Nail Harmony advertising training on Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gems-gem's

Reaction score
Evening all- just wondering what your thoughts are on advertising training? I've just done my Gelish translation with harmony and had in mind to use all the systems.

Now I know they have always posted on the company page upcoming training dates, so if you already had an interest in harmony or already a tech then you would see the training.

This afternoon I've noticed my local educator posting a four day acrylic course on a for sale in xxxx group. Which I see to be quite a negative to be honest. This is actively recruiting the exact techs I already struggle to compete with- a vast mass advertising very cheap

Hi I'm not sure what you mean? Is it a discounted course or what?

Oops wasn't done!

Very cheap poor standard of work. Some great ones I'm sure but few and far between. To me it cheapens the brand and really feel like I don't want to be associated with a company doing its business like they need more Avon ladies. Am I over reacting?? Appreciate thoughts as I suspect my local area is about to get a boom in fusion techs- dont want to commit myself to get under cut from the get go :-(

Hi I'm not sure what you mean? Is it a discounted course or what?

Sorry in my area there are lots of groups or page you can join where people sell their second hand wares, lots of services- cheap tattoos, cheap nails, cheap tans. It's like a fb car boot. Felt it was unusual for harmony to advertise their training on a public selling page??

I know what you mean I was planning on training with nail harmony there is someone advertising near me gelish manicure £10! You only have to look at the pictures to know she's not trained properly as the cuticles are flooded & messy on most of the pictures really puts me off

Defo, doesn't have the vibe of one of the worlds best about it?! Haven't spent 8 months studying so hard to work for monkey nuts lol x

I emailed 2 educators near me a week ago one hasn't got back to me & the other did & hasn't replied after the second email, also read on here earlier about them not sending parts out for lamp repairs I'm thinking I might just save up and go with Cnd the only problem would be getting models

I don't get what the problem is here, why can't an Educator advertise her courses ?

When I was an Educator for CND courses were advertised in newspapers (social media hadnt been invented yet :eek:) and when I did training for EzFlow the courses got advertised amongst other places on Gumtree.
I don't think that devalued the training in any way, and companies will use the best means to reach prospective trainees/customers that they can.

Why would people answering this advert not want to work hard and build a business just like you have done?

Last edited:
I emailed 2 educators near me a week ago one hasn't got back to me & the other did & hasn't replied after the second email, also read on here earlier about them not sending parts out for lamp repairs I'm thinking I might just save up and go with Cnd the only problem would be getting models

It has been said many times on here, the best way to get something organised quickly is to pick up the phone and speak to the person you want.

Regarding the lamp, that was resolved and the part is being sent out to the geek concerned. I fail to see how one small issue (now resolved) can change your mind about training when there are thousands of people who have never had any problems at all.
Things can tend to get blown up out of all proportion on threads sometimes.

She advertised on Facebook so I asked & she said to email her which I did, she was on Facebook the day after telling clients to email their vat free orders too but I've heard nothing, I'm just starting out & want to make sure I pick the right brand as I don't want to pay for training & equipment to then be let down & to have to change company's

Well I see you point but I don't think CND advertising in the media can be compared to advertising course/kit costs on a tacky for sale group on social media?? I personally think it devalues it as your prospective colleagues and clients can access the very details that make our business profitable. Ie cost! There are plenty if ways to advertise and im certain in general research is done to ascertain who the target audience is and how to reach them, this group is full of the £10 acrylic nails and £8 "shellac" manicures most people work so hard to stand apart from, I wouldn't want to target my business to them If I were a harmony educator. guess it depends on where you are and where things are advertised but its not really professional advertising in my mind. Advertising on harmony uk and south west pages etc is different as you will have actively sought that information. Ive not had great experience with them myself, I have a faulty harmony lamp sat here with not much being done to rectify it despite being told it would be collected and replaced ASAP. But that's not necessarily reflective of the company, everyone has a different experience I guess. For me my trust has diminished that's why I asked for opinions- all valued to try and make decisions about whether investing in the whole brand is worth while. Always good to have a little perspective and see how others feel, thanks

I had an (non urgent) issue, was encouraged to email jan (head of education) which I did this afternoon and got a reply after 14 minutes with the info that I needed.
Thumbs up from me!

Hi,

I fail to see what the problem is regarding advertising. Is the educator in question discussing prices of individual products? If so then I would agree, I would have words and remove those posts. However, where he/she advertises surely doesn't make a difference. After all they have a business to run. And if its in a forum where people are undercharging, then all the more reason for those people to get proper training and be corrected in their way of application, aftercare and price!
If your work is of a high standard, the you will have absolutely no problems if other techs turn up doing nails nearby, even if they're cheaper. Your work speaks for itself and those unlucky enough to experience nails being done by a poor, cheap untrained nail tech will inevitable make them search for a better tech.
When I was actively working as a nail tech, my prices were double what everyone in the area charged, did I lack clientele? To the contrary, I was turning people away. My personal service and quality of work gained me clients through word of mouth and unfortunate bad experiences lead people to me.
I am however concerned about the educators who are not responding. Firstly, those who have enquiries, please check your spam/junk mail and secondly, if the replies aren't in there, please PM me their names so I can contact them.

