need urgent advice...seeing client tomorrow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK hun two things i have picked up on while reading this thread
firstly and possibly the most important one = in your prep routine you say you remove the cuticle remover with water,
you need to add soap (citrusoak) to that water for it to be effective at removing all the cuticle remover,
if there is the slightest bit of cuticle remover left on the nail plate this will cause lifting.

Secondly the conditioners and products that your mum uses for grooming the dogs could be playing a big part,
look at the list of ingredients, do they contain any lanolin,
lanolin causes problems with L&P,
does your mum do any babysitting, changing nappies and putting on creams?
baby products contain lanolin.
also check the ingredients on all hand washes, shampoo`s, hand lotions etc
anything that comes into contact with her hands.
She cant be one of the ones that cant wear enhancements as she has had them in the past with no problems so there has to be an answer,
let us know how you get on hun :hug:

She is not using solar oil! That combines withthe grooming products ae likely to be the cause.

Hi everyone,

ok.... its was creatives l&p she wore before so thats the same. With reguards to only using water to remove the cutical remover...well i was at a demo recently when glasgow creative moved shop and the gentlemen doing the demo said very clearly that all you needed was water as this was the ingrediant that deactivated the cutical remover...but i have heard so many people say about the citrus soak so not sure what to think, but then agan i only use water with my other clients who has no problems.

Was speaking to my mum today about her dog grooming and she said that she only baths and grooms the dogs every 2 weeks really so thats can't be the answer either as she gets a re-balance every 2 weeks. She can't go any longer than 2 weeks as her nails grown at super sonic speed for some reason.

Not doing her nails untill wednesday now but was looking at them again tonight and they look terrible.:cry:. I really don't know what to do. I feel so bad. My mum's a business woman and is very particular about looking professional and she has these horrible brown nails on. :cry::cry::cry:

Ok, more thoughts:) spanials are gun dogs, bred to live out side, go in and out of water to retrieve the kill so YES they are oily dogs and thats a natural lanolin.
Most show shine products have silicon also not good and it might only be applied once every two weeks but I bet mum is always fussing her dogs.
Lastly mums nails grow very quickly, is she a biter? If she is then what ever she tells you I promise you, she will be worrying at her enhancements and if you put all the bits together rather then trying to blame one thing only, the end result is messy nails.
Even if she's not a nail biter I would still say the dogs are the root of the problem oil from the coat, show shine and the hair from the dogs will all add up to a break down in the service.
Last point
all your other sets are fine, then its not you its got to be something mum is doing. So Susie says, stop beating yourself up:green:

LOL thanks sussie,

I can see where everyone is coming from but trying to convince my mum that it must be something she's doing and more likely with the dogs is proving harder than i thought. i also show and use the same conditioning spray as my mum, so i've went and had a look, and it does contain lanolin. lol.

She's not a biter or picker but she has a really bad habbit of "cleaning" (i.e scrapping) the under side of the free edge because they look dirty :rolleyes:. And she does it at least a dozen times a day. Would this have any effect on the enhancement?

Also i was thinking earlier that she uses a computer a LOT so wonder if the typing on top of everything else might be adding to the lifting?

Lisa:hug:

hey hun don't beat yourself up about this

it sounds to me that it is something you mum is doing to cause the lifting and i too think it is to do with her caring for the dogs

I don't know if this will help but there was a thread about a client with only 1 nail with yellowing.
It turned out that the client was, with out realising, 'cooking' that 1 nail while drying her hair.
This might not be the case for your mum but it might be worth looking into.

Good luck
xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back