My New Toy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
~bec~ said:
Hello Hello!!!

I have a new toy, it is a nail stamping kit, made by Konad. Very fun. Here is an example of what i have donw with it.......

http://www.naileuphoria.com/gallery_stamp.html

kisses and Hugs.
Hi i loved your nail art and would like the address of the place that you got the nail stamper from.
I have just got into the nail art and i am always looking for new kits,and new ideas have just been on your web sit and the nail art is fab.
please if you have any tips or ideas for someone just getting into it it would be reallly great.

River said:
Hi,

Maybe I'm just being stupid, but I've tried it with the basecoat as well, but it still smears :cry:

well if your stupid river then i am too....i am getting the same problem....did we get a solution to this....?

I'm getting the same problem with the top-coat smearing. The only solution I've found so far is just to try and wait a few hours before doing it - but not exactly any good for a client! My next test will be to see if you can use a fast dry spray or drops on it, leave for a minute or two, then wipe off the residue from that, and topcoat. The only thing I can think of is to then give away an ickle bottle of topcoat (or include it in the nail art price) to get them to topcoat it when they go home, but it doesn't seem very professional.

On a plus side I've been able to get it to work with normal nail polishes. I found that as long as you use a good quality, quite heavily pigmented colour (so no sheer shades) and blob or dot the polish over the image wheel so it fills in the design, rather than just sweeping the polish over it, it WILL work. I've used a couple of Nicole and Orly colours so far to good effect.

Hi,

No, I haven't found the solution to this. I went to go see KJT Beauty Supplies (I bought the stamper from them) at British Beauty to see if they could clarify the problem for me, but they basically brushed me off.

So yes, you've got a great product that's really easy to use, but you can't use it on clients as you can't get the topcoat to work .......

If anybody finds a miracle solution to this, PLEASE let me know !!

River

I had smearing too when I used this kit... now when I apply my top coat, I 'blob' my coat lightly over the design then gently coat the rest of the nail, then when almost done, gently go over the blob to smooth out... seems to work so far!

Hi Jen,

I've basically given up on this ! I've tried the "blobbing" thing but found that the top coat is far to bulky then and takes forever to dry (and doesn't look professional).

When I try to put a smaller "blob" on it simply just smears again. It's a real shame as I think it's a wonderful piece of kit, makes "nail art" really easy and it's fab to use, but at this rate, I won't be able to use it on clients.

An idea I have been toying with but haven't had the chance to try, is to use normal main stream nail varnish (and not the one's supplied with the kit) and see if that makes any difference.

Ana and I have exactly the same kit and I called the manufacturer because of the smearing....they told me that you should be blobbing it on and they haven't had a problem with it before, which I find hard to belive looking at how many other people have the same problem. They told me to let it dry for longer...how long have we got??

When we bought the kit at Olympia earlier in the year, the importer was there at the show and she said to us while we were buying it that recently they had used another manufacturers top coat and laughed as they saw the design slow desintegrating, so we must only use their top coat...funny that she mentioned that and the original top coat does it as well.

If I still have her email address-the importer lives in Spain-I might tell her about the problem and see what she says about it.

Can you let me know if anyone else has had a problem with the top coat. Other than that it is a superb kit, and we have no other probs with it at all.

Let me know guys.

Simon.

I use normal nail polish with my kit (Orly, OPI and Nicole) and it works just as well as their expensive polish, but still smears when I topcoat :(

I just don't get it, how can such a tiny amount of polish take so long to dry?!?

The only topcoat I have got to work, and I'm not sure if that was just fluke, was the IBD UV dry topcoat. Other topcoats have worked fine but only after about 3 hours drying time :irked:

Hi Simon,

I think that's a good idea, you can definately put my name on the list !

However, I'm not sure if it would make any difference though, as I spoke to them at British Beauty and I got brushed off....

Like I've said before, I used their topcoat which was supplied with the kit, kept getting smears. Then tried various other topcoats, kept getting smears.

It really is a very nice kit to use, except for all this smearing ! I don't like the blobbing technique as it really looks awful (floods the cuticle etc). I also don't agree with having to wait for 3 hrs + to put topcoat on. Can you imagine the clients face if I had to say "Oh, we just need to wait for 3 hrs before I can put the topcoat on".

Keep us posted !

River

Dont mean to be rude here... but how can it be 'superb ' if it doesnt work!
A student in class showed me some of her designs the other day and they were so basic... she could have done them with a dotter and a striper brush... and no artistic ability!
She is also getting the smearing prob and so are her friends apparently!
If I hear of anyone getting any success with top coats ... Ill be sure to post it.
Good luck guys!

Hi,

No offence taken !

Yes, the designs aren't mind blowing, but for us less "talented / artistic geeks", it does the job ......... untill I can afford to go on an airbrushing course :)

The stamper is also good for kids parties if you don't want to invest too much money. At least with kids you don't have to worry about the topcoat !!

River

hello guys, sorry to hear so many of you are having the smearing problem. this must be so frustrating and annoying!!!! im using Bio Sculptures top coat......if you can get a hold of some, give that a try. My deepest best wishes.

Ive had lot of success with Orly Top Coat over my designs, and that hasnt smudged! . . . . so far, lol :eek:

Hi there.Since I've got the stamping kit I am using it all the time but some times I have the top coat prob.I think the prob is not the name of the top coat only applying of top coat. u gotta apply top coat very gentle way like working with the gel overlay(feather touch) when u touch the desing thats it don't go over and over again.If u put one blob on the design leave it there it will go to over the desing without brushing it .Hoping I explained what I do about top coats.I found nail stamping kit is an alternative way to airbrush if u work mobile u don't have to carry another bag.Good luck 2 everyone... XXX

Hi,

I ve just put one of these kits on geekbay if anyones interested. It was ok but i prefer freehand to be honest.

I tried this kit at one of the geek meetings after a bit of practise with it i got the hang of it (but Dilek is superb makes it look so easy lol).

we all had the same problem with the top coat, i left hand without it and it was fine and lasted for over two weeks, the other hand i left till the next day and the top coat still smudged although i did find that northern lights wasnt so bad but maybe thats because of the glitter content it hides the smudges.
x

I know this is an old thread and i apologize for bring it up, but, I have just recently bought the stamping kit and i love it! I understand the prob with the smearing, i had it also, so i just started using my regular nail polish and have had brilliant results. To keep the design looking good i have used IBD Intense seal over the top :D

I would love more of the image plates, The cheapest i have seen are $8 AU each on Ebay. Has anyone seen them for cheaper than that?

Thanks for your help :)

Wanda.

hey! i found the plates on ebay at $8 the cheapest. they were even cheaper than buying them from the sydney beauty expo. when i bought them on ebay the seller gave me a 15% discount if you buy more than 5 plates . after seeing them at the expo, i just had to have them! havent had too much of a problem with smearing. just gotta make sure you don't drag the brush over the design.

If anyone has any of the image plates that they aren't happy with or just don't want anymore, PM me?

Latest posts

Back