Regarding the led lamp, offering to pick your lamp up to have it mended or replaced is the solution, I'm not sure what else we could offer here?
Please let me know what your suggestions are so I can see if I can be of any help.

I hope my post has new helpful and if I can personally help in any way, please contact me on [email protected]

Xxx

I couldn't fit a client in so she went somewhere else to get her nails done with shellac, she charged £15 for removal and reapplication, I charge £25. She camein this week and said they were absolutely awful, and she certainly won't go cheap again. Unfortunely the girl who did her nails was shellac trained.

So I wouldn't worry as long as you are doing a good job clients will return even if they are cheaper!

The thing is "I" (and other professionals) advertise on Facebook, so if that's seen as a "cheap" or "devaluing" way to advertise, then so that must apply to anyone who advertises on there.

I do however agree that if you email an educator they need to get back to you within 24hrs if poss.

I like Harmony, they've always been very helpful, not had a problem with orders etc. But with any company your gonna get cock ups etc it's how it's resolved in the main that's important.

Bless ya i do think your over thinking this one xxx:Love:

Hi,

I fail to see what the problem is regarding advertising. Is the educator in question discussing prices of individual products? If so then I would agree, I would have words and remove those posts. However, where he/she advertises surely doesn't make a difference. After all they have a business to run. And if its in a forum where people are undercharging, then all the more reason for those people to get proper training and be corrected in their way of application, aftercare and price!
If your work is of a high standard, the you will have absolutely no problems if other techs turn up doing nails nearby, even if they're cheaper. Your work speaks for itself and those unlucky enough to experience nails being done by a poor, cheap untrained nail tech will inevitable make them search for a better tech.
When I was actively working as a nail tech, my prices were double what everyone in the area charged, did I lack clientele? To the contrary, I was turning people away. My personal service and quality of work gained me clients through word of mouth and unfortunate bad experiences lead people to me.
I am however concerned about the educators who are not responding. Firstly, those who have enquiries, please check your spam/junk mail and secondly, if the replies aren't in there, please PM me their names so I can contact them.

Regarding the led lamp, offering to pick your lamp up to have it mended or replaced is the solution, I'm not sure what else we could offer here?
Please let me know what your suggestions are so I can see if I can be of any help.

I hope my post has new helpful and if I can personally help in any way, please contact me on [email protected]

Xxx

EXACTLY!
This is what I'm finding.
Whilst I'm not run off my feet everyday yet (still new) the clients are coming in telling me they've had bad experiences in local nail bars who drill their nail beds (hot, sore and bleeding nail beds and they have to take ibuprofen for the pain!!! WTF!)
They are telling me that the acrylic ruined their nails, but I'm putting them straight, saying it's the crappy nail tech with the electric file that's the problem, but anyhoo.......
I'm starting to get reccomendations coming from other clients and the ladies are chuffed with what I'm doing (but I'm forever critical of myself in my head LOL)

Just have faith in yourself, if your good & have the passion & the edge you can make it xxx
(screw those £5 / £10 facebook girls ;) )

Hi,

Xxx

Couldn't have put it better myself Georgie :)

Personally I have been nothing but impressed with Nail Harmony UK, my educator and all of the customer service staff. My training was excellent, and the support offered does not stop once you finish the training. My educator, Catherine, has always been on hand to offer advice if I have any queries, and has always responded promptly, even though she is incredibly busy with her own business to run.

Any minor issues or niggles I have had with a product or query have been dealt with efficiently and expediently, requests for promotional pictures have been handled personally by Georgie and having Jason look over my newly created website to ensure they were happy with the references to Nail Harmony and Gelish was an added bonus.

Big thumbs up to NHUK from me, I love Gelish and so do all my lovely ladies (many of whom had initially been to untrained techs and even newly opened high street salons for their manicures) and who are now much valued and regular returning clientele :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't charge cheap & I'm not bothered at others that do like I said you can see from her pictures she's not very good at applying polish while I was at college polish application was important & I failed quite a few manicures & pedicures due to polish application but it helped me as now I can do it properly, I'm really passionate about nails have been since the age of 10 so I really want to get into the nail business I've already done the inverted mould course which are very popular where I live but I want to learn the proper way too

Thanks for all the replies, I guess in my mind there was more prestige to the products and training with harmony (as the price would suggest) Think I have it straight in my mind now so thank you.

Claire not at all, sorry if my concern was unclear- it was more on par with the Essie/opi polish in boots line- the exclusiveness of a top brand- the best in my mind. No offense intended just wondering whether it bothers anyone else- clearly not lol. I am an over thinker indeed 😘

Thanks for all the replies, I guess in my mind there was more prestige to the products and training with harmony (as the price would suggest) Think I have it straight in my mind now so thank you.

Claire not at all, sorry if my concern was unclear- it was more on par with the Essie/opi polish in boots line- the exclusiveness of a top brand- the best in my mind. No offense intended just wondering whether it bothers anyone else- clearly not lol. I am an over thinker indeed 😘

Ahh bless you, no I wasn't offended (not much offends me, too long in the tooth LOL)
No i was just trying to point out an example.

So you gonna stick with Harmony then, that is the important question? :)

Latest posts

Back