Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
i do my own mostly for practise coz my hands are always available! plus its good advertising, when people ask where i get my nails done i can say at my house and give them my number! When i'm less skint i'd love someone to do mine though, a bit of pampering does you a world of good!:green:

I always do my own nails lol...........well thats not exactly true, my Faye used to do them for me before she became a Mummy of twin boys, now we can't get the time..... David has done a fab set of Fabric# nails on me ... brill 1-2-1 session and I got fab nails, now thats my idea of nail heaven lol....and Layla xxx doing me a fab glitter set to show of at the Geekstand.....does it get any better lol...

I actually find it quiet relaxing doing my own nails...pure me time....and I can try out new stuff and tweak new techniques.....

I have been continuing with these "Watch & Wear" sessions with huge success.........It's an opportunity to learn by watching and by wearing - and it's been working so well as a group as well as 1-2-1, you can learn so much from each other....£35 per person...........

and the IOW is such a quiet place to relax (well if you ignore the smell and sound of the scooters this weekend!)

Mandini, do you only offer this at Oxford?

I was thinking about this this weekend, did my nails and OMG right hand was really bad, I was so upset, when I've done myself before, they've been not too bad - and I've had complements (not bad considering only finished my foundation at beginning of August), so I thought I might get a full set done by someone else to watch angles of brush, bead sizes etc etc.... mmm even more food for thought!

Wow a lot of you do your own nails.
I'm starting my training tomorrow and I think I'd better start practicing on my own nails as soon as possible as well. Like some of you have said: "If I can do my own"I can do anyones."

But lets start on my mother first :wink2:

Jess (Sparklepink) does my nails and has done for about the last 5 years!
As I don't do enhancements I'd find it hard to do my own! I'd probably still have Jessie do them anyway as she's just too good!

I do my own I see this as a form of advertising

and the IOW is such a quiet place to relax (well if you ignore the smell and sound of the scooters this weekend!)

Mandini, do you only offer this at Oxford?

I was thinking about this this weekend, did my nails and OMG right hand was really bad, I was so upset, when I've done myself before, they've been not too bad - and I've had complements (not bad considering only finished my foundation at beginning of August), so I thought I might get a full set done by someone else to watch angles of brush, bead sizes etc etc.... mmm even more food for thought!

I go to The Oxford Academy and as far as I am aware Mandini only offers the 'watch and wear' sessions at Oxford. Maybe other educators offer these type of sessions at other CND Nail Academies, its worth asking them

ive only just started training but i do my own , i only ever had my nails done by someone else once ...and she was trining

the thing is i find it quicker and easier doing my own nails then other peoples ....weird i know lol

i have alway done my own nails. you know how you tell someone to relax their hand so you can manipulate it easier to do what yo need? well, i'm the stiffest, hardest client!
i hate going to the IBS and have someone try a new system or nart product, because i just can't relax!
i've done my own nails since i thought it was play. since, 1978 in the 9th grade, for the prom in 1981 and my own wedding in 1984. i started doing them professionally since 1988.
now, i dont know if i could let someone else do it!

kathleen
www.mynailsrock.com

I have been continuing with these "Watch & Wear" sessions with huge success.........It's an opportunity to learn by watching and by wearing - and it's been working so well as a group as well as 1-2-1, you can learn so much from each other....£35 per person...........

Any chance you will be doing this at Manchester Academy in the near future, I would love to come along, sounds brilliant.

joan

I'D DO MY OWN IF I COULD DO THE RIGHT HAND , AS I AM NOT LEFT HANDED!!!!

HOW DOES ANY ONE MANAGE, WITHOUT POKING THEIR TONGUE OUT IN FRUSTRATION, PULLING FACES AND LOSING PATIENCE:cry: I JUST CANNOT DO IT
FIND IT EASIER TO GET ANOTH TECH THAT YOU LIKE THE LOOK OF THEIR WORK TO DO MY NAILS..................
NICE TO BE SPOILT AND CHAT TECH TO TECH, RATHER THAN CLIENT TO TECH:)

Since I started doing nails I have done my own. I am to nervous now to get someone else to do them because I know exactally how I like them... Was even to nervous to get them done for my wedding... But it turned out fine.

Hate doing my feet though...

Do you "enhance" your own nails or does someone else do them for you?
it depends on how I feel at the time I need my fill. For the past two months I've done them myself, it's cheaper, as I control how much product I use and can make it cost less than 30USD.

Do you enjoy doing your own nails?
I do. I know what I want, and I can add extra designs and 3d designs if I like, without paying additional monies.
If someone else does them for you why is that?
If I absolutely need them done and am simply not in the mood to do it myself [am not ambidextrous, so it's hard to do my dominant hand], I will have someone else fill or backfill me.

I personally have someone else do them becuase I have sculptered nails and the lady who does mine is fantastic and my nails always look lovely :)
a darling woman I worked with where i used to live did these... amazing sculpts. absolutely amazing. I didn't do my own nails for 6 months or so. That's the only time I've had a tech I've been to regularly.

My buddy from school does mine for me. After all, I was her first acrylic hand model! She's a natural nail chick and I have total faith in her!

Also, I tried to do my own and it looked like a 5-year old playing with clay-UGH!

I do my own also. I have wierd thumbs. They are very wide and the nail bed is very short and wide also, they are really strange but I have met a few others who suffer from "toe thumbs". I used to have my nails done but the techs. never got the shape quite right. This is actually what pushed me to learn how to do nails. That and the fact that I was a biter and most of the salons I went to would try to glue the tip onto my skin rather that on the nail plate. I no longer bite my nails but I still do them.

why not both some things i prefer to do myself and want them a certian way sometimes someone can do something i cant so i have them so i can watch and learn... sometimes its just nice to take a break and have them done :lol:

i do my own manicure and most of my own pedicure but i cant polish my toes myself or ill have major heartburn, yikes! i know im weird. besides, there's nothing better than getting a really good pedi (from someone clean is a bonus)

I do my own nails ,i use myself as a guinea pig for new colours and products .there are times though i would love someone to do them for me,as a treat

I just make mine look desent but i would love to be pamperd for a change instead of me doing others all the time cry cry

do my own because i am WAY to picky! i know what i like and i enjoy doing my own nails as well.

Latest posts

Back