My wax keeps sticking to my clients legs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Mill

Reaction score
Can anyone help me?

I have recently started to have trouble whilst waxing my clients legs, I am using the same products i always have done and i'm doing things the way i always have done however when i apply the wax to my clients legs then apply the wax strip, rub and pull the wax sometimes doesn't come off the leg and it takes all my might to get it off??? What am i doing wrong?

I pre-wax cleanse, talc and apply wax to the front of the leg then apply strip, rub and pull???

Am i going insane or has anyone else had this problem??

Any advice would be gratefull.

Thanks Sarah xx

Did the clients skin feel cold? This is quite often the reason it happens.

Mat

well no not really can there legs be 2 warm? as the waxing room is in a conservatory so it gets really warm?? x

What wax are you using?

Karaxxx

Could the wax be too cool? I use a roller wax system when doing legs and have had the same problem when it wasn't quite warm enough
Hth x

Sometimes that happens if the pre wax hasn't absorbed into the skin completely x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I have had this problem too, I thought it was the strips not sticking to the wax, after the wax is on the strip I can get the wax on client to stick to the wax on strip if that makes sense! Its just getting the wax to stick to the strip in the first place, only happend the last few months and I have waxed for 8 years!

Ive had the same trouble, i have tryed changing my wax, it seems to go all sticky and doesnt come off as it should ive waxed for years and not really had the problem before, it tends to stick alot at bottom of leg, above ankle (front side) and somtimes underarms and knee's . very strange as the prep is all done properly. it gets rather embarassing when u cant get the wax off your client when its causing them pain?!:irked:

I think there are a lot of rubbish waxes now.
It actually seems to be one of the things that is getting cheaper obviously to the detriment of quality.
If it sticks i'd definately try another one even if its one you have always used.
You never know if they have changed their ingredients to something cheaper.

I have found if clients and cold the wax is harder to get off, especially on ankles and feet!
Also I recently bought some strips that were only to be used on one side (one side was textured for waxing and the other was smooth for rubbing) and when you used the smooth side it didnt lift the wax at all so check your strips xx

I've had exactly the same trouble, been waxing for years but in the last couple of months its been awful. I've always used Hive honey wax, so I changed from fabric to paper strips (no difference), change pre-wax (no difference) so in desperation I've now changed the wax - its a miracle!! no sticking.

So I'd certainly try changing your wax manufacturer!

Karaxxx

Thanks everyone for your helpfull tips, i've changed my strips from fabric 2 paper and back again and i've changed the pre wax cleanser so the only thing now is the wax!!! I've always used cream wax, at the moment i use sensitive wax so that it suits all skin types, can anyone recommend a good wax 2 swap 2??? xx

I like honey wax as I can spread it really thinly and have changed from Hive to Salon Systems.

Karaxxx

I suggest have a look at where they are manufactured.

I like honey wax as I can spread it really thinly and have changed from Hive to Salon Systems.

Karaxxx

I bought some Salon System warm wax roller cartridges today (honey type variety) and I read on the side of them that they are manufactured by Hive!! They are very good by the way

Go figure...??? !!!:confused:

PB
x

Im finding this too but only really on warmer days!!! My wax is kept at a set temp never changes!! I use gigi warm wax and perron rigot hot wax and they both get a bit too sticky in the warmer weather!!

Im finding this too but only really on warmer days!!! My wax is kept at a set temp never changes!! I use gigi warm wax and perron rigot hot wax and they both get a bit too sticky in the warmer weather!!

It's best to open a window or if not use a fan with the Perron Rigot - it takes longer to set if the room is warm :)

Funny enough I am using HIVE wax too....ankles, underarms and some times eyebrows, will have to tray a different wax, just bought 3 new pots too! :irked:

It sounds like a temperature problem... Maybe the wax is too hot/cold or possibly too thick on application? x

Perron Rigot wax is FAB, the warm wax is really good and doesnt leave a residue on the skin either, I am using the Green Tea one at the moment scentsations I think it was called it comes in a big tin. Their hot wax is brilliant too, I have tried all sorts of different waxes but there is no way I am going back to the cheaper stuff now.
kx

Latest posts

Back