My local NSS !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
I was totally shocked today to see my local NSS has a half page ad in the local press advertising that they are THE nail porofessionals !!!! and offering 10% off all nails before xmas ! I just feel really peeved as I spend a lot of my working day telling people how the are SO NOT PROFESSIONAL ! now they are advertising they are ! (Wish I could afford half a page ad to tell the truth !)

poor you hun....but dont be disopointed....all these people that will go to NSS PROFESSIONAL,S :lol::lol::lol: (lol)will be coming to you for you to do your magic on there nail,s.....stick to your gun,s you will be getting call,s hun xxx

I personally think that the sooner they bring in some kind of law regarding nail salons the better at least then the real professsionals would stand a fair chance!

It's disheartening.

I just wrote in another thread how a client of mine went to an NSS and they used a tip to remove her gel! :eek:And the tech used her own fingernail to do cuticle work.

My client was commenting more that it was different from what I do, not that she was horrified!

It's disheartening.

I just wrote in another thread how a client of mine went to an NSS and they used a tip to remove her gel! :eek:And the tech used her own fingernail to do cuticle work.

My client was commenting more that it was different from what I do, not that she was horrified!
i am lucky as in there are no nss near us....but the story,s i have heard on here are bed im still in shock by some of them :eek::eek::eek:xxx

You know, just a quick thought...I NEVER tell anyone how unprofessional this place or that place is. They'll just think its sour grapes if I do!

What I do do, is educate people on what is correct practice and then let them form their own opinions! Far better for them to realise it themselves than just be told 'that place down the road is rubbish!'

Let your work speak for it self....if the local NSS wants to waste it's money advertising, let them. There will always be people that want to go there and get a set banged on in 30 minutes with no thought or regard to health and sanitation. Let them! They wouldn't look after the nails you did for them anyway. Spend your time focussing on winning those clients who appreciate their nails and the work you put into them.

Its not easy, but then nothing in this life worth having ever is....and its definetely more rewarding to sit back and quietly take the moral high ground than upset yourself worrying about it.

You know, just a quick thought...I NEVER tell anyone how unprofessional this place or that place is. They'll just think its sour grapes if I do!

What I do do, is educate people on what is correct practice and then let them form their own opinions! Far better for them to realise it themselves than just be told 'that place down the road is rubbish!'

Let your work speak for it self....if the local NSS wants to waste it's money advertising, let them. There will always be people that want to go there and get a set banged on in 30 minutes with no thought or regard to health and sanitation. Let them! They wouldn't look after the nails you did for them anyway. Spend your time focussing on winning those clients who appreciate their nails and the work you put into them.

Its not easy, but then nothing in this life worth having ever is....and its definetely more rewarding to sit back and quietly take the moral high ground than upset yourself worrying about it.

I agree. The type of clients you really want will respect you for this approach. Otherwise it does sound unprofessional.... no matter how angry those places makes us - best to keep the critiques between the professionals!

I couldn't agree more.

I agree, as guaranteed what you give out, comes back one way or other.

How disguisting using her nails on cuticles?

Unfortunately the vast majority of nail clients in my neck of the woods couldn't care less what their natural nail is like, so long as the end result, looks great, (from their uneducated point of view) stays put and only costs them £20 a set. They might comment on the ring of fire, but more and more places use opac powder and yes they might be using mma but if you don't mind washing down a couple of 'e's' on a saturday night with your pint of beer you really aren't going to care if the stuff going on your nails might lead to cancer in 20 years time.:irked:

business cant be very good for them if they need to offer 10% off for christmas. that should be the time of year when clients are banging down their doors if they were any good. i want to earn more at christmas, not less:confused:

Hey hun,

I see you are in Bedford, well I'm in Luton, and I can gladly say that our NSS keep themselves out of the local press! thank god!

Doesn't stop people going there though :irked::irked:

Are they based in the high street? Or anywhere near you? I personally would get some flyers together, mma fact sheets, offer the same discount and get out there on the high street handing out YOUR leaflets! :green::green: Fight fire with fire chick! Your 1 million times better than they will ever be! Let it be known!

I actually have 3 clients from Bedford myself, so I know there are people there that hate the NSS!!! HISSSS!

xxx

I know this is a little off subject but can you believe a client who has previously only been to a NSS actually asked me to cut off her hyponichium with my cuticle nippers because she didn't like the look of it. Apparently every time she had had her nails done before they had used the E-file to take off the thick dry bits. I explained to her that the reason her hyponichium looked so bad was because a) she is a nail biter b) it has been repeatedly damaged because every time they cut it off it will have grown back thicker to protect itself and c) she should be using a good hand cream and solar oil and they wouldn't look half as bad if they were properly moisturised. But whether she will take my advice........ :smack:

I wish I could afford to do nails for the same price as the local NSS but they are currently £20 with another 10% off !! I Actually have 3 in Bedford but the one who advertised is by far the worst. When I started out they were always packed out but when I pass by lately they dont seem to busy !

I wish I could afford to do nails for the same price as the local NSS but they are currently £20 with another 10% off !! I Actually have 3 in Bedford but the one who advertised is by far the worst. When I started out they were always packed out but when I pass by lately they dont seem to busy !

That can only be a good thing then hun! :)

I meant offer the *same discount* not the same price :green: people who generally dont read leaflets and just skim will see the same offer then! Trickery of the eye! But no prices on leaflets! Make them ring to enquire, then they will see that you know what you are talking about! x

Latest posts

Back