Nail polish/Shellac over Brisa gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
ok, I have done a search but not actually found what im looking for.

I have a client who cant wear shellac as she has peeling nails and the shellac chips. So was gonna suggest either 2 coats of brisa then shellac for a little added strength or brisa gel with polish over.

I always find polish lasts over l & p but wasnt sure if it was the same for gel. I was always on the understanding that you couldnt put gel over polish but have heard on the grapevine that you can. Can anyone confirm this. I have the Creative pro finish but dont find that the polish lasts any longer by using this. What do you all suggest. I just want to be able to give this lady so colour with strength.

Thanks
Ax

ok, I have done a search but not actually found what im looking for.

I have a client who cant wear shellac as she has peeling nails and the shellac chips. So was gonna suggest either 2 coats of brisa then shellac for a little added strength or brisa gel with polish over.

I always find polish lasts over l & p but wasnt sure if it was the same for gel.

I was always on the understanding that you couldnt put gel over polish but have heard on the grapevine that you can. Can anyone confirm this.

I have the Creative pro finish but dont find that the polish lasts any longer by using this. What do you all suggest. I just want to be able to give this lady so colour with strength.

Thanks
Ax
Yes it is the same for gel but the surface should not be shiny.
I have not heard of a gel that works successfully over freshly applied polish. Grapevines are seldom a reliable source of information.

Yes it is the same for gel but the surface should not be shiny.
I have not heard of a gel that works successfully over freshly applied polish. Grapevines are seldom a reliable source of information.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. So I will need to buff the finished nail. I didnt think that you could put gel over polish, but someone on here said you can so just wanted this clarified. Thanks. Ax

Personally, I would use the Brisa, then polish her nails. Using Lumos topcoat will give you incredible shine with a quick dry time.

IMHO, using Shellac over enhancements is wasting Shellac, as polish lasts just as long on enhanced nails.

HTH! :)

Personally, I would use the Brisa, then polish her nails. Using Lumos topcoat will give you incredible shine with a quick dry time.

IMHO, using Shellac over enhancements is wasting Shellac, as polish lasts just as long on enhanced nails.

HTH! :)

If you are charging 20% extra for enhancements finished with Shellac you are increasing your profits.

So if they want shellac let them have it and charge accordingly!

I do a lot of popits enhancements finished with Shellac. £47 for full set of enhancements plus £10 for shellac finish. £57 made in 1.30 hrs better than nothing.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Latest posts

Back