Nail Him ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As a client would you prefer your nails done by a man if given the choice?

• Yes

Votes: 53 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 89 12.7%
  • Doesn't matter to me

Votes: 557 79.7%

• Total voters
makes no difference to me, as long as my nails looked nice and were professionally done.

I used to have a male nail technician about 2 years ago. At first my boyfriend felt a bit odd about me sitting across a other man holding my hands for 2 hours lol and as he was a beautician, he thought he would be some beckham lookalike, but i had no qualms!! :D

The only thing I would be uneasy about would be getting my wobbly bits out for a bikini wax or something! hahahaha

emmam said:
Wouldnt bother me in the slightest,
After being seen "down there" :o by male doctors when having the kids I wouldnt care who did my nails, as long as they were good.

Em x

This made me laugh :) I totally agree with this, I certainly would not care if my tech was a Male or Female.

I think that male nail techs and hairdresser are great, love the chats that you have with them.
there should be more of them out there

from jo louise xxxx

bug123 said:
As a male nail tech, I still get 'negative feedback' when people realise that man is doing nails (ooh eh misses ;) )

I don't have a problem with people's reaction because after they realise that I'm serious and they see the end result their attitude changes!

I'm not sexist anyway but...wait for it - I feel a poll on it's way! :right:

Any comments please. :?:

just what i was thinking, men do hairdressing so whats the big deal if they do nails. peeeeeeeeerfect i say. keep up your good work. you can do my nails any time hun. dianna xx :wink2:

Doesn't matter to me...i'd have no prob with a man doing my nail..

jo louise said:
I think that male nail techs and hairdresser are great, love the chats that you have with them.
there should be more of them out there

from jo louise xxxx

As a man who has been in the industry for over 7 years I would agree that it does not matterif you are a man or not! And many people I meet quite like the fact that I’m a nail tech both men and women however the guys wouldn’t admit it!!! So I say go for it if your good at your job and you know your stuff why not ?

I have tried to pursuade my hubby to get into the nail biz!!! He says no!!!! There is of course a stereotypical image of a man doing nails...but this shouldn't be the case...

I think it would be brill for a male tech to do my nails I would be very happy for them to do so.

I would like to have a man do my nails I can see no probs at all I think it is great that men also enjoy this job.

Caz xxx

Makes no difference to me either as far as who does my nails as long as they look good afterwards.

I'd especially love it if he only wore a towel and had a great tan with a little muscle, then i would have plenty to look at while he was busy doing my nails.....:o

Okay, female fantasy coming out there!

You can do my nails anytime bug, i would love to have a man do my nails.

Agree with this comment 100 percent. as long as you know what your doing what the hell does it matter. Good thread BTW nice to see what people think.

Hugs
xxx

Ms.Matrix said:
You could be a monkey for all I care,:lol: as long as you are good and know what the heck you are doing what difference should it make what sex, color, height, age you are or any of that other stupid stuff people stress about? If they have a problem because you are a guy it's their loss!

I also picked I don't care.....I have never had the privaledge of a man doing my nails......because I always do my own.....as long as they were qualified and did a good job......I'd have them done...

To be honest im not really bothered if a man or woman does my nails as long as they do a good job on them , then im happy xx

It makes no difference to me whatsoever, as long as the nails are good.

HOWEVER, if you sat two techs side by side, who are completely equal in talent and experience and one was a guy that was a total hottie?
I'd probably choose the total hottie:green: :o

Hey, I'm a stay at home mom, common law married for 8yrs.

I could use some eye-candy and fantasy now and then

hahahaha

(whoops, did I really say that? :smack: bad Victoria LOL)

i dont mind xx

Well I have had men do my nails, hair, massage, physio and I can honestly say they have all been the best for me personally.
I don't know if it's just coincedence or not but they have all been the best.

I can understand if a client feels a bit funny about having a man doing a massage. I had it done by a man who worked in a salon I was working in a few years ago, so I felt comfortable because I knew him but if I didn't know him I would have felt uncomfortable.

i choose it doesnt matter, but honestly i think some of the men are so much nicer to deal with than some female techs. and they take much more care to do a good job. male techs are nice and dont gossip as much:)

Oh i would love a male to do my nails. i really would i have never met a male tech before. wanna come and do mine? pwetty paleez? :) :)

Wouldnt bother me in the slighteset - but thats a personal choice.
I wonder that- if you're mobile - some women feel a bit warey of letting a man into their home ? You - unfortunately - can't be too careful where personal safety is concerned these days.
Thats the only downside I can constructively think of.
Jayney m xx

I voted it does not bother me,everyone has their own preference to the job that they are in,as a matter of fact we have a few here and they have a great clientele.It's better to be doing something that you love(nails)than to hate going to work at a job that you hate.It takes a real man to be in this line of work.

Florentina Alexander
[email protected]
Nails At Last

Latest posts

Back