Nails- Do you do your own

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you do your own nails or does someone else do them for you?

• I do them myself

Votes: 652 89.6%
  • Someone else does them for me

Votes: 76 10.4%

• Total voters
I do my own but would definitly LOVE for someone else to do them once and a while for me so I can be pampered for a change! I find it realy hard to make my self sit down after a long week and spend time on my own nails as it probably takes me twice as long as it does to do a clients nails.
:lol:

That's three of you from Yorkshire! Might be worth a trip for me up there?
I live in lincolnshire sc. un.thorpe i am interested, :green: sorry won't spell my home town because in the middle of the actual town name their is a swear word, lol.

I always do my own nails...... sometimes i really hate doing them because i cannot work as comfortable as i do on clients but it still beats getting my nails done by someone else because us nail techs seem to find a lot of faults in other peoples work and we tend to be a bit fussy on our own nails. Our own wrong is better than other peoples good....... that's a maltese saying which i find very true .......

I've been doing my own nails since I began training 7 years ago. I absolutely dread the thought of doing them but I just have to have them looking perfect as I feel my clients expect it now. I'd feel like a right cheat if someone else did them and I'd feel sorry for the poor tech anyway 'cause I'm so fussy and would watch her like a hawk!!
I know my nails don't look as fab as all of my clients' nails and it takes me about 2 hours.. God it's so boring doing your own nails... I usually chat my way through a full set so have to put on a dvd when I'm doing my own 'cause it's so boring:zzz:

:)
I love doing my own nails, that way if I find a new product or technique I get to have the look first and then my clients get to see it on me.

After 13 years in the business I am way to picky for anyone else to do them!! LOL!!! I've had 3 people do mine since I started doing nails! Once was at a class on gels once I had a hairline fracture in my right hand and once I was a little to tipsy the night before a show! LOL!!

I do my own - but I hate it! It's so long & boring! But I love doing others :)

I had one person do mine & I almost died of boredom! I think I sat there for 20 minutes & just started fidgeting! I found it the most boring and unrelaxing thing ever! Guess i'm sticking to doing it myself :rolleyes:

Hi,

I do mine all the time, I am experimenting with glitter at the mo!!! I am a leftie and always forget to do that hand first. Will give it a go next time. Am getting quicker at it, but really have to be in the mood.

Mrs T :)

I tend to do my own but when i am extremley lucky i have Jackie at naughtynails do them

I do my own but once or twice a year I tend to wanna be pampered so I might make an appointment to have a mani/pedi that will relax me and give me a luxury touch! :biggrin:

I always do my own nails. Its great practice as it is much harder than doing someone else. It is my only advertising at the mo and its working really well!

I do my own and it takes me hours as I'm so fussy.

The few times someone else has done for me was not a good experience for me .
I don't trust anyone with my nails now as no one can to them my way.

i do mine too.... perks of the job:lol:, but i would to have someone to do them for me...just to be pampered for a few hours:rolleyes:

I do my own, my left hand its brilliant and my right hand is not so good as i am right handed and obviously have to do my right hand with my left ...... i hope that makes sense :green:

When people ask to see them I always show them my left hand!!!!! :lol:

ps. i would also love to have someone else pamper me

Well here goes .... my 1st photo upload these are my nails done by myself about 1 and a bit weeks ago i only do my own and it can be a pain when you are so fussy and way to critical of others work :o i hope to get some feed back on this pic.

leahlight-albums-my+nails-picture7024-my-nails.jpg

I voted on this thread some time ago saying that I did my own (mainly because there's no one on here near me that can do mine for me) but I am a bit sick of doing my own now.. Would love a pamper :lol: but also to be able to watch another tech and hopefully pick up some tips to help improve my timing and techniques.

Wow leahlight you can do my nails anytime!! You do a beautiful job!! I used to do mine but hated it and I won't pay for someone else to do them. I never did get the pink and whites down, so I sold my drill. :irked:
I don't do nails that much because I have a very bad wrist so I'm working another career, but I sure do miss having nails...can't have them with this job.

xoxo

I do my own nails, but would love for someone to pamper me. I'm located in Beck Row near Mildenhall/Lakenheath. If anyone is interested in swapping services, shoot me an email :)...

Yep...too picky. Any time I've let anyone do em, I've had to fix em anyway.:grr:

I am way to picky to have someone else do them. Besides i like being creative and my nails are a Big form of advertisement!!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back