Need a waxing starter kit??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katwoman79

Reaction score
Hi,

Please could anyone help me. I am doing a waxing course next week and would love to buy a starter kit straight away but having three kids and christmas on its way I cant afford to spend alot. Can anyone tell me where i can get a good starter kit from at a reasonable price for mobile use. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you

Kathryn

Have a look on ebay. Failing that there are hive and PHD starter kits for £100 in ellisons.

Kate

Thanks hun I will have a look. I have bought some stuff off ebay before but have been realy disapointed as the items are not genuine and i dont have much money to waste. Thanks for the advice hun.

Trawl through all the info on here and the net and look at all the professional sites.
Order the professional catalogues... they are free.Ellisons,Beauty express,salon services,hof,aston and fincher to name a few.Find out where your local wholesalers is.
Go to ebay if you like but its not a professional site if thats what you intend to be.
Becoming a therapist and starting a business is never going to be cheap.

Go onto the beauty guilds trade section, someone on there is selling clean & easy kits cheap hth :hug:
dont buy any of the clean & easy brazilian wax though, its brittle stuff lol

Thanks hun I will have a look. I have bought some stuff off ebay before but have been realy disapointed as the items are not genuine and i dont have much money to waste. Thanks for the advice hun.

Theres a lot of salons closing down at the minute. If you see them selling loads of other bits then the stuff will be genuine.

I buy my couches, trolleys, stools etc off of ebay, however I would never buy skincare or make up as you are putting it on your clients skin and if they react you have no back up.

I buy machines etc off there too, no different from the guild sales board just ensure you get the equipment PAT tested.

Theres no harm trying to save a few pounds to set up providing the client is not at risk. Many people buy second hand equipment to get them started. I started my second salon with all new stuff and I wish I hadnt as i spent more than I needed to.

Kate

What is the guild sales someone else has talked about them but I dont know what they are?:confused: Thanks for everyones help too you have all been brill!:hug:

salons direct have a budget line lotus essentials. For £25 you get 3 pots of cream wax, 1 pot of honey wax, 500ml pre wax cleaner,500ml after wax oil, 500ml after wax lotion, 500ml equipment cleaner, 400 waxing strips and a box of spatulas.
You can get a wax heater from them as well, prices start from £20.
It is very basic, but will do the job. My little £15 wax heater works without a problem for more than 2 years now, it takes its time to heat the whole pot of wax, but for the price I payed for it, I really can't complain.
I've just bought myself a roller wax system (from salons direct, cost me £50), so only use my other heater for parafin wax now.

Last edited:
What is the guild sales someone else has talked about them but I dont know what they are?:confused: Thanks for everyones help too you have all been brill!:hug:
here you go hun
www.beautyguild.com
just click on the link then go to classified, its on the top bar on the home page, and look for items for sale hth :hug:

Thanks for everyones help you have all been great!!:hug:

I bought a satin smooth starter kit off ebay all brand new and the real thing absolutley everything i needed for around £35 and its lasting ages, only problem is i cant remember the name of the supplier

I bought a satin smooth starter kit off ebay all brand new and the real thing absolutley everything i needed for around £35 and its lasting ages, only problem is i cant remember the name of the supplier
i got this kit too !! its fab i love the lavender and calunder pearl wax its smells lovely !!! i think i got it from beauty direct via ebay as they sell some of there items on there , it was £45 and i got a free white tunic too , it was a big kit to containing 2 x wax's , spatulas , pre and after wax lotions and heater . I really recommend it !!

Latest posts

Back