Negative Posts About Clients On Salon Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end it's all about respect.

I respect my clients and I expect them to respect me.

I also expect them to respect what it is to be a client..... which entails very little ...... respect your nails, use cuticle oil an turn up on time.

If those clients can possibly be offended by logging into a professional website and seeing some obscure post about client X, not turning up on time, then perhaps that guilt is reflected in the fact it could be "them" we are talking about.

I think most posts are quite generic and anonymous.

I always voice my disappointment in other clients with my current client so they know what really pi**es me off.

How else are you to educate you clients without giving them an outright list of rules.

Sure, I am known as the "Nail Nazi", which I relish, ......BUT.......

My clients have expectations of me..... and ...... ODDLY ENOUGH.

I HAVE EXPECTATIONS OF THEM....... if they cant respect this, then go and see Sweaty Betty up the road.

It's a 2 way street and if they don't like it they can pi** off.

What many clients fail to realise is the fact that they can actually cost you money, and when the do that it's time for them to move on to someone else that will tolerate their bullsh**.

I give em great nails, if they don't play by my basic rules, there are heaps more places to go ....... and when you get one of my rejects, you will soon realise why they were rejected. ....... and you are more than happy to them.

They should be kissing my butt, not me kissing theirs.

If you think it's OK for clients to inconvenience you, not consider you, not think about how they affect your business and treat you like a slave, then you are not going to survive in this industry for very long.

It's about time clients realised they have a responsibility too.

I am "Nailzoo" and proudly post my feelings and issues under a name and salon name I am well recognised for.

If a client is offended by what they see, then it is "THEM" that have offended me, it is "THEM" that are breaking/stretching the rules ..... AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Last edited:
I can see both sides, yes I agree that its unprofessional to slate clients on an online forum, but when its your bread and butter its does get personal and its hardly surprising that you annoyed. Airing your concerns and annoyances with fellow professionals on how to deal with it is ok, but should be done with tact.

I think Carl has hit the nail on the head, be the best nail tech/hairdresser etc possible and then the clients should think twice about upsetting you and wont risk being blacklisted. I think this is one way forward that and educating your clients that you will not put up with inconsiderate behaviours, all the while with a beaming smile on your face.

anne xx

LOL Carl, you made me think again...:hug:

Well the he's is right as always, but there's still fine line between complaining about client not respecting you to complaining about someone being ugly or likewise.

I still don't (not anymore) have my name on here, but might do it in the future as Carl is right THEY are the ones behaving badly and breaking simple rules...

XXX

I am so hot on client confidentiality that I wouldn't even tell a female client what her husband had had waxed that morning. I wouldn't even mention to one client that I'd seen another client in or out of the salon. So.....I would NEVER talk about my clients on a public forum.

It's a very small world and names are not always necessary to piece together who's being talked about. xxx

Maybe ... but I think it's quite an arrogant attitude, and one that not many people would be able to pull off.

Arrogant .... perhaps, confident .... perhaps, fed-up definitely.

The title of this site is
"The Salon Geek"
"the salon professionals community"

I want a place to vent (so do you).
I want a place for advice (so do you).
I want freedom of speech (so do you).
I want to run an efficient business (not dragged down by being taken advantage of by unreliable clients not abiding by basic rules, sucking from my income) .... so do you .... I hope.

If my clients come mooching though a professional website looking for comments from me (when all my posts in regard to clients are anonymous).
Then they feel it is about them (which it may or not be), usually due to guilt.

Then so be it ...

It's kinda like going through your partners mobile phone messages, be prepared for what you may find.

I'd rather skip through life hand in hand with someone of my preference (green fields with rose petals falling from the sky) not worrying about what other people thought about me.

Words and labels really suck .... oh dear I'm arrogant, tra la la la la.

Arrogant .... perhaps, confident .... perhaps, fed-up definitely.

The title of this site is
"The Salon Geek"
"the salon professionals community"

I want a place to vent (so do you).
I want a place for advice (so do you).
I want freedom of speech (so do you).
I want to run an efficient business (not dragged down by being taken advantage of by unreliable clients not abiding by basic rules, sucking from my income) .... so do you .... I hope.

