Nail Him ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a client would you prefer your nails done by a man if given the choice?

• Yes

Votes: 53 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 557 79.7%

• Total voters
I voted that is doesnt matter either, i used to have my nails done by a male tech for about 3 years, they looked great and i was very happy with them. xx

Hmm if we're all quite happy for a man to do our nails, who voted no then? lol

Before I got into nails my tech was a male and I didn't think anything of it infact I use to ask for him specifically.

I had my 1st massage experience not long ago at a college and I ended up getting the tutor who was male and on that hand I panicked :eek: . For the 1st half of the treatments tense and kept thinking he's going near a boob,:lol: in the end I relaxed but he gave me his card afterwards :confused: lol

I've never had any complaints.

If you do good work, you get clients - simple
Although, there are so few Males as technicians here,
that I think novelty plays a small factor.

I think it's probably just that it's not the "norm" that can make people a bit wierd about it. I'm just back from Creative roadshow, where out of 100 techs taking the course, 1 was male. I'm sure like anything else peeps will get used to it.

I wouldn't mind having a male do any of my treatments apart from my Bikini waxing,as for me that's a little too close for comfort:eek: and I do that myself,thankyou very much,lol.I dont think men are better than women or vice versa.It's all about the skill of the individual.There's good and bad,be it male or female.

It doesn't matter to me hun. As long as you're a trained technician, it's all good. As a matter of fact, the very first time i had my nails done 10yrs ago, my nail tech was a male. He was fab! And that's why i got into it, i wanted to be just like him. :)

Ok,don't kill me everyone,but all i am gonna say is the best hair cut and the best full set i have ever had,were by men !!!!!!!

shock horror, imagine putting the shoe on the other foot and not wanting to be done by a woman......
Or heaven forbid, a blonde, a red head, a brunette, an Indian, a Negro, an Asian, a transvestite, a Gay, a str8 person, a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim,an old person, a young person, a cripple, an amputee, a vegan etc, etc.

Only an idiot would make a choice based on any of these, so shame on any of you sexist, racist, bigoted people that answered in the negative (11.86%). It's the year 2006 and it's about time people were a bit more human, rather than opinionated. Or can you say you are "the perfect choice or preference"?

I'm bloody sure i can't, but please speak up if you are, i'd like to recognise perfection when i saw it, seeing as though I've been disproven so many times in the past based on "a look, race, creed, sex, etc".
There are also many straight men that do nails, no point "assuming" them to be gay, because it at necessarily so.

Nails are based on talent, not any of the the aforementioned..
There are many great guys on this site (as there are women) to think that one in ten that voted wouldnt have their nails done by those men is disgusting.
It can also be noted, those that dont care post it, yet those 11.86% in the negative don't dare comment in public.
Gimme a sec i'm looking in the dictionary for the word "shame"

wouldnt bother me in the slightest, as long as they did a good job

Met my brother's straight, male friend who's a Creative technician this weekend for the first time.

I'll definitely be booking him next time I want a mani or pedicure.
Nice _person_

Wouldn't bother me anyway - nails, massage.

Hmm. Would have to meet a guy and feel OK before I got my kit off for a spray tan, though...

i wouldn't mind, need to do a great job whilst i was oggling at his aplication skills for over an hour. would need to be fit though:lol:

Envy! I was just reading this thread and saw that you were from NZ as well (yay go kiwis) and when I saw your name on your profile I thought 'Wow, that looks familiar'... I was just e-mailing you today to get an info pack! Hehe, totally cool!

TanBird said:
Met my brother's straight, male friend who's a Creative technician this weekend for the first time.

I'll definitely be booking him next time I want a mani or pedicure.
Nice _person_

Wouldn't bother me anyway - nails, massage.

Hmm. Would have to meet a guy and feel OK before I got my kit off for a spray tan, though...

I spray guys and sometimes they've never met me, they just ring for an appointment. I think they work on the assumption that as a qualified professional I won't attack them.

I'm new to nails, but certainly the best make-up artists in the world are men IMO :green: , so I certainly would be only too happy to have a man do either my make-up are nails (if only to see what his work is like :o).

As long as he's good looking.

Minette

Dont let it bother you what peeps think,i think its great that both men and women can do this job,personally if i came into your salon and then saw it was a man going to do my nails i would prefer it, men dont bitch as much as most women,it could work to your advantage :hug:

Hi, so far touch wood I have not had any negative feedback except from my daughter who is very critical, she says I shouldnt try too hard to be perfect and should just relax a bit more ha ha.

other than that every one who has come here or I've talked to have no problems that I am a male nail tech. Only once someone said Jokingly ( I hope it was jokingly)... " do you do any extras" I laughed inside but replied "I was strictly professional and could not mix business with pleasure however after 9pm at night when I was not working well thats a different matter" I felt I delt with the situation in a non offensive way. I just cannot afford to do anything that would screw up my business and having strict personal guidelines should ensure I will have no probs.:)

Nice to see this post still alive and kicking :)

As long as he's good looking.

Minette

. would need to be fit though:lol:

I know you are possibly being tongue in cheek here ...

but seriously If a guy posted comments like that on here....There would be such an outcry.....

There have been threads in the past about how we should be judged on our abilities..not our looks....

I think this should apply to the guy's as well!!!!

And yes Nailzoo...shame on the geeks who voted no...and then did not even post to explain why...or maybe they couldn't...!!

Latest posts

Back