My Vinylux Trial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonnaydf

Reaction score
I was able to get my hands on a bottle of Asphalt Vinylux the other day. It was the only color Cosmoprof had, so I scooped it up. Asphalt is not my first choice of color, but I couldn't help myself. I love to wear Shellac, Gelish and Gelcolor, but after about 3-4 days, I get tired of the color and need a change. I have 4 children, so redoing my nails every 3-4 days isn't possible. With Vinlylux, I can change my color every 3-4 days without dragging out my equipment, waiting for my CND lamp to shut off, and my kids interrupting me. Applying it was quick and easy, and it truly was dry in 8.5 minutes. I'm very rough on my nails, so lets see if it holds up for 7 days without chipping. If it does for at least 3-4 days, then Vinylux will be my new nail polish. I applied 2 coats of color followed by a coat of Vinylux top coat. I added a couple pops of color just to make it fun.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366952524.208005.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366952524.208005.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 4,498
Can I ask what the brush is like. Is it similar to the shellac brush and is it thin like the colour and affects ones. Thanks

Better pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366953280.204141.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366953280.204141.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 825
Can I ask what the brush is like. Is it similar to the shellac brush and is it thin like the colour and affects ones. Thanks

The brush is good. I don't use the Colour and Effects polish, only OPI or Essie. The brush is comparable to Shellac but its thicker. When applying the color, you have to use a generous amount of polish. I was applying it very thinly and getting streaks, so I just applied it like I would regular polish. "Thin to win" has been embedded in my mind, so that is how I applied it. It's nail polish not gel polish, that was my aha moment:)

The brush is good. I don't use the Colour and Effects polish, only OPI or Essie. The brush is comparable to Shellac but its thicker. When applying the color, you have to use a generous amount of polish. I was applying it very thinly and getting streaks, so I just applied it like I would regular polish. "Thin to win" has been embedded in my mind, so that is how I applied it. It's nail polish not gel polish, that was my aha moment:)

Exactly.

You need to load the brush with the right amount of VINYLUX to do the whole nail. Then get it on accurately, efficiently and quickly.

Nice generous top coat.

If the first coat looks a little streaky, the second coat will give the colour opacity.

7 days today for me with the colour 'regally Yours' and not a chip in sight. That is the most impressive performance I have ever seen from a polish in 35 years of doing my nails, and they feel stronger as the week has gone on.

I really need to attend the EVENT with this week old polish to show more than 300 attendees the results! Should I or shouldn't I that is the question?

Exactly.

You need to load the brush with the right amount of VINYLUX to do the whole nail. Then get it on accurately, efficiently and quickly.

Nice generous top coat.

If the first coat looks a little streaky, the second coat will give the colour opacity.

7 days today for me with the colour 'regally Yours' and not a chip in sight. That is the most impressive performance I have ever seen from a polish in 35 years of doing my nails, and they feel stronger as the week has gone on.

I really need to attend the EVENT with this week old polish to show more than 300 attendees the results! Should I or shouldn't I that is the question?

Even though I am not going to The Event, if I was, I would love to see what it looks like on so yes Gigi, you should! I am sure everyone will want to see them. God I'm even more jealous I'm not going now! Xx

Exactly.

Nice generous top coat.

Well at least yours are painted and not plain naked ugly like ours.:cry:.
Yes please do wear it so we can see how it stands up .:)

Even though I am not going to The Event, if I was, I would love to see what it looks like on so yes Gigi, you should! I am sure everyone will want to see them. God I'm even more jealous I'm not going now! Xx
I'm torn between having them all nice and new or just leaving them as they are so people can see. They still look perfect but there is now re-growth showing, which is only slight but it will be 8/9 days old when they see them and one part says my nails should always look perfect for events like this. Hmmmmmmmm!

Exactly.

Nice generous top coat.

Yes please do xx

Well at least yours are painted and not plain naked ugly like ours.:cry:.
Yes please do wear it so we can see how it stands up .:)
OK. ... I will.

Exactly.

Nice generous top coat.

yes please keep it on for the event!! x

I'm torn between having them all nice and new or just leaving them as they are so people can see. They still look perfect but there is now re-growth showing, which is only slight but it will be 8/9 days old when they see them and one part says my nails should always look perfect for events like this. Hmmmmmmmm!

Could you do one hand nice and freshly applied and leave the other one untouched, nothing better than a direct comparison. Not sure if you could do it, it might feel 'wrong' :lol:

I was able to get my hands on a bottle of Asphalt Vinylux the other day. It was the only color Cosmoprof had, so I scooped it up. Asphalt is not my first choice of color, but I couldn't help myself. I love to wear Shellac, Gelish and Gelcolor, but after about 3-4 days, I get tired of the color and need a change. I have 4 children, so redoing my nails every 3-4 days isn't possible. With Vinlylux, I can change my color every 3-4 days without dragging out my equipment, waiting for my CND lamp to shut off, and my kids interrupting me. Applying it was quick and easy, and it truly was dry in 8.5 minutes. I'm very rough on my nails, so lets see if it holds up for 7 days without chipping. If it does for at least 3-4 days, then Vinylux will be my new nail polish. I applied 2 coats of color followed by a coat of Vinylux top coat. I added a couple pops of color just to make it fun.

Ooh big humongous like :)

Can this product be applied after a manicure soak etc or would it have to be a dry application like the pro polish/gel polishes?x

Exactly.

Nice generous top coat.

Yes Gigi you should.:)
Can't wait to see you again by the way. Can't wait to meet Sam and Samantha also and everyone else. Haha can you tell I'm excited. X

Can this product be applied after a manicure soak etc or would it have to be a dry application like the pro polish/gel polishes?x

I think anything at all applied to the nails is longer lasting if the nails have not been soaked for too long first. No more than a couple of minutes and then allowed to dry for at least 5 minutes first. And I would oil the nails well before soaking them too to help repel water absorption.

Geeg, let's see a pic :)

Man, I am SOOOOO jealous right now. I miss out meeting the Sweets, Gigi, Holly and the others. :( going to cry in a corner and look like a weirdo lol :cry:

I am NOT missing out on the next one that's for sure.

Hands only I'm the same I'm not missing the next one that's for sure!!!im going to be in a sulk!!! All wkend x

Me 3 wish I could have gone and really wish I could have seen your nails Gigi! I will definitely be at the next one. I'm not sure I can wait 2-3 years though lol. Some alcohol and lots of comfort food to cheer me up this weekend I think.

Xx

Latest posts

Back