My Second Set Of Gels!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks hun i find it so much harder than l&p but i really want to start competing in other areas!!

Brisa is a much thicker gel than bio or calgel, which are self leveling gels, with brisa you have much more time to work the gel and yes you can hold the hand upside down for a few seconds you can also cure the white for ten secs, give it a pinch and then finish the cure time, not sure how much difference that makes I have not really tried it, but Amanda fonterossa showed it to me on my masters.

One of the geeks is a gel comp first place winner and she lives in caddington near dunstable, so not far from you, I asked if I could go and have set with her to watch her application, but then decided against competing in gel. Pink Flush is her geek name, her actual name is Nina Tomb, she is really nice and I am sure could give you more pointers than us.

I think they are beautiful..... In a year of being able to do gel I've come nowhere near anything like these.....!!

You're doing great IMO :hug:

Brisa is a much thicker gel than bio or calgel, which are self leveling gels, with brisa you have much more time to work the gel and yes you can hold the hand upside down for a few seconds you can also cure the white for ten secs, give it a pinch and then finish the cure time, not sure how much difference that makes I have not really tried it, but Amanda fonterossa showed it to me on my masters.

One of the geeks is a gel comp first place winner and she lives in caddington near dunstable, so not far from you, I asked if I could go and have set with her to watch her application, but then decided against competing in gel. Pink Flush is her geek name, her actual name is Nina Tomb, she is really nice and I am sure could give you more pointers than us.

Thanks jac it all becomes clear, i still find it hard to buil up the appex lol

Thank you every one for your lovely comments if everyone has anymore please do add i need all the help and tips i can get lol

These are lovely! I saw your first set but did not comment, although I thought those were fantastic too. Well done. You should be well proud. Pretty near to perfect IMHO :hug:. xx

These are lovely! I saw your first set but did not comment, although I thought those were fantastic too. Well done. You should be well proud. Pretty near to perfect IMHO :hug:. xx

Thanks so much hun glad you liked them i tink i need alittle mor practise befor they are perfect especially if i'm gonna compete next to tricky xx

very nice:hug:

much slimmer/sleeker much more (i would think) what you're looking for for 'comp nails' as has been said.

Not sure if they'd be very durable - but time and experience will tell with that one., i'd be interested in your feedback how they last compared to l+p. (strength wise)

good job hun !

Amb x

very nice:hug:

much slimmer/sleeker much more (i would think) what you're looking for for 'comp nails' as has been said.

Not sure if they'd be very durable - but time and experience will tell with that one., i'd be interested in your feedback how they last compared to l+p. (strength wise)

good job hun !

Amb x

Yeah i agree thats why i thought i do one hand of mine own with the gel so i have odd hands lol mainly cos its too fiddley with the gel left handed!!

I've been very surprise so far its only been a couple of days but i think every time i've knocked one just slightly my first reaction is i've broken it, because we are told they are the weakiest system!! where as with acrylic i don't have that worry as i know they are strong. does that make sense???

so i will give you all an update at the end of the week!!:green:

They are B E A T U I F U L good job

thanks becca xx:hug:xx

They look beautiful kirsty xx
the thumb in the 3rd pic looks perfect I'm drooling lol xx

you've done a really great job, you've inspired me to get my brisa out and have a play xx

They are looking hot and thats only your second set.... well done you xxx

Thanks hun,

I had another go today just on my thumb will post a picxx

damn girl - why do you have to be so good! :cry::cry:

Hi hun,

I also do my own nails but cannot get the smile lines perfect on my own nails any ideas what did you use for yours as they are perfect. I also use gel, i do have an airbrush but find it difficult to use on myself. :cry:

Hi Kirsty.

I love the general form (the outline from the top view) and your smiles are lovely lovely

I do not like the view from the side. No lower arch at all and very unnatural looking and top heavy with the free edge coming out very straight and agressive-looking.

You know me, I like the natural look. :lol:

Hi hun thanks for you comment i haven't been practising as i'm busy getting ready for comp but i will get back into it straight after rhanks so much xx

these are tips hun i haven't tried scuplt yet thought i'd practise this first and then move on to that as i'm abit nervous about sculpting with gel cos i cant control the product to well lol

i think they look longer in the pics tricky than they actually are they are shorter than the ones you did at the masers hun i will show you tuesday so you can see properly xxx

They look really suuuuuper nice for a second set :eek: Very very nice girl *thumbs up*

But i have to say that i thought that they were sculpts and started to feel intimidated since the smile was so crisp and it was your second :lol:. When i do gel i never get the smile line to look as sharp as when i would do it with l&p. Moste white gels are to runny, i like it when they are a bit thicker in consistency so they stay in place.

i think they look really lovely.well done.a little sharp around the edge but apart from that.super.

They are indeed fantastic..

I have been looking into starting a Gel course, even though i'm really happy with L&p, just feel I should be able to offer both.

Would you mind telling me which Gel is best for beginners?

Latest posts

Back