Nail Shapes- Whats your favorite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laydee Danielle

Reaction score
Which nail shapes do you prefer and which shapes do your clients request?

I am interested in this now, as for all the years I have had enhancements I have had square tips, the today I went in for my infill (I dont do my own nails and have no intention of doing so as I love the work my technician does) and she suggested that I went oval in shape- I was a bit weary at first but the finished nails were amazing, I love them so much I cant stop looking at them :D

most want square or squoval, some of the older ladies will have none other than oval.. I like squoval :biggrin: it's a funny word..

SQUARE all the way, hehe

I guess because I've been wearing enhancments since I was 16, to stop biting my nails.
So, they've always been square or squoval.

Have tried oval on me 2x.. hated it lol

guess it's what you are used to, aye?

Oval gives the nail a longer apperance :cool: .

square aswell, ive only ever had square ones, but i am interested in having oval ones soon or round'ish..and ive only done square ones so far on clients.

My fingers are really long. Ovals make them look very, VERY long... but also very delicate and feminine.

Personally... I like them squared, or squoval.

I'm an almond/ stilleto gal!
But all my clients are square/ squoval!

I love the stiletto shape, but found that I nearly poked my eye out with them when trying to take my contact lenses out!!!:eek:

At the moment I'm squoval, but might try oval for a change when I next do my nails.

Hi Danielle
I too like oval, think its very pretty, but always seem to do square or sq'oval for my clients.
Stilleto is gorgeous but not been brave enough to try that out yet, might have a go on my freaky nail trainer LOL
I am hoping to get my nails done soon (can't do my own boohoo) so will have oval I think.
Lorraine :biggrin::Love:

Im with Jo ... its almonds/stiletto for me!

sqoval for me..sorry Izzy (was you that didnt like that word wasnt it...lol)

Squoval- Square, oval my best shape like on my photo I love stilletto but most my clients lkike to go with there natural shape(squoval.) Will have a go at mine at almond stilletto shapes when I go on my hols or have a few days off but for now sticking to Squoval. xxxx

It is oval all the way for me and always has been (even though I have long fingers they suit me!), I did try them square once but I HATED them so i filed them into squoval but hated that too! I think it all depends on the person though, some shapes just don't suit certain people.

What is almond? I have heard it mentioned a few times on here but have never asked!

if i want longer nails i love almonds but if i have them very short then it is squares....i have short stumpy fingers so almonds really suit them...if they are done quite long
the majority of my ladies have almond shapes too with the odd one usually my younger clients have square

I too love almond/stilleto nails but also my clients prefer square.

Square all the way down here for my clients. Most of them won't even go near anything else.

Personally, I don't have a preference. The shape of mine change with every infill. They're squoval this week. :wink2:

I love stiletto nails. Since I've got really short side walls, a square shape puts a hell of a strain on them - I get small cracks where my own side wall ends. The angle of stiletto or oval nails seems to divert the impact away. Wish they could judge stilettos in competitions.....

stilleto/almond for me, most clients squoval though, which is a shame.

my mum has gorgeous long natural nails that are almond shaped, she paints them mostly red or black, don't ask why but maybe it's to do with her witchy personality at times?:twisted: LOL! Lots of people ask her if they are fake and can't believe they are real. It's good advertisement for me though as I do her manicures.

I love stilleto and squoval shape. Clients love squoval or oval in older ladies.
I always mirror the cuticle, looks very natural.:D

Latest posts

Back