My Gelish experiment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for a nail poster for my new room and this might just be it! Do you think she would mind becoming a pin up? :D

Hilarious! She would love it, but you should wait until I get the pic uploaded of her dressed up!

aww she looks so sweet! I've seen a little bit about the gelish product, is it available in the UK?

We have landed !!
Give us a shout.

www.nailharmonyuk.com

0800 0148300 Freephone from a landline.

Look forward to chatting soon.
Regards
Nail Harmony

Oh my God I've seen it all now!!! :suprised:

Although I have to admit, they look great :D:D

Just don't tell your next client, that the client that was in before her was a Dog, or she might think YOU'RE a bitch!!!:lol::lol:

All my clients can't wait to come in and see what my dogs are dressed in and what color I have on Cheba's nails! They love it and encourage it and some want me to do their dogs too. I already make clothing for a whole host of my clients dogs!

Do you know when the Nail Harmony site UK will be live?

Thanks

I know they are working hard to get it up and running. Technology is a wonderful thing, when it works! Should be any day now, they were hoping for last weekend! ;)

OK will keep checking. Thank you. ;)

Well, I promised a lot of girls that I would report back on how I am getting on with Gelish.

I ordered my first couple of bottles from Amsterdam before the distribution was up and running in this country so had mine a few days earlier than the rest. I did my nails straight away, as you do, and to be honest the second hand was much better than the first!

Problems - there were'nt any really apart from me being moron and wiping the inhibitor layer off the colour with acetone:eek::eek::eek: Once I realised that if you can soak it off with acetone then you can't wipe it with acetone!!!

Anyway completed first hand and it was ok. However! The second hand went on like a dream, no problems at all and 10 days later I have perfect nails, still shiny with no dulling on any of them. No chipping, which is amazing as my own nails are the thinest and will even bend backwards! They have ridges in them as well, due to old age I think, the Gelish covered these with no problems at all. If I do try to wear a colour on my natural nails it will only last a couple of days looking good and therefore if I am working with acetone and monomer there is just no point.

Tips for perfect application:- Apply thin coats, the first coat may look a bit streaky but the second coat will sort that out. The thin coats will cure properly without any chance of wrinkling down the sides or peeling from the natural nail, curing is the key to using this product. - Use a good UV lamp, I am going to get the LED UV lamp as soon as it is in stock, well worth the investment taking overall curing time from 16 minutes down to 4! The last tip would probably be to make sure that you don't get the foundation touching the skin as this could cause lifting or peeling, possibly. Oh and of course cap your free edges, although I didn't do that on a couple of my nails as they were too short and they are still fine.

I hope this helps the new Gelish users, unfortunately I cannot speak for Shellac as I haven't tried it yet due to me liking dark colours and there only being one in the range at the moment. Will maybe try it when the other colours arrive. Most people who know me on here know that I use many products, I like a bit of variety!

Whichever product brand you are using, and I do realise they are different from eachother, these new Gel Polishes are a must for any serious nail tech or manicurist. They are so easy to use and I mean really easy and they last far better than I expected them to in the respect of dulling due to the chemicals we use. Everyone should try them at least and see what you think for yourselves. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, I promised a lot of girls that I would report back on how I am getting on with Gelish.

I ordered my first couple of bottles from Amsterdam before the distribution was up and running in this country so had mine a few days earlier than the rest. I did my nails straight away, as you do, and to be honest the second hand was much better than the first!

Problems - there were'nt any really apart from me being moron and wiping the inhibitor layer off the colour with acetone:eek::eek::eek: Once I realised that if you can soak it off with acetone then you can't wipe it with acetone!!!

Anyway completed first hand and it was ok. However! The second hand went on like a dream, no problems at all and 10 days later I have perfect nails, still shiny with no dulling on any of them. No chipping, which is amazing as my own nails are the thinest and will even bend backwards! They have ridges in them as well, due to old age I think, the Gelish covered these with no problems at all. If I do try to wear a colour on my natural nails it will only last a couple of days looking good and therefore if I am working with acetone and monomer there is just no point.

