Nail Trainer Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All2Hand

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice, my Nail Trainer glue has now dried up. I’ve tried using Creative gel bond but it doesn’t seem to stick to the plastic nail.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations to help me? I have used adequate pressure when applying tips but I don’t think this is the problem.

J

Hi Jan,

Have you applied gel bond to the tip and the nail trainer nail? I find if you hold it down frimly for about 10 seconds this helps secure it. Also don't apply too much glue as it might slip all over the place, be too moist and also a waste of gel bond.

Hope this helps!! :)

I am guessing you are taking the shine off the surface of the plastic nail bed too? I found this helped me along with Rose suggested putting a little gel on both the nail tip and the trainer finger.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried putting the gelbond on the nail and the tip and it didn't work, I think from your reply about the amount of gelbond that I probably used is probably too much. I put the usual amount on the tip and the same on the nail = amount x 2

Have you used gelbond and the nail trainer and can you confirm that it should work?

I'm trying to work out if it's me or the products. I'm going to try it right away!!!

Jan

I use the gelbond and it works fine for me.... use it sparingly and evenly over the tip and nail and then a firm pressure for 10 seconds does the trick for me.

JCS said:
I am guessing you are taking the shine off the surface of the plastic nail bed too? I found this helped me along with Rose suggested putting a little gel on both the nail tip and the trainer finger.

Best of luck.

Yes I did take the shine off, I think that my problem is the amount of adhesive that I applied.

I was thinking if it doesn't stick use more adhesive, WRONG!!!

Thanks

Jan

Thanks Rose and Jen, I've just try it and it works a treat :)

No problem Jan!!! Gald to help!!

xxxx

Hi Jan,
Reading the E/N book that came with my acrylic course, it says: the glue supplied is of medium viscosity and sets faster than normal tip glue because the nail trainer's nails are made of plastic, so normal tip glues would take a long time to set...which is where you seem to be having the problem by the sounds of it.
Maybe it would be easier to buy another bottle of glue from E/N designed for the plastic nails rather than trying to find an alternative?.. My spares have always arrived really quick from them so you wouldn't have to wait long.
Hope that helps. Tim.xx

i have always found that any glue apart from nail trainer glue DOESNT WORK, no matter how much pressure i apply. i now only use my nail trainer for practising sculpts, at least that way i dont need glue

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Hi Jan,
Reading the E/N book that came with my acrylic course, it says: the glue supplied is of medium viscosity and sets faster than normal tip glue because the nail trainer's nails are made of plastic, so normal tip glues would take a long time to set...which is where you seem to be having the problem by the sounds of it.
Maybe it would be easier to buy another bottle of glue from E/N designed for the plastic nails rather than trying to find an alternative?.. My spares have always arrived really quick from them so you wouldn't have to wait long.
Hope that helps. Tim.xx

Thanks for your advice Tim. You are correct but Bank holiday weekend, 3 lots of Nail Trainer adhesive have gone hard, I want to practice my smile line and have to use what is available.:wink2:

J

Hi Jan,

Yeah, bank holidays are a pain when you want something in a hurry!
If the glue is going hard in the bottle i'd give E/N a call and tell them, they need to know if there is a problem. I had problems with a white paint i purchased and it got replaced free straight away.
If however it's going hard and setting in the tip, after applying, squeeze the bottle upright and burp it so all the air comes out, this clears the tip and saves trying to unblock it at a later date, saves a lot of searching for pins etc!!
See ya, Tim.
All2Hand said:
Thanks for your advice Tim. You are correct but Bank holiday weekend, 3 lots of Nail Trainer adhesive have gone hard, I want to practice my smile line and have to use what is available.:wink2:

J

CHEEKY CHICO said:
Hi Jan,

Yeah, bank holidays are a pain when you want something in a hurry!
If the glue is going hard in the bottle i'd give E/N a call and tell them, they need to know if there is a problem. I had problems with a white paint i purchased and it got replaced free straight away.
If however it's going hard and setting in the tip, after applying, squeeze the bottle upright and burp it so all the air comes out, this clears the tip and saves trying to unblock it at a later date, saves a lot of searching for pins etc!!
See ya, Tim.

Hi Tim, are you telling me to "buuurp the baaartle" LOL:lol:
Thre problem was not the adhesive but the tempature of the room it was kept in. I have learn't from my mistakes and now all product are store in the correct enviroment.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice but now I will depart and practice.

J

Whatever adhesive you want to use it may sometimes not want to stick as easy as it would a natural nail, thats because there is no body heat on the nail trainer so it will affect the set time. Using a smaller amount of adhesive does work but you still need to give it more time to set.
We all ruin stock and brushes and all sorts over the virgin period, give it time, you will get there

hi, when my nail trainer glue ran out i used my normal glue, holding it onto the nail for at least 20 seconds,this worked fine for me:)

I too have used a different glue than the EN one supplied with my nail trainer. I wanted to practice something and my glue nozzle had totally sealed shut so used glue from some cheapy stick on nails I had had in a draw for a while and to be honest it worked exactly the same as tne EN glue, perhaps I was just lucky though!?

Just to add, never had the glue from E/N and used Gel Bond with mine from day one and never had any problems.

I have no nail trainer glue left and I am using normal glue that I would use for clients> I take the shine off the trainer tips and then stick the nail tip on holding it for a good 20 seconds or more this works fine.
Caz xxx

Latest posts

Back