Nailympics London 2006 - register now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Fox

Reaction score
Hi Competition Geeks

Registration is now officially open for the Nailympcs London 2006

It will be held on 7-8 May at the Olympia Beauty Exhibition, Olympia, London

At last the official packs have been printed - please call Alex on 01763 263 113 or Janine on
01959 547 000 for a pack or email us with your address

[email protected]
[email protected]

...and we'll get one out to you pronto!

This year the airbrush boxed category has been dropped - but Mixed Media boxed and Fantasy remain for the nail art section.

The divisions have changed this year - so if you competed last year- please take a close look at which division you will now qualify for.

There's a fabulous array of sponsors for 2006 -

We would like to thank - Designer Nails (Creative Nail Design), Lena White Ltd (OPI), Perfect Nails (Essie), Cesars Secrets, Entity Nail Couture, BABTAC & Scratch Magazine. Once again The Daylight Company will be supplying a lamp to every table for the duration of the event.

ITINERY
Sunday 7 May
8am - Registration
9am - Nail sculpture (2 1/2 hrs)
11am - Registration
12 noon - Fantasy Nail Art (1 hr)
2pm - L&P tip & overlay (2 1/2 hrs)

Monday 8 May
8am - Registration
9am - Gel tip & overlay (2 1/2 hrs)
12 noon - Fibreglass tip & overlay (2 1/2hrs)
4.15pm- awards ceremony

The judges for 2006 -
Dianne D'Agnolo - USA
Su Marsh - Italy
Lysa Comfort - USA
Jai Harvey-Yin- Australia
Jacqui Jefford- UK
Mi Won Kim- Korea
Daniel Schaefer - Austria
Eva Matyas - Hungary

Floor - Marian Newman & Leighton Denny - UK

...AND The MC for the awards - Samuel Sweet - GMG!

The official Nailympics 2006 pack housing everything you need to know - from the judging line up to competition rules - is out now - so call or email for one

See you there

regards Alex Fox & Janine Derbyshire
Nailympics London Administration Team

OR VISIT - www.olympiabeauty.co.uk - then click on NAILYMPICS!

:p

How about a Natural Nail category please Alex
x

The Nailympics London is run as a mirror image of the 5 year-old USA Nailympics held annually in Las Vegas.

I do not decide on the categories or the divisions - I follow directions from the founder and owner - Dianne D'Agnolo in the USA

however I can make suggestions and I will let it be known that a natural nail cateory would interest competitors.

I'm afraid it's too late for 2006 - but I might be able to sort it for 2007

Alex

Thanks Alex much appreciated, natural nail seems to get the rough end of the deal but manicures and pedicures are our bread and butter money.

It is not an easy option you have to do your manicure with complete massage and buff and polish in french and a red all in an a hour and just when you think its over you have a written exam, so all in all just as stressfull .

hi is there no free hand category ?

will there be a photographic alex

HI

When you say freehand- I guess you mean nail art. If so , there is no nail art category for the Nailympics that is done on the day - they are done beforehand - for Mixed Media they are supplied in a box and for Fantasy - put together on the day.

The airbrush boxed category has been dropped due to lack of demand.

I hope this helps

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes Caroline

The Great Scratch Shoot Out will be back .

I will post a thread for it specifically soon

but to let you know - there is no theme and so offer any photogpraphic interpretation of nails that takes your fancy

All entries will be displayed at the Olympia Exhibition

The winner will be announced at the Nailympics Awards Ceremony as it was last year

clsoing date - Friday 21st April

sned in 10x8 photo print ofr 300dpi jpeg to me at Scratch magazine

thanks

Alexxxxxxxxxx

Hi Alex

I notice from the rules that "pink and whites" are to be created but only natural or clear tips can be used.

Does this mean that for the fibreglass categories the only option is More Than White or another similar product?

Hi

thanks for asking this question

Please for Fibreglass category

just produce the most beautiful nails you can in fibreglass

You must use only fibreglass -no silk etc

It does not have to be pink and white

regards Alexxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex Fox said:
Hi

thanks for asking this question

Please for Fibreglass category

just produce the most beautiful nails you can in fibreglass

You must use only fibreglass -no silk etc

It does not have to be pink and white

regards Alexxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Alex, with regards to the Fibreglass category. Is it only fibreglass that is allowed to be used as there have been some confusion in the past where it has been stated that it is a fibreglass category and then nylon wrap system has been allowed. I really think this needs to be clarified for the fibreglass competitors.
David

Dear David

For the Nailympics only fibreglass may be used as the overlay system in that categor - not silk or any other wrapping material - so everyone is on a level playing field

No French tips allowed this year either- just clear or opague

Kind regards Alex Fox

can we send in more than one photographic enter Alex.

is the "no white tips" stand for both L&P and gel?
x

yes as far as I know Hun................ but I will check again, just to be sure to be sure as they say xxxx

liza smith said:
is the "no white tips" stand for both L&P and gel?
x

Ok here it goes :
NAIL SCULPTURE, L&P, FIBREGLASS & GEL TIP & OVERLAY
• Competitors must polish one hand of the model with a red cream polish only
~ no base coat, ridgefiller or top coat may be used. The polish may be of the
competitors’ choice.
• These are traditional competitions, with pink & white nails to be created. T
hese are NOT salon nail competitions.
• No oils, lanolin, creams, oils on buffers, lotions, polish dry products or chamois
buffers may be used.
• Water and non-lanolin based soap may be used in finishing.
• Competitors may not blend, shape or cut out tips prior to the start of the competition.
• Glue is allowed for tip application only in L&P, gel and fibreglass tip & overlay
competitions
• No glue allowed in the nail sculpture competition.
• Drills are allowed, competitor must supply own drill and have ample electrical
cords and adaptors on them.
• Gel competitors must bring a UV gel lamp with them.
• No French tips allowed ~ only opaque and clear.

Hi Jac
you can photocopy the form and send in as many entries as you like

for the Great Scratch Shoot out!

closing date 24 April 2006

I will post thread today

Currently I can't get access to post into the Media requests forum so will put in the Main forum

thanks

Alexxxxxxx

Dear Liza

There are no white tips/ French tips allowed in any category for the Nailympics as it caused just too much controversy last year

so we changed it after much discussion

thanks

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

personally, im very pleased that white tips are not allowed.
i spend my whole working week doing free hand white and pink in L&P and gel, so it frustrated the hell out of me to have to use them.
i say have to, as a perfectly shaped smile line in a plastic tip is a hard act to follow, so if the big boys are using white tips, then you have to.
freehand white smile lines are sometimes unpredictable if the temperature is not quite right (as i descovered in las vegas!), but i still prefer to pit my skills against other people of equal skill in the same situation and therefore we are all on a level playing field.
as i missed the last 2 comps i am really looking forward to the nailympics.
hope to see lots of you there
x

How Exciting !!

Latest posts

Back