Tips for perfect application:- Apply thin coats, the first coat may look a bit streaky but the second coat will sort that out. The thin coats will cure properly without any chance of wrinkling down the sides or peeling from the natural nail, curing is the key to using this product. - Use a good UV lamp, I am going to get the LED UV lamp as soon as it is in stock, well worth the investment taking overall curing time from 16 minutes down to 4! The last tip would probably be to make sure that you don't get the foundation touching the skin as this could cause lifting or peeling, possibly. Oh and of course cap your free edges, although I didn't do that on a couple of my nails as they were too short and they are still fine.

I hope this helps the new Gelish users, unfortunately I cannot speak for Shellac as I haven't tried it yet due to me liking dark colours and there only being one in the range at the moment. Will maybe try it when the other colours arrive. Most people who know me on here know that I use many products, I like a bit of variety!

Whichever product brand you are using, and I do realise they are different from eachother, these new Gel Polishes are a must for any serious nail tech or manicurist. They are so easy to use and I mean really easy and they last far better than I expected them to in the respect of dulling due to the chemicals we use. Everyone should try them at least and see what you think for yourselves. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats great. Always nice to get an unbiased opinion on anything new out there. Its great to here from those who are using it! Now...... all i need to do is sell the kids on ebay and buy some!!! :lol:

The LED lamp sounds really special. Time is money afterall!! Anything that can save you an extra 12 mins is always going to be worth a little investment! xxx

The Gelish that I put on my dog is still there and just starting to wear on the undersides, but I am going to have to change it--because her nails need trimmed.

The Gelish that I put on my dog is still there and just starting to wear on the undersides, but I am going to have to change it--because her nails need trimmed.

How many colours do you have there now? I will have to start cutting back on luxuries like food soon to be able to keep up! :D

There are now 48 colors, but I am moving slow and only have 12.

Does this system have it's own base and top coat. I wouldn't mind trying one but I am still in the early stages of trying Shellac and would not want to have the expense of another base and top coat just to try one colour. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure shellac is perfect for my needs but the gelish colour choice is tempting!

Yes it does have the foundation coat and top coat. I know that Shellac have new colours coming out later this year, Samantha told me earlier this week! Something to look forward to!! ;)

There are now 48 colors, but I am moving slow and only have 12.

I have 6 now but I only like the darker and deeper colours, I have never been a fan of pale nail colours and my clients have followed suit.

Oh by the way am going to see if I can have the poster done this weekend, I have had a few family issues on my husbands side the last week or so and have not had the time! :D

That's great to know thanks for taking the time to post xxxxx

I have invested in Shellac and it is fantastic.

I did take your advice and email Dennis a few weeks ago after having had no response for months of trying to get info, and I would like to thank you dennis replied immediately and the information I had requested was sent immediately and then shortly after the info came from Nail Harmony UK in a timely and professional manner so I am really hoping they do well.

thanks again for your help xxxxxx

Does this system have it's own base and top coat. I wouldn't mind trying one but I am still in the early stages of trying Shellac and would not want to have the expense of another base and top coat just to try one colour. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure shellac is perfect for my needs but the gelish colour choice is tempting!

Have patience lol .. your colour choice will expand soon and in the meantime clients will like what you have. I have not had one client who has not found a colour/s that they love in the range .. small as it is just now. The anticipation of new colours to come will only excite your clients more and give them something to look forward to. It isn't necessarily a good thing to have everything at once!!! I tell my grand children this all the time. lol

That's great to know thanks for taking the time to post xxxxx

I have invested in Shellac and it is fantastic.

I did take your advice and email Dennis a few weeks ago after having had no response for months of trying to get info, and I would like to thank you dennis replied immediately and the information I had requested was sent immediately and then shortly after the info came from Nail Harmony UK in a timely and professional manner so I am really hoping they do well.

thanks again for your help xxxxxx

Glad you got yourself sorted and are enjoying Shellac. I think we are all very excited at the moment. As Gigi says the new colours will come and it is almost as good waiting in anticipation for them! Clients can only wear one colour at a time anyway! :D

I am going to be changing Cheba out to the Good Gossip Red to go with her red/pink dress this week--I'll send you a pic.

replied to wrong message.sorry guys.

Latest posts

Back