My New Toy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I've just had a look and I'm still not sure how you "stamp" it on your nails.... Sorry if this sounds thick !

The nail is curved (i.e. not a flat surface) so how do you manage to get the stamp nicely across the nail ???

nik said:
i got mine from www.training4beauty.co.uk very helpful and quick. it says to only use the special polishes they sell for the kit as it has to be quite thick. i havn't tried paints tho!

Just ordered mine - what a lovely company to deal with - extremely helpful. Can't wait for the postman to drop it through my letterbox now!!!!

River said:
Just had a look at the demo video on http://www.nailart.com.au and it all makes perfect sense to me now !!! :D

Yes it looks quite easy - Roll on next week when my kit comes :biggrin:

Hi,

I've just ordered mine off of ebay the absolute nail shop have an ebay shop, they have got 26 available on buy it now for 22.99 + 2.50 p+p so i just paid out of my paypal account which is easier for me. It has 4 polishes red , blue, white, yellow - 3 design plates, a stamp thingy and a scraper. I cant wait to get it!

let me know how you go when your kits arrive and what you think!!

Have fun!

Have fun!

Will do hun!

by the way i had a look at your website it looks fab! Very professional!
Do you fancy swapping links with mine?

Toodles,

I got mine over the weekend and was having great fun with it !

It's really easy to use, however, I had one major problem. Whenever I put a topcoat on, the design smears. I waited until the design was completely dry, only pulled the brush over twice, but it made no difference.

Any advice on this bec ?????

River

River said:
I got mine over the weekend and was having great fun with it !

It's really easy to use, however, I had one major problem. Whenever I put a topcoat on, the design smears. I waited until the design was completely dry, only pulled the brush over twice, but it made no difference.

Any advice on this bec ?????

River

HMMMMM.........i have had this happen once or twice. I havent been using top coat latley, i have been using gel, and the gel is not smearing the stamp. Try doing one soft, medium cover of clear polish. Perhaps your polish is not drying quick enough??? Does the design smear instantly or does it take a little while to smear???? Or try using gel to finish it.

Jinxx said:

Have fun!

Will do hun!

by the way i had a look at your website it looks fab! Very professional!
Do you fancy swapping links with mine?

Toodles,

I would love to swap links!!!!:D I already have yours on my site, but i just checked it and i have your URL wrong.(im hopeless!!!!) I will go and fix it now. XXOO

Hi Bec,

No, it smears instantly eventhough I let the design dry completely ! I don't use gel :sad:

I found that if you left the design without a top coat, with the normal handling of your nails, the design scratches and doesn't look so good after a day or two...

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi

Thats what I saw at excel and never bought, so planning to get on web this week.
post down page about it was me could not remember name.
got it now
C*

HMM..bugger bum!!! Have you tried using a different brand of clear nail polish???

River said:
Hi Bec,

No, it smears instantly eventhough I let the design dry completely ! I don't use gel :sad:

I found that if you left the design without a top coat, with the normal handling of your nails, the design scratches and doesn't look so good after a day or two...

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

i'm off to olympia tomorrow - which company am i looking for there who sells the stamping kit? any ideas! Thanks

Ive got one too . . . . . and just love it! I find freehand stuff bit difficult so its just perfect. Would advise anyone to give it a try :)

Hi Bec,

I have tried their own brand base and top coat (came with the kit), as well as my own top coat. Neither make any difference, it keeps smearing !!!

River

bugger! bugger! tripple bugger!!! Im stumped!!! My advice now is....see if you can get onto the company and have a chat to them.....see what they think. If you do, let me know what they say, i'd be interested to know. xxoo

hi ya, i tried this kit out at the geek meeting last night and it was fab, we did find that if you applied the design and then applied top coat it smeared, but we tried another hand with base coat first then the design then top coat and that seemed to make a difference x

Hi,

Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've tried it with the basecoat as well, but it still smears :cry:

River said:
Hi,

Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've tried it with the basecoat as well, but it still smears :cry:

I cant remember what Dilek said (she is queen at doing the stamping!) but she something like its not a pull motion as if you were applying polish as this seems to smear it but more a gentle movement over the top like blobbling the top coat cant quite remember now sorry! i know we tried mine with top coat and Pauline @ Fn without top coat to see if it still lasts x

Latest posts

Back