Naked male spray tan - would you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Had a guy ring me up this morning asking if i did spray tans for men. Which i can do, depending on the circumstances. done my first guy last week who was with his girlfriend.

Anyway he said how does it work & is it full body?? i explained about the tent etc & said that you would need to keep boxer shorts/briefs on & i would tan the rest.

He said 'you wouldnt do full body then as i dont want any lines'
i said ' im afraid not, i would feel like im in a very vulnerable position' (or something along those lines)

I said that someone else might do it, but im not willing too.

Considering it would have been just me & him in either mine or his house!!....i dont think so!!

he said he'd have a think about it & ring me back....thank god he hasnt rung back lol.

Would you have agreed to this?? lol :lol::wink2::suprised:

Odd!!!! Not in a million years would I do that or put my self in that kind of position!

What if he wanted an 'all over tan' like we ask ladies to hold boobies up...

'excuse me Sir can u hold your....ahem!!!!

You did the right thing!!!x

Hmmm...I think you may have had a lucky escape there...!! Of course he may just not want the white bits and might be totally above board, but then what if...? For me, that little niggling doubt is reason enough to say NO! Lol!! If he was a regular client, or a friend etc and I felt I knew him well enough then I wouldn't have a problem with it at all...but I never would for a man who calls me up "out of the blue". Put your personal safety first hun, and if it doesn't feel 100% right then it probably isn't.

I think you did the right thing

:hug:

I agree, you did the right thing. He may have turned out to be a decent guy, but you just never know these days!

No way and my husband would be livid lol!

I am very skeptical about that sort of request! You did the right thing without a doubt!

Agreed! If he wants no tan lines there is no reason he couldn't get a spray tan done and then touch up (if you'll excuse the pun) the white bits with a home tan cream! x

All I want is a full body spray tan, but no one will do it!
I've absolutely zero interest in women but am made to feel like I'm some kind of perv by asking for it!

It seems very sad that all men are tarred and feathered.

I've absolutely zero interest in women but am made to feel like I'm some kind of perv by asking for it!

I don't treat my male clients any different from my female clients - in fact, they can be more loyal as they get the service and respect no other therapist will give them. If the shoe was on the other foot and a woman was denied a naked tan, wax etc there would be an uproar.

Matthew, why not put out a request on here? We all know you here:)! If I were closer, I wouldn't have a problem spraying you..

I would not have done this either. i wouldnt have known where to put myself

I think the issue the OP and probably most in agreement with her is that the spray would be in his home therefore making her feel vulnerable! It's a risk and no matter how small a risk it's not worth taking. I don't suppose many people would have an issue spraying a naked man in a salon, I know I wouldn't. :)

Amen to that Mr...seems males are tarred with the same brush by therapists generally
Whilst of course it is very much up to a therapist to call the shots based on comfort zone issues it is still such a shame that males in general terms are made to feel like perverts when all they want is atreatment:irked:

Therapists wo dont undertake treatments to males are definatley missing out on a good revenue stream

The implementation of safety issues for first treatments are very easy to put in place so I for one really dont see the problem.
Do it,dont do it ,it really doesnt matter but please ladies stop tarring all men with the same brush as the ocassional idiot out there.

An intresting slant to this is that as a male women are more than happy for me to spray them at a trade show...however in a treatment room situation where its a one on one scenario its a whole different ball game.

I am off to Ukraine in a coule of weeks to launch our brands out there and will over a week be spray tanning around 100 women in a one on one situation and from initial feedback they have no issues with a male spray tanning them

Could it be therefore thats it is just UK female therapists who have this hang up that if you are a male your automatically a pervert just beacuse you want a treatment
Were in the beauty buisness for hecks sake...we deal with naked bodies ....whats the problem if its a male or a female body were working on:irked:

I wager those therapists out there that dont have these hang ups and actually do treat males would say that there male customers are better to work with than there female ones :Kissing:

When I was first asked to do a mans tan I was a bit worried about if I'd have to change my spraying routine - that was the only thing that worried me.

I searched on here and found a few tips on how to change my routine if I needed to get good results.

I turned up to do the tan and was asked to do it naked. My instant reaction was to offer a disposable thong and for him to move the side straps up after I had tanned his top half so that there would be no line around his side.

