Never get a cold... chew my words!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hiya

I am feeling dead sorry for my little self. I have a rotten cold and Im off work ill in bed! Might not sound much to you guys but hand on heart, I aint had a cold since I was at Primary School, Im 26 now!:cry:
I cant cope! I realy want to go to work and I am going to go stir crazy if I have to watch one more chat show. it is our Christmas party on Friday and I have been told not to give the rest of the office my cold, in other words, Stay at home!

So, it got me thinking....... Anyone got any tips on how to shift it or any tips on how not to die of bordom????? Had loads of Lemsips, parecetomal and even tried a hot curry last night.

xxx

Hi Emma

Poor you!

I have just got over one of those colds, I was in bed for three days last week, I dont have any miracle cures but I hope you feel better soon.

To stop you dying of boredom stayed logged into salongeek and let all your geek friends cheer you up!

Get well soon chick

Nic
xxx:hug:

Hiya

I am feeling dead sorry for my little self. I have a rotten cold and Im off work ill in bed! Might not sound much to you guys but hand on heart, I aint had a cold since I was at Primary School, Im 26 now!:cry:
I cant cope! I realy want to go to work and I am going to go stir crazy if I have to watch one more chat show. it is our Christmas party on Friday and I have been told not to give the rest of the office my cold, in other words, Stay at home!

So, it got me thinking....... Anyone got any tips on how to shift it or any tips on how not to die of bordom????? Had loads of Lemsips, parecetomal and even tried a hot curry last night.

xxx
Aww hun I so know where you are coming from I am at home to for the second day with a really bad flu:cry:
I wouldn't mind so much but because of the problems getting the flu vaccine's I have been delayed in getting mine I was meant to go on Friday but now I have got the b***** flu I cant have it until I am better ggrrrrr.

Hun just stay in bed keep yourself warm, drink plