Nail Him ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a client would you prefer your nails done by a man if given the choice?

• Yes

Votes: 53 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 557 79.7%

• Total voters
I would love a man to do my nails, haven't come across one here in Cardiff, but would definately get them done and it wouldn't put me off in the slightest.

I have had many male hairdressers (I better rephrase that!) to cut my hair and quite often found them to be the best, and appreciate there are many great Male Nail Techs out there (I was only looking at Nailzoo's website earlier!)

I really couldn't care less as long as they are done properly. Don't see why it should make a difference.

Teri x:hug:

ooooooooooooh, try reversing your sexist attitude and imagine if someone said "they didn't want to be done by a woman" maybe then some would understand how ridiculous it is, to have any concern in regard to the sex of your technician.
Just to throw another silly scenario in;
What if your technician was a woman, yet you found out she was a lesbian.
What if the female beautician you used for your beaver wax ended up being a lesbian, wake up, it's 2006 , we have bigger issues to deal with (as professional therapists/techs we really don't give a ****, we just want your money, respect and business). Many whinge about earning a dollar,making a dollar, spending a dollar and finding someone truly professional, yet you demand the right to be fussy in such trivial matters as the sex of a tech.
Grow up !!!!!!

What if your technician was a woman, yet you found out she was a lesbian.
What if the female beautician you used for your beaver wax ended up being a lesbian, !!

wouldn't bother me in the slightest....just cos she is a lesbian doesn't mean she will fancy me any more than a straight guy fancies every women he meets...:rolleyes: as long as the job gets done to my satisfaction i couldn't care if a martian from planet ugg did it...:lol: xxx

wouldn't bother me in the slightest....just cos she is a lesbian doesn't mean she will fancy me any more than a straight guy fancies every women he meets...:rolleyes: as long as the job gets done to my satisfaction i couldn't care if a martian from planet ugg did it...:lol: xxx
Exactly Bagpuss, so who are the precious prudes who really care?

if i walked out of a salon with gorgeous nails, i wouldnt care if it was a man, woman or alien that had done them.
Erica xx

As a male nail tech, I still get 'negative feedback' when people realise that man is doing nails

doesn't explain the 13.6% of the bigots/sexists who have taken the poll so far.

Never had a male to do anything in a salon for be,but hey iv heard they are good so i would if i had the chance i would! Good on you xx

I voted- DON'T CAREEEEE.

Nailzoo I think the same ones voting in a prudish, sexist, and bigoted manner are the same folks who neg rep you and dont leave their name... :) LOL

Very brave, that group. Totally secure and open. ;)

I wouldn't care who my tech was as long as they were professional and my nails (or beaver or whatever) looked great afterwards!

I love doing nails because it satisfies that creative, artsy part of me. Who am I to think that's only limited to one "kind" of person? Besides, I'm not so in love with myself to believe that everyone is out to jump me! :)

Gotta be honest, I've not come across a male tech before so only had my nails done (and any other beauty treatment I can think of) by women. But hell, why not? Don't think I'd give it a second thought actually, I like a tech or beautician to be friendly and welcoming to put me at ease so that (and a professinal attitude) is pretty much all I'm after.

Could someone explain to me why anyone would object, I am not being facetious I genuinely don't understand this question.

ADele some people in this world think that if someone is male and working in the beauty industry, that they must be gay, or a perv trying to be around women for his own jollies. These same self righteous people (sometimes, not all) think that they are too good to be around these so called "heathens", and won't deign to be in the same AIR with them, or they think that whatever "afflicts" them must be contagious.

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I saw it happen- I would retire- especially when I was in Vegas- very sad. And pathetic. Ignorance is such a stinky perfume. ;)

hi

It wouldn't matter to me if a transexual did my nails/treatment.

I don't come across many blokes that do nails apart from in the NSS salons. I wish my bloke would learn it then he could do mine!:lol:

xxx

Makes no difference to me!
I used to get the same with cars, people would often say "can I ask that the girl doesn't service my car though?"
I used to it anyway and sign MISS LOUISE in the service book on purpose!

The best hair cut I've ever had was by a man, I'd never go to anyone else now!

I was constantly asked if I was gay, I'd be like "yeah, which would probably explain why I think you're a minger!" It would put men off aswell. I went out with one bloke and told him I was a receptionist at a garage as I didn't want to put him off (terrible I know!) he came to my work to surprise me and I walked out covered in c*ap in overalls, turned out he was the most surprised! Its better to tell the truth I've learnt.

I think its fab for men to be techs, I'd love a man to do my nails. Men must be really determined and keen to fight through the stereotypes, that passion seems to come out in the quality of what they produce! x x x

I wouldnt care, only thing i wouldnt have a bloke do on me is waxing if he was a beauty therapist and thats cause i'm shyyy:irked: I quite fancy a massage from a bloke... but to be honest i feel like a perv wanting one (prob in the same way my male clients feel when they first came to me)!!!! oeerr think i've said too much :rolleyes:

to add to my comment, i think sometimes (not talking about any geeks as i've never met u) females can be abit intimidating to other females, esspecially in the beauty industry. I still get nervous going into salons. I used to have my nails done by a bloke and i didnt feel intimidated at all.

I remember when I was in nail school I probably had 5 to 6 people ask if I was gay as I was one of the few men to go through the class. This was despite the fact I wear my wedding ring proudly and talked about my wife frequently, lol. Not to mention at 6' tall and having a pot belly I really do not fit the classic gay stereotype either, lol.

Andrew

Would be interesting to know why the ones who have voted 'no' they wouldn't be comfortable, why that is.

I see professionals as that, professionals male or female, like it has been pointed out already. If they know their work and are qualified and I like what I have seen then hey..... go for it:)

Read the question that the poll asks, it doesn't ask if you would be comfortable or not, it asks which you would prefer.

Thank you for pointing this out...... It was very early when I typed my reply. But I still say the reason they voted 'no' is due to being uncomfortable about something. (I have asked my own clients over the months) That is why they would prefer not to have a male be their therapist/technician.

Be happy!!

Latest posts

Back