Nail biter problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemsnails

Reaction score
My other half gave a card to his mate.
His mates daughter wanted a set of nails done.
So 2 weeks ago i went round to her house and put a new set of pink and white acrylics on. She had absloutely awful nails - in the sense that they were REALLY bitten. I managed to adhere the tips well and balanced the white with the pink nicely considering how small her fingers were.
4 days later the dad told us that she had lost 2 of them.
I tried calling her last weekend to see what had happened. This has never happened before. I couldnt get through to her.
Her refill appointment is tommorow evening.
She has just TEXT me to cancel the appointment.
I tried calling her but she didnt answer. I think she hung up on me.

Should i text and say "I hope everything is ok, sorry you've had to cancel do you want to re book for another day?"
Or should i just leave it??

OH what a dilema, what a confidence kick.
Help ladies, what shall i do?

Hi if this has not happened before then I would not worrie about it , I would probably text and leave it at that I did a friends daughters nails just before christmas she had short bitten nails but I did and nice set for her then a week later her little brother told me she had lost two and would be around to see if I could fix them i didnt hear from her. In the end i text her mum and as if everything was ok and she text to say she lost a couple and she told her to come over to me but instead she bite them off . it happens and i think if she does not you to fix them thats her loss.

So 2 weeks ago i went round to her house and put a new set of pink and white acrylics on. She had absloutely awful nails - in the sense that they were REALLY bitten. I managed to adhere the tips well and balanced the white with the pink nicely considering how small her fingers were.
I tried calling her last weekend to see what had happened. This has never happened before. I couldnt get through to her.

Should i text and say "I hope everything is ok, sorry you've had to cancel do you want to re book for another day?"

I would just text saying "sorry you've had to cancel your appointment, if you would like to re book please call me (not text, so you can ask her about the state of her nails)"

From my own experience, this happens a lot with nail biters. Firstly, being a nail biter it is very hard to not nibble at them even when you have them done. Plus nail biters don't usually know they have their fingers in their mouth untill its too late and one has come off.

I know this as i used to be a nail biter myself, so it is personal experience from both sides. When i was a fairly new tech, i tended to get nail biters all the time, wanting their nails to look nice, but they rarely came back to me for infills as they would either have lost a few through an accident as not being used to having them, or they would've nibbled them off.

I would just put it down to experience and try not to let it damage your confidence, which i know is easier said than done. I would also recommend with nail biters that they see you about 10 days after having the first set done as they tend to grow quickly and will find it hard to cope with any length, so more likely to damage them or bite them.

I doubt its your fault, so don't blame yourself or your ability. Just leave it with them.

Don't take it to heart.

She's a biter... that says it all right there. I personally wouldn't waste time leaving a message; she left you one via text and obviously is avoiding you.
Frankfully, I find texting rude and had it disabled on my own cell phone. I also refuse to book appointments via email and will only do so via a telephone conversation.
She avoided your call, and didn't return it neither.
I don't bust my hump over rudeness shown to me and she was rude to you so I'd leave it be.

I'm going to bet she bit them off, hence why she's afraid to speak to you. The only biters that you can reform are the ones that WANT to be reformed.

Leave it be and move on. When you get a biter that WANTS to be reformed, be supportive but don't be gullible (I'm a reformed biter myself...).

Giant hugs :hug: and move on.

I've read your profile and understand you haven't much experience so taking on a nail biter is quite a big deal. Keep practising and try not to let it knock your confidence...take some more courses if you can xx
Hope the links help.
I'd text her for the sake of 10p or whatever it is and say "hope you're ok and if need another appointment give me a call x"
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/3007-perfect-preparation.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/5746-tipping-bitten-nail.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/12048-perfect-preparation-prevents-poor-performance.html

Thanks ladies, you have all been a great help. I havent been doing this long but i have been practising and have never had nails come off before.

The tutorials have been useful too thankyou.

Thanks for being my little confidence builders, i feel better about it now.
EVERYTHING is such a learning curve.

Thanks ladies. Luv ya XX

I really do not know why all nail techs don't do themselves and their clients a favour and TELL this type of client that they will VERY LIKELY have problems keeping their enhancements on. Why?
Because they will put them in their mouths
Because they will pick at them
Because they have never had nails before

I never guarantee a set on a biter .. full stop. and I tell them I won't guarantee them because of what they do to them and because their nails are in such a bad condition.

I tell them up front that there will be no comebacks on me and no question that any of the problems they may have will be my responsibility.

I ask if they still want to book their full set and they say YES. After that it is up to them and they know it is up to them because I tell them so. All done UP FRONT.

I tell them not to be embarrassed about breaking them (loosing them :rolleyes:) and to call me if they want to keep their enhancements on and healthy.

Being forthright helps you enormously both with comeback and with stress about what they are doing to the nails you have created.

I used to have a special Client record card just for nail biters to sign that they understood all these things.

I used to have a special Client record card just for nail biters to sign that they understood all these things.
What a great idea...x

Latest posts

Back