Nail Him ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a client would you prefer your nails done by a man if given the choice?

• Yes

Votes: 53 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 557 79.7%

• Total voters
men are only better at any of their chosen careers because they are never the ones who have to take time out ie having kids ,looking after kids, sorting out the house etc they just persue their careers come what may and if more of them are coming into this industry i suggest all you girls try 10 times harder to be the best
I find this to be very sexist,this thread was intended to ask if you would prefer a male or female,each to their own I personally would rather a woman
because I find I talk ALOT and I would just rather chat with a female.
I have several family members that are male who raise their kids just as good as any mum can and also they DO take time out to look after the kids sort out the house ETC! I think a male can be just as good a nail tech as any female.I just feel more comfy with a female doing my nails.I say more power to all you male techs!!

As a male nail tech, I still get 'negative feedback' when people realise that man is doing nails (ooh eh misses ;) )

I don't have a problem with people's reaction because after they realise that I'm serious and they see the end result their attitude changes!

I'm not sexist anyway but...wait for it - I feel a poll on it's way! :right:

Any comments please. :?:
well i am a male nail tech to ,and its very true we do get a bad reaction when a woman finds out its a guy doing their nails but s you say their attitude changes when they see the end result :green:

well i am a male nail tech to ,and its very true we do get a bad reaction when a woman finds out its a guy doing their nails but s you say their attitude changes when they see the end result :green:

Men can do nails just as well as women if not better.
In fact, some near me love the man better :)
Maybe it's because he's so good eh?
Don't be disheartened it could be the making of you x

As long as the person has had the proper training and their work is good, it doesn't matter to me the sex of my nail professional.

would,nt mind either way. might have a problem getting a hollywood done by a male therapist, as even though i do these treatments myself , i alway cringe when i have to go to the girl who does my owm waxing (stupid i know) but other than that would,nt mind at all.
ciara

I've never had a guy do my nail's, mind u I was with my old nail tech for some years, infact she's the one who got me into doing nail's. she taught me and use to allow me to practice on her nails.

i'd love to find a male nail tech in my area or one willing to travel here to do my nail's, just for the experience :smack:

forgot to add i voted doesnt matter

men are only better at any of their chosen careers because they are never the ones who have to take time out ie having kids ,looking after kids, sorting out the house etc they just persue their careers come what may and if more of them are coming into this industry i suggest all you girls try 10 times harder to be the best
OMG! You can't have many friends love. I know 2 single fathers who have full time jobs and a home to keep and they cope very well. Its not a case of what sex you are. Its narrow minded comments like yours that cause intolerance.

OMG! You can't have many friends love. I know 2 single fathers who have full time jobs and a home to keep and they cope very well. Its not a case of what sex you are. Its narrow minded comments like yours that cause intolerance.

here here, well said:hug:

I forgot to say, I am a male tech and I seem to get quite a lot of attention round here as people seem to come to me to "See what its like". I am a talker so I always end up stealing their custom.

Stevie:green:

hi,
theres men doing hair and they are good at it to.leighton dennys a great nail tec, god hes works great,hes got his own brand of polish too.why not.xxxx

i prefer men in doing my hair than women...!! for nails i don't bother....xx

Hiya, my experience with men in the beauty industry seems to be a bit biased! I love them! I don't know if I'm right but it seems that they strive just that little bit more for perfection just to prove that they are worthy of their jobs to those who scoff! They all seem to do a fabulous job, so I would definately choose them if I had the choice!

I may be wrong, but it's my humble opinion. If there are many more men on here, I would love to hear your opinions.

Hey sweetie im a male tech in training & im gay (well im not the bf is lol:lol:) . At the college i attend some of the clients are a bit funny with me doing their nails but I just shrug it off. The funny thing is im thinking of doing level 2 in beauty nxt year so BRING ON THE BIKINI WAX lol most nail clients are beauty clients so a bit of pay back will be in order lol (only kidding) xx

I have been doing nails on men and women for years. Since I really appreciate great looking nails on anyone, I tend to pay a lot of attention to the job that I do. In fact, my wife works in a salon, but she'd rather I do her nails because I take more care in the job than her co-workers do.

btw, I also wear my toenails polished because she and I think they look much better painted than just plain. I began doing this after she had a male client come in and ask for polish. She liked the way it turned out, so she convinced me to try it. New trend? I don't know, but I enjoy it.

hear hear well said:)....WOOHOO! at last more male techs & therapists joining the site...nice one !..i voted doesn't bother me ..simply because i have a very broad mind & nothing shocks me...id let a male nail tech loose on my nails as long as he was good,qualified and experianced & for the experiance too & the fact that they take pride in making a woman look good ..take gok wan he's every womans best friend .....i much prefer male hairdressers tbo because they listen to you and do ur hair just how you like it tmo...had my hair done by a guy (he's moved away) at my hairdressers and he was brilliant he created a look i exactly wanted ,nowadays when i get my hair done it's hard to get that look back he even gave a indian head massage when washing hair & gentle with it and he was really good...my fav hairdresser is Lee stafford(what i would give to have my hair done by him) when i had my son(18 yrs ago&bad labour) the midwife was male & i must say one of the best he sat with me all the way thru and looked after me ,i even sent him a bunch of flowers as a thank you....male nail techs i don't know or have come across any in my area perhaps they are hidden away somewhere....hey it's time for them to surface .Male nail tech\hairdresser\therapist it does not bother me...btw my 18 yr old son loves a manicure and having his nails done,not polished but buffed to a shine ,he likes to keep his hands in good condition..nothing worse than grubby\bad done by hands

Last edited:
I have mostly had my nails done by a man, I think I have only had a female once or twice twice when he was way. It really makes no difference because my nails always look fab.

As long as you have a passion for the job it should not matter if you are male or female. I am just hoping that i can be a good male nail tech.

Phil

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 6 weeks until i start my course :)

Latest posts

Back