He accepted the thong and moved the straps as instructed and was happy with the end results. I thought about why I had reacted the way I did and decided it was not knowing how to tan him naked (do you get him to move bits or avoid directly spraying any areas?). If I knew the answers of how to tan a naked man I would have no problem doing it at all. **so anyone with the answers feel free to enlighten me**

I am a strong independant woman and would react sharply to any inapropraiate behaviour and would not stand for any messing about at all - would pack up and leave him in whatever state he was in (possibly half sprayed) rather than feel intimidated or belittled if he misbehaved - the same as I would for a womanbehaving inapropriatly.

Last edited:
I would have done it, why not, the majority of women hate tan lines so why is it different for a man? If I was doing it mobile I would have made sure he came to me and I had someone else in the house, just for the first time and made a point of saying that my friend/ partner was in the next room. It's a personal choice if u want to do it or not, personally it wouldn't bother me.x

He accepted the thong and moved the straps as instructed and was happy with the end results. I thought about why I had reacted the way I did and decided it was not knowing how to tan him naked (do you get him to move bits or avoid directly spraying any areas?). If I knew the answers of how to tan a naked man I would have no problem doing it at all. **so anyone with the answers feel free to enlighten me**

simples ...simply ask the customer to hold his todger to the right when spray tanning the left side and then vice versa when you tan the right

All simpls and easy to do ...for both the customer and therapist alike
That said given that many sloutions go onto the skin cold I would wager he will shrink anyhoo's so no need to move anything out of the way:eek: :lol::lol:

simples ...simply ask the customer to hold his todger to the right when spray tanning the left side and then vice versa when you tan the right

All simpls and easy to do ...for both the customer and therapist alike
That said given that many sloutions go onto the skin cold I would wager he will shrink anyhoo's so no need to move anything out of the way:eek: :lol::lol:

So would I not spray the area or his 'todger' as you put it lol. Just do my normal routine like I would with a woman.

So would I not spray the area or his 'todger' as you put it lol. Just do my normal routine like I would with a woman.

yep exactly as you would a woman unless of course he hasnt all shriveled up on you and its in the way simply ask him to pull it to one side .
The other aspect is that if he is particularly hairy on say the legs simply tilt your gun slightly upwards so you spray up the hairs...dont worry if you get droplets solution on the hars....to remove these simply disconect your gun and use the air from the hose to blow the droplets onto the skin.

Oh I do so love this job...in what other profession can you talk about such things without getting arrested :eek::lol::lol::lol:

I would have done if:

* He came to me with someone else in the house, like someone said
* If i didnt think my husband would mind - in which case HE WOULD!!
* I knew him....or had met him a few times beforehand

but i would not have felt comfortable doing at all otherwise.

I dont mean to tarr all men with the same brush...but u have to admit there are some weirdos out there & u have to be carefull...Men CAN be alot stronger than women

xx

I spray quite a few men and I do nothing different to what I do a woman other than aim slightly upwards if they're hairy. Maybe I've been lucky but no man has ever 'misbehaved' or such like. I have broad shoulders and take no crap...I pity a man that does try it on :)
I think the whole adversion to having a man naked is unfair...I find generally men often tend to be more embarrassed than the women I spray...
Give the guys a break, tanning is still a big thing for men to do, consider them brave for asking rather than pervy.
Sorry - just my opinion
Kx

I spray quite a few men and I do nothing different to what I do a woman other than aim slightly upwards if they're hairy. Maybe I've been lucky but no man has ever 'misbehaved' or such like. I have broad shoulders and take no crap...I pity a man that does try it on :)
I think the whole adversion to having a man naked is unfair...I find generally men often tend to be more embarrassed than the women I spray...
Give the guys a break, tanning is still a big thing for men to do, consider them brave for asking rather than pervy.
Sorry - just my opinion
Kx
I couldnt agee with you mkore...most males for the first few times will be nervouse as hell...and remember as the therapist your the one in control with a big gun in your hand...he is the one standing all naked and shy infront of you and feeling even more vonerabll cos his todger has all shriveled up on him cos you gave it a blast of freezing cold solution

Simply ensure for the first few visits that you have someone in the building with you...have someone available that you have pre arranged to text to say "all safe and sound" kind of thing

Its all very simple really and remember the male for sure is the one at a disadvantaged position :wink2:

Latest posts

Back