.

They are still in the making or should I say in the 'teething stage'.

But hey, what do I know? Not as much as some, but possibly more than others.... I've asked questions, I've heard the chat and seen the demo and went in there with a lot of negative thoughts. I came out feeling inspired.

....This is in no way meant as a dig to people who didn't go to the demo!!

My pinky nails are small, I think, and the nail Geeg did on it had a lovely apex both from the side and barrel. It's not as if anyone said that now Popits are here we should all forget all we know, are learning, its just another way of doing things.

As stated in previous threads (not by me, but by others, including Geeg) there is a slight bump (which isn't there in a good set of hand done).
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/63352-ok-lets-see-more-pics-popits-nails-5.html
I'm bloody sure my clients would notice it.
To hell with buffing them in after a week, this shouldn't be needed, my clients don't do it now and won't wanna do it in the future (If it's about time saving then why come back to the salon in a week or so for a buff they never used to have? .... the drive to the salon, parking, the appointment etc).
It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation.

As for apex, i understand the barrel apex (and strength) is great, it's the side apex i have issues with .... let me explain, if the poppit (which is a pre-determined mold) is approx 3cm long, the apex is at 1.5cm, then thats fine, but only if it's matched with a nailplate that has the right length to suite that apex placement, any shorter or longer then the apex placement will be off...... apex placement has it's own criteria in the critique section. It's not slating Poppits, it's an observation.

Poppits will have their place, but there will (just like any other nail be the good and bad) ..... or less than perfect.

I don't mind them, but for me personally, they lack character due to their uniformity, which many natural nails don't have. They have a press-on-esque look about them. Which in all reality (like the terminology or not) they are.......

Everyone knows I prefer a much more natural looking nail ... that's my thing, as with anything fake, I want it to look real.

I may very well end up doing Poppits, but I will always see and acknowledge their shortcomings, thats my job as a self criticizer of my work (or a Poppits work) and a nail judge.

When the original Poppits (not called that) video was shown in a post here, they were well slated. I'm damn sure Geeg can do a much better job (there's no doubt). To be honest, that video should be replaced by one by Geeg to give that company some credibility.

Maybe when poppits have the sizes ,shapes and apexes of a system like (i'm gonna cut my own tongue off here) GO 30's, then they can lay claim to the variety of press ons we actually need.
EG: if one shape tip was sufficient (with a predetermined apex), why does every nail company have a variety of tips?

Many products have been originally slated (well-less tips come to mind, as well as GO 30's tips), then there has been a turn around, that's progress, change of opinion and change of mind, which is of course allowed (they all have their place in the market)

hey nailzoo,
i dont know what GO 30's are, can you explain please.

Have Been Trying For Ages To Get Popits, Can You Tell Me Where Or How???

Have Been Trying For Ages To Get Popits, Can You Tell Me Where Or How???

Sweet Squared or subs of: Ring 0845 210 60 60 if you are in the UK.

Latest posts

Back