My pierced ears have ripped does anyone know what can be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbell85

Reaction score
Hey all firstly i would like to say hello as this is the first time i hav e posted on here.

Iv had my ears pierced since i was a baby and when i was in my teens i wore heavy earrings which have left my ears to rip halfway down. I have always left diamond stud earrings in them to hide the ripps as i really hate them and there getting me down.

I have googled it and some people say to leave the earrings out and they may close whist others say that i may need to have them stitched up.
I called holly house and they said that it would cost me £1110 which i thought was pretty steep.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do about it?

I look forward to hearing your replys xx

Last edited:
Maybe you could ask your g.p.
A lot of local surgeries perform minor surgery and although I doubt it would be free, but it may well come in a lot cheaper than the price you have from the other place.

Thanks anglefingers. I have called the GP and wads told i would need to be referred to a surgeon but like you said it will prob be cheaper through them so il give that a go.
Thanks for your advice. x

Its particularly difficult because there is no active surface blood supply its a bit like holding your fingers together for months they are not going to join together its expensive because its the sort of work a plastic surgeon has to do.

Minor surgery is removal of lesions etc not sewing up ripped ears. You won't unfortunately get NHS funding for this as it is not detrimental to your health physically or emotionally and it is self inflicted I'm sorry to say.

If you can pay for it private then yes they can incise the scar and sew it up otherwise you will have to survivie with it the way that it is.

thanks again for your replies. I no this is a bit of an old post now but iv been away. I have been to my GP and they are going to refer me to someone.

I dont mind paying i just thought it was alot as a friend of mine just had them glued of sewn when they were younger.

I do agree though that they charge a certain amount as they could be spending this money on life saving procedures.

Latest posts

Back