My Vinylux Trial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me 4, I've only just started with cnd/ss and I'm defiantly on for the next one. I still hope everyone has a fantastic time ( I know they will) x

It's been a day since I applied Vinylux. The only imperfection I have is on my right index finger. It's a teeny tiny chip, probably unnoticeable to anyone but me. Now, this could be because I didn't completely brush over the free edge, I'm right handed and it's a little awkward. All my other nails still look good. I'm already tempted to change my color as I was able to get the pack of 4 pinkies in the new summer colors. The first photo is of my left hand, 2nd is right.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367024611.455472.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367024611.455472.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 781
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367024626.411246.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367024626.411246.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 768
It's been a day since I applied Vinylux. The only imperfection I have is on my right index finger. It's a teeny tiny chip, probably unnoticeable to anyone but me. Now, this could be because I didn't completely brush over the free edge, I'm right handed and it's a little awkward. All my other nails still look good. I'm already tempted to change my color as I was able to get the pack of 4 pinkies in the new summer colors. The first photo is of my left hand, 2nd is right.

What happened to your shine? Mine look like a mirror! Did you use the VINYLUX top coat?
I have now painted hundreds of nails with VINYLUX and I have never seen a dull finish like your nails show.

I thought they looked kinda dull too. Yes, I used the Vinylux top coat, but I also used Solar Oil soon after. Maybe that's why they're dull? You all have fun at The Event, I'm jealous!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Day 2: I do have some wear on my right thumb and index fingers across the free edge because I removed nail polish without using a plastic backed pad, so the wear is my fault. As Geeg pointed out earlier, my nails look dull. I attribute this is to applying Solar Oil soon after applying the Vinylux top coat. I'm pretty sure my nails weren't dry before I did this. Hopefully, this is the reason for them being dull.

First image is right hand, second is left

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367118073.888656.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367118073.888656.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 486
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367118098.012060.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367118098.012060.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 495
I use Solar Oil too after polishing and my surface is OK but I can't tell you how long after application it was .. Maybe 9 or 20 minutes .. But the Vinalux was dry. :)

Day 3: Vinylux still looks the same as yesterday. No chips, peeling etc other than the wear from yesterday's polish removal. I am convinced that Vinylux is a 7 day polish. I've done dishes several times (despite having a dishwasher), folded laundry, cleaned bathrooms and scrubbed my kitchen without a single chip! I'm very excited that it has held up for 3 days, but I'm just completely tired of the color...already. I'm going to remove it and apply a different color, either Pink Bikini or Lobster Roll. This time, I'll wait a while before applying Solar Oil.

Day 3: Vinylux still looks the same as yesterday. No chips, peeling etc other than the wear from yesterday's polish removal. I am convinced that Vinylux is a 7 day polish. I've done dishes several times (despite having a dishwasher), folded laundry, cleaned bathrooms and scrubbed my kitchen without a single chip! I'm very excited that it has held up for 3 days, but I'm just completely tired of the color...already. I'm going to remove it and apply a different color, either Pink Bikini or Lobster Roll. This time, I'll wait a while before applying Solar Oil.

I think doing that is proving how strong it is!!!

Vinylux in pink Bikini with holo glitter day 2

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367362185.440166.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367362185.440166.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,061
Can you use the solar oil drying spray on it?

Yes, but IMO, it's not necessary. Vinylux dries in 8.5 minutes. I timed it and went about my normal tasks without a smudge or a ding in sight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Does Vinylux add a bit of strength to the nail like Shellac does? This is my worry with it. I love my Shellac because it adds a bit of strength to my nails (amongst other reasons, of course) .

Vinylux is just a polish so it won't add strength any more than any other polish, if you need extra (I do!), then you are either a Shellac girl or there's nothing stopping you from having Vinylux over a Brisa Lite Smoothing base. Just complete your BL smoothing application including topcoat then paint the same as you would over any other enhancement.

Vinylux is just a polish so it won't add strength any more than any other polish, if you need extra (I do!), then you are either a Shellac girl or there's nothing stopping you from having Vinylux over a Brisa Lite Smoothing base. Just complete your BL smoothing application including topcoat then paint the same as you would over any other enhancement.

What about removing the Vinylux without taking off the Brisa™ Lite Smoothing - can this be done? Doesn't BL Smoothing last for three weeks? Plus maybe client wants to take advantage of changing up colours.

Thanks x

What about removing the Vinylux without taking off the Brisa™ Lite Smoothing - can this be done? Doesn't BL Smoothing last for three weeks? Plus maybe client wants to take advantage of changing up colours.

Thanks x

They remove it with the remover supplied by you, with a damp pad and they do it quickly. If they are quick removal will not affect the Smoothing or Sculpting gel ... But it is at their own risk.

They remove it with the remover supplied by you, with a damp pad and they do it quickly. If they are quick removal will not affect the Smoothing or Sculpting gel ... But it is at their own risk.

Thanks Gigi, I knew I'd read something but couldn't find it, plus was speaking to BensMis who recalled this. I'll have a play when mine arrives.

Thanks x

These look very nice, how are they holding up? x

Good, today is day 3. I have some wear just on the free edge tips, but no chips! They are still super shiny. My nails are short, but the Vinylux seems to have made them harder almost like they are when wearing Shellac. I'm officially wearing Vinylux from now on!

My nails aren't exactly flat, but neither do they have a deep C curve like my favourite type of nails do. I have noticed however, that wearing VINYLUX, after 2 days, my C curve is more curved ... I love this look. I am surmising that because the top coat becomes harder with exposure to the visible light, that it is making my nails curve just a little bit more. :)

Hi geeks :) whats the average retail price for vinylux? Could I only purchase it from a salon? Xx

Latest posts

Back