The London Nailympics 2008, Olympia Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Fox

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Registration is now open for this prestigious global nail competition held annually in London.

It's as easy as 1-2-3 to enter

Just visit the website Home - Olympia Beauty and click on the Nailympics link.

You can download an information and rules pack from there as well as the registration form.

Then just send it in the post or fax it over to Janine Derbyshire and you shall be added to the competitor listing.

There are six categories and 3 divisions - that makes 18 first places, 18 second places and 18 third places to compete for, which equals 54 medals!

We also award the top 3 division winners as well as the top 3 irish/UK techs in each divsion. So that's 6 trophies and 6 medals to compete for also.

Hope to see you there!

Here's the REVISED itiniery -

7am – Registration
8am – Acrylic Nail Sculpture (2 1/2 hrs)
10am - Registration / Mixed Media Boxed deadline
10.30am – Sculpture ends
11.30 – Acrylic Tip & Overlay (2 1/2hrs)
2pm – Acrylic Tip & Overlay ends
3pm – Wrap Tip & Overlay (21/2hrs)
5.30pm – Wrap ends

Monday 19th May
7am – Registration
7.45am – Gel Tip & Overlay (2 1/2hrs)
10.15am - Gel ends
11am – Fantasy
12 noon- Fantasy ends

Awards – 3.30pm
Enjoy! The Games of Your Life!

Also- watch out for Elaine Watson. Flying over from the USA to judge the 2 nail art categories, Elaine will also be offering a 30 minute seminar/demo on the Nail Stage at 2.30pm on Sunday 18th May. This is FREE to atttend - and to be honest not only is she super skilled, but she's truly lovely too! So don't miss it. You don't have to sign up - just show up on the day at the correct time and check out what's going on. Elaine is a true inspiration to her nail craft and she'll be happy to discuss any nail art query you may have in her Q&A sesion.

:green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green::green:

Last edited:
Thanks Alex, noticed hat there are a few rule changes, ie; now 2 hrs for some comps NOT 2 1/2 :eek: !!! and oil IS allowed.

Think I might have a go this year for the experience, it will be great to see the fantastic work that is produced not only from our techs in the uk, but also from our worldwide friends and geeks!!

See you there xx

Strange why it is 2hrs for tip & overlay but 2.5hrs for sculpt.

Strange why it is 2hrs for tip & overlay but 2.5hrs for sculpt.

That's what i was thinking. Surely it is longer to apply tips than to sculpt??

i had my first practise today and did both hands white and didn't finsh at all :eek: hhhhhhheeeeeeellllllllppppppppp....why oh why has it changed!!!

i had my first practise today and did both hands white and didn't finsh at all :eek: hhhhhhheeeeeeellllllllppppppppp....why oh why has it changed!!!

I am sooooo glad I am not the only one worrying about the time.... I am afraid I will not be finished at 2 hours... Will have to time myself and see.... :eek:

C.

Absolutely correct

the times have changed so we have more time to do the admin and judging behind the scenes

2 days is not long to hold 6 comps you see so it gives the admin side more time to work

only sculture remains at 2 1/2 hours now

also- YES oil is now allowed

Go for it- see you there!

after discussing this with experts

it was deemed that sculpture required 2 1/2 hours

yet gel, wrap and L&p tip/overlay could be done in 2 hours by a skilled a tech competing

this type of change is only made if the experts deem it credible

i think you will be judging alot of unfinished work ! I was gonna go for it this year, having not competed in a couple of years but there is no way i can do it in 2 hours :cry: (especially as we can't use french tips anymore as well !)

I am right in thinking we can't use french tips arn't i ? i didn't miss read it did i?

it doesn't say anywhere that you can't use PopIts - crikey you could be finished in an hour never mind 2!!

it doesn't say anywhere that you can't use PopIts - crikey you could be finished in an hour never mind 2!!

It does say no mold, I assume that is the same as popits...

C.

Dear Geeks

Thank you for your comments. This thread has afforded much food for thought and discussion over the weekend and has led to a decision to change the schedule back to its original timings. This means however, we shall still open at 7am, but the systems shall return to 2 1/2 hours each.

Here is the new itiniery

ITINERY

Sunday 18th May

7am – Registration
8am – Acrylic Nail Sculpture (2 1/2 hrs)
10am - Registration / Mixed Media Boxed deadline
10.30am – Sculpture ends
11.30 – Acrylic Tip & Overlay (2 1/2hrs)
2pm – Acrylic Tip & Overlay ends
3pm – Wrap Tip & Overlay (21/2hrs)
5.30pm – Wrap ends

Monday 19th May
7am – Registration
7.45am – Gel Tip & Overlay (2 1/2hrs)
10.15am - Gel ends
11am – Fantasy
12 noon- Fantasy ends

Awards – 3.30pm

NB - You can use French tips only in the Wrap caetgory.

Please do not flood nails with oil- as the judges will find themselves wiping it off to get a better look at the work.

yyyyyyyaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :green:

i'm not a competitor, but i think that is a great descision.
its so nice that they are keen to listen to the views of the nail professionals who support the competitions.

Yeay thank you Alex - maybe ill give it a shot then !!!! You've made a few geeks very happy !

Latest posts

Back