If my clients come mooching though a professional website looking for comments from me (when all my posts in regard to clients are anonymous).
Then they feel it is about them (which it may or not be), usually due to guilt.

Then so be it ...

It's kinda like going through your partners mobile phone messages, be prepared for what you may find.

I'd rather skip through life hand in hand with someone of my preference (green fields with rose petals falling from the sky) not worrying about what other people thought about me.

Words and labels really suck .... oh dear I'm arrogant, tra la la la la.

I guess I hit a nerve there then!

Maybe we need a new thread entitled 'negative comments about other geeks' lol.

I am entitled to give my opinion without being sent rude and abusive pm's.

Not very professional behaviour for someone wanting a 'professional community'!!

Yep - definitely touched a nerve!

I'll be glad to post my reply to anyone interested, ( I posted a reply in private to jmel (which I thought was the right thing to do ......although I felt the "P" in PM meant "private", it was neither rude, nor abusive.

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't have an issue, although some felt they had touched a nerve (I don't think I have any left).:), I didn't want anyone to flatter themselves thinking they had upset me, or made me think twice about my current post or stance........ ,

moderators, do what you must, but I did my best to keep my reply "private".

It's only recently that I have been made aware that this site can be viewed by our actual clients.

In my opinion you should have to be a salon professional to log into certain threads on here as the slogan behind salon geek is the salon professionals community and if any tom, **** or harry can sign in then it kind of defeats the object of certain parts of the forum.

I know i am guilty of posting a thread on here about a client i was having problems with (but this was before i'd found out that anyone could view it)

I needed a place to vent as i was quite annoyed and stressed and i also wanted some fellow geeks advice. I agree it was unprofessional but if the forum was what i was under the impression it was (for salon professionals only) there wouldn't have been an issue. This was my fault completely so i am not blaming the salon geek for not being private as i should have looked further into it before i'd decided to post what i did.

I love salon geek and i will think more carefully about posting certain threads from now on

excellent discussion

I'll be glad to post my reply to anyone interested, ( I posted a reply in private to jmel (which I thought was the right thing to do ......although I felt the "P" in PM meant "private", it was neither rude, nor abusive.

I just wanted to clarify that I didn't have an issue, although some felt they had touched a nerve (I don't think I have any left).:), I didn't want anyone to flatter themselves thinking they had upset me, or made me think twice about my current post or stance........ ,

moderators, do what you must, but I did my best to keep my reply "private".

Abuse reported is I think the phrase to use. It's a shame you had to blow a simple comment out of all proportion. If you re-read my first comment back and thought about it you would realise that I was actually paying you a compliment.

Your pm to me was vile and disgusting, It is indeed private which is why I have not displayed it publicly. It is in the interest of all other users however, to understand how they are likely to be treated, should they dare to have a differing opinion to you.

I don't feel it violates client confidentiality to vent on here or to ask questions how to deal with certain clients, as long as no names is mentioned.

I don't tell people about who gets which treatments, but I can tell them that : I have seen such cracks in an enhancement before, turns out this client was biting them" Not names not anything. Think there's a HUGE different.

Even if this site was closed for non-pros, those who wanted to could, as it's impossible to control.

I mean seriously, don't be mean, but I feel it's ok to share with other pro's so people can learn. Keep it to a minimum with details, then nobody should get hurt (what are the odds that somebody not doing nails, should read and guess etc)

I mean I know a danish site that are named : I hate clients. On that site people tell stories about how stupid clients are (not only client, but also people buying things from shops ect.) No-one is learning anything from it, they just tell stories, and make comments about how they have had the same experience or likewise (quite amusing to read though, and I think one or two times it had made ME think about how I treat those who service me). Thats unprofessional, but sharing on a learning site, as long as it's done in a professional manner, well then it's ok IMO.

Other rants can be kept in blogs right?

