National safe tan day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a salon, i will join in
just let me know more details as and when you have them :hug:

I'm mobile and am in the process of booking my course but I'm interested if I can be! I am incredibly fair and have had 2 scares even though I always wear sun tan lotion (SPF50!) and I never go in the sun! It is not fair! lol
Lx

Wow loads intrest from therapist's so far...keep it comming :hug:

All we need now is some manufacturers to come forward...helloooooooo anyone out there....were gonna need liquid by the tanker load so whatever brand you are please join in..this is non brand specific so anyone thats willing can jump in:hug:

Its not only a good cause but will raise the awareness of spraytanning so come on guy's help spread the :Love:

might be a silly idea..just thinking out loud but would some media help...?? maybe someone could ring the Sun and see if they are interested ??

count me in I'm up for it

Yvonne

Hi everyone, yes there are currently people working on press releases to go out to regional and national papers, also looking for on line beauty sites/mags to become involved so if any of you know any give them a shout, I am doing most of the contacting at the moment with the help of a friend who is a freelance journalist and beauty therapist who has many contacts.

Does anyone have thoughts on dates, one day, one week, one month or the summer?

I think doing it over the course of one week would be good,
everyone gets the chance to have a spray tan and it would be easier to target i would be willing to do it on sundays for the ones that work all week, as well as the rest of the week,
i think one day is not enough and one month could possibly be too long a period and it would run of steam :hug:

I agree with you here Loubylou, one day would come and go un noticed and a month could be too long plus if we go for a week at the beginning of summer we could call it a tan safe summer because information and hopefully education will be there to carry through the season. What do you think of that?

I only had my training on friday and need to get some practice in...but yep I'd be up for it...

Being a redhead naturally, along with my true celtic frecklie pale skin Ive always been mega aware of the sun - Im kinda like a vampire in the sun lol looking for the shade.. so I think its a brill idea..

Count me in :green:

I agree with you here Loubylou, one day would come and go un noticed and a month could be too long plus if we go for a week at the beginning of summer we could call it a tan safe summer because information and hopefully education will be there to carry through the season. What do you think of that?
Sounds good to me hun :hug:

well i just had a baby on monday by c-section but all for starting it. it will take a lot of planning and may be cutting it fine for this year if we want it promoted well. with a proper plan of action we could aim it for 1st week in aug.

is there any other date suggestions?

kate x

i think that is probably the best as it is going to take time to organise and i need the skin cancer research people to get back to me so we can use their charity number and logo to loan credibility to the whole campaign. We also need to get suppliers to become involved but so far Collin seems to be the only one on here prepared to help. nice one Collin thank you! I will continue to contact them independantly but as I say we need the endorsement of the charity before we can do too much. What does veryone else think?

We also need to get suppliers to become involved but so far Collin seems to be the only one on here prepared to help. nice one Collin thank you! I will continue to contact them independantly but as I say we need the endorsement of the charity before we can do too much. What does veryone else think?

Well guy's as I have already stated...I/we are more than happy to get behind you on this :hug:

There is perhaps some definative direction and responsibilities needed here if this is ever going to get off the ground.

To attract manufacturers you need to be offering them a "reason as to why they should dip into their pockets"to help which is relativley easy...if they help they get their logo on any advertising of the event...kind of a back scratch thing....they give you liquid..you advertise for them and also you need to make them aware that this is also about promoting the safe benifits of a spraytan verses UV ...and if everyone gets behind it then long term sales of liquids should increase.

it needs someone or more to be calling the different brands and talking to them...remember they are not a charity so work on the promo benifits of them supporting the cause otherwise you simply wont get anwhere.

You will also have to come up with ways you will police the amount of liquid used etc...I.E. how will the manufacturer know that the liquid he is donating will be used for the promo itself or will it be abused???so lots to think about.

Whilst I would love to do this for you guy's I dont think (for obviouse reasons) I can really ring my compeditors and ask for free liquid now can I.

So as promised and provided suitable means of monitering are in place I would be happy to offer a quantity of free liquid towards the cause..which creats another problem to think about...will all spraytan operators be farmiliar with our liquid or would this be restriced to just salons that use Tantrick???

Rather than free liquid maybe subsidised liquid would work better ???

What are the salon operators going to be offering if they do somehow manage to get free or subsidised liquid....a spraytan for a tenner ??? of which all goes to the charity and or some as a contribution towards the cost of liquid???

So this realy does need to be thought through and an action plan of objectives and who will e responsible for what (one person cant do this all)...so any volunters out there??????

Count me in! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!! :) x

i have contacted many science based people, dermatologists etc to get the facts behind the story this is vital as joe public needs to know why it is so important that they tan safely I have also employed the services of a friend who is a journo and works in PR this has to be portrayed as a professional campaign not a group of beauty therapist plugging spray tanning and all of this takes time. The donation of liquid is something which will have to be discussed between providers and sprayers and needs to be worked down to the finest details. I have been in contact with several larger companies who provide sun protection with regard to free samples and give aways this is going really well. I don't think there is much we can achieve over the weekend as it is a bank holiday, but things are really progressing, sorry i don't update on every issue but i wouldn't have time to plug away at it and keep updates, hate to be boring but i have to earn a living to.
When you kneal down besides your beds tonight could please put in a request for a few extra hours in the day!!!

i have contacted many science based people, dermatologists etc to get the facts behind the story this is vital as joe public needs to know why it is so important that they tan safely I have also employed the services of a friend who is a journo and works in PR this has to be portrayed as a professional campaign not a group of beauty therapist plugging spray tanning and all of this takes time. The donation of liquid is something which will have to be discussed between providers and sprayers and needs to be worked down to the finest details. I have been in contact with several larger companies who provide sun protection with regard to free samples and give aways this is going really well. I don't think there is much we can achieve over the weekend as it is a bank holiday, but things are really progressing, sorry i don't update on every issue but i wouldn't have time to plug away at it and keep updates, hate to be boring but i have to earn a living to.
When you kneal down besides your beds tonight could please put in a request for a few extra hours in the day!!!

is there anyone willing to help with the orgonising??

If we get about 5-6 people from different backgrounds that can do various different roles then wouldnt it be worth having a meet to brainstorm so to speak and organise this.

It needs to be totally organised, but also differnt roles would have to be assigned to different people. There no point 3-4 people calling the same companies about the same things with different theories or it will just collapse.

I think getting companies to give away 'free' tan is a hard sell! What we need to do is get these companies instead to provide FREE marketing material and also help with the PR. They could also offer specials on the tan for that week specifically. These companies need to make some profit to cover their own overheads too.

Tans should be offered at enough to cover the cost of the liquid, plus a nominal amount for charity - say £1 per tan which if 100 therapists joined in and each did ten tans that could raise £1000.

The girls involved would need to be taught marketing skills so that they are helped to retain that client for profit. So for example they have vouchers offering clients there 2nd tan at 50% off, their 3rd for 30% off, their 4th for 20% off etc so they get continued value out of the promotion.

Because its a charity their has to be some monitoring. A website of therapists involved would need to be set up. And we would need some sort of infostructure to get the money sent in for the charity. Perhaps a prize draw for the therapists for each £1 they send in to win something off their tanning provider like tanning solution etc.

There is a lot to consider. But it can be done with the right people, the right contacts and a good plan of action!

Kate

Latest posts

Back