Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
I used to do my own all the time, especially whilst training. I found it helped me to control my product much better....
If you can do your own, you really can do anyones!!!!

I now get my daughter to do my right hand most of the time, she is really good, but hates doing my nails as I always interfere. As she works in the salon with me, it is still a good advert for the business!!

Sue x

Amanda, you're welcome to come and do me a set in Wales.. love 1-2-1's...
There is so much still to learn!! Am sure we could get a few of us together in Wales to make it worthwhile!!

I love enhancing my own nails, I find it really good practise. Im kinda lucky as I am ambidextrous (yes I can actually write to the same standard with both hands!!) So I dont have the problem of the "good hand bad hand" senario. I would however LOVE somebody to do mine for me, doesnt matter how i rub the cuticle oil in once I finish it doesnt feel as soothing as if somebody else does it ! :lol:

NO WAY do I do my own - I love to be pampered! And watch my fab tech at his job:lol:

Always do my own!!! There is no-one local to me, that I know, that I would trust enough to do mine. The girls that I worked with before always offered to do my nails but eventually they stopped asking!!!

Amanda.....if you fancy a little holiday in Cornwall...?????!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

i do my own there are two reson why firstly i dont know anyone who will do then for me and also i dont really have the time to spare to sit and let someone do them for me. but if i do them my self i can do them in stages over the course of a evening.

mandini if you every do come up to yorkshire can i be the first on your list for 121 that would be fab.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I always do my own too, I love doing myown, i did a set on saturday with some blue boogie nights and i am so impressed with them, i like to see how much i am improving, plus i am too skint to pay someone else to do them lol x

I do my own nails and it's an absolute chore!!!
I always get asked if i do my own nails - i'd feel a bit of a cheat if i said someone else does them!!!

I leave them for as long as poss 3-4 wks! between fills.

After a long week of doing everyone else's nails the thought of doing mine makes me sooo tired!!!! Then some days i can't wait to get on & do them.

No-one close enough to me to do a nail service swap with tho Boo Hoo!

I do my own but they arnt very good :cry: would love to have them done but there isn't anyone local for me to go to.

I do my own nails, but not out of choice. I dont really know very many techs in my area that I can link up with.

Saying that though, its damn good practise to do your own nails. I am my guinea pig, I try the majority of products on me so there is always something on my nails.

I always do my own nails.....

Me too.
I actually enjoy doiing my own coz i can try new products and designs and again it is great advertising.

I do my own. I always feel a bit proud when peeps ask & I can say I did them myself. I have let a friend practice on me once but I couldn't handle it. I wanted to correct everything she did. Sometimes I wish I could get somebody to do 'em cause I can't b bothered but there's no one close by who's work i'd be happy with.

I always do my own, and feel a bit ambivalent about it really. I don't enjoy the process of doing them, but I do like being able to try new things! I want to do a set of Brisa on me having done my induction last week, but not sure I can do a new thing left-handed!!

nailsbydesign said:
For the last 2 years I have done my own, but I am going to be a model for Rachel (rjryan) on Wednesday for her Brisa induction (I normally have L&P on) so have soaked my enhancements off ready. I have never trusted anyone else to do my nails since one of my nail plates was damaged during my initial training by the girl I was paired up with...it has taken the last 2 years to grow it out!!! I have seen Rachels L&P application and hope that my nails look as good as Jenni's did after Rachel did them on the L&P skills application course last week
No pressure Rachel:wink2:

No not much :Scared: !!

I can't believe you didn't mention that to me before, I am going to be extra nervous now!

Thanks for the compliment though x x

rjryan said:
No not much :Scared: !!

I can't believe you didn't mention that to me before, I am going to be extra nervous now!

Thanks for the compliment though x x

You'll be fine...you have mastered the L&P in a very short time and if you can do L&P which is supposed to be the hardest one to learn, then Brisa will be a breeze!!:wink2:

nailsbydesign said:
You'll be fine...you have mastered the L&P in a very short time and if you can do L&P which is supposed to be the hardest one to learn, then Brisa will be a breeze!!:wink2:

Thanks Marilyn.

Heres hoping!

I must admit I can't wait to give it a try x x

Mandini said:
That's three of you from Yorkshire! Might be worth a trip for me up there?
A reqest from little old me:
Dont come until after May!:green:
No offense!
Its just that I'll have done two CND inductions by then, and I'll be needing (I need) help! :hug: :green:

I do my own, sometimes enjoy doing them and other times get the 'can't be bothered' feeling lol.
thoroughly enjoyed Peter Pan (Glynis) doing me a set recently, made a lovely change to be the 'client' :D
x

i do my own nails unfortunatley i can only do my left hand properly as i am right handed and not ambidexterous so trying to apply any product aprt from nail polish with my left hand is quite difficult for me to say the least. so my left hand always looks fab and my right hand is blah! but my excuse (which i think is a very good one) is that i use my right hand to do all the work so thats that. they accept that excuse without any further quetsions:smack:

Wish i could do my own save me loads but then i would never get pampered so have them done by a great nail stylist. Try to do my own nail art depending on what i have done.

ttfn dazzle:)

Latest posts

Back