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I mean I know a danish site that are named : I hate clients. On that site people tell stories about how stupid clients are (not only client, but also people buying things from shops ect.) No-one is learning anything from it, they just tell stories, and make comments about how they have had the same experience or likewise (quite amusing to read though, and I think one or two times it had made ME think about how I treat those who service me). Thats unprofessional, but sharing on a learning site, as long as it's done in a professional manner, well then it's ok IMO.

Really?!:eek:

OMG that's terrible!

J xx

DITTO DITTO DITTO everything below:!:

I always do my best to go the extra mile for my clients and do my utmost to offer them what no one else around will.
BUT that comes with a price. Respect is my price and I demand respect.
If the respect isn't both ways, they can bite my backside. Plain and simple.
I spent enough years working jobs being treated like crap.
Now I'm my own boss and I don't have to take crap anymore.
I'll be honest, I'm a lucky girl that 99% of my clients are absolute dolls.
Now, were they that way naturally? or because I demand respect? or a bit of both? It doesn't matter. As long as they respect me and what I do for them, then we'll all be happy campers.

No one thinks twice about scolding the naughty child, or swatting the dog that chewed the new $200.00 shoes.
Why should clients be any different when they are 'out of line'?

And when I'm the one that slips up... I take my slap on the hand like a big girl and go another extra 10miles to make things right for my clients.

ps: re 'nailnazi'... LMFAO they've started calling me that here too LOL:lol:

In the end it's all about respect.
I respect my clients and I expect them to respect me.
I also expect them to respect what it is to be a client..... which entails very little ...... respect your nails, use cuticle oil an turn up on time.
If those clients can possibly be offended by logging into a professional website and seeing some obscure post about client X, not turning up on time, then perhaps that guilt is reflected in the fact it could be "them" we are talking about.
I think most posts are quite generic and anonymous.
I always voice my disappointment in other clients with my current client so they know what really pi**es me off.
How else are you to educate you clients without giving them an outright list of rules.
Sure, I am known as the "Nail Nazi", which I relish, ......BUT.......
My clients have expectations of me..... and ...... ODDLY ENOUGH.
I HAVE EXPECTATIONS OF THEM....... if they cant respect this, then go and see Sweaty Betty up the road.

It's a 2 way street and if they don't like it they can pi** off.

What many clients fail to realise is the fact that they can actually cost you money, and when the do that it's time for them to move on to someone else that will tolerate their bullsh**.

I give em great nails, if they don't play by my basic rules, there are heaps more places to go ....... and when you get one of my rejects, you will soon realise why they were rejected. ....... and you are more than happy to them.

They should be kissing my butt, not me kissing theirs.

If you think it's OK for clients to inconvenience you, not consider you, not think about how they affect your business and treat you like a slave, then you are not going to survive in this industry for very long.

It's about time clients realised they have a responsibility too.

I am "Nailzoo" and proudly post my feelings and issues under a name and salon name I am well recognised for.

If a client is offended by what they see, then it is "THEM" that have offended me, it is "THEM" that are breaking/stretching the rules ..... AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

It's only recently that I have been made aware that this site can be viewed by our actual clients.

In my opinion you should have to be a salon professional to log into certain threads on here as the slogan behind salon geek is the salon professionals community and if any tom, **** or harry can sign in then it kind of defeats the object of certain parts of the forum.

How on earth could you qualify if someone was a professional or not? In the US, you could TRY and ask for a license number (which you would then have to validate somewhere). Everywhere else in the world... well, who the hell knows? Vetting 30k worth of members would be a lifetime job so... doesn't it make more sense to post professionally rather than expect someone to vet the 6k people per day coming to the site so you can feel safe slagging customers off?

IMO, it is not professional to bad mouth customers. In fact, I find it pretty distasteful. Sure, we all have had problem clients and solutions to those problems should and do get shared. However if you just want to vent, do it in a blog or chat or whatever. Discussion threads are for that - discussion, not just to vent some steam.

Finally, we all have our different perception of what type of customer service suits our business. One persons arrogance is anothers humility. How you choose to implement customer service with your customers is really your business, however let me gently remind all that this isn't your salon and to please treat each other with respect and thought in the forums AND the PM system.

Latest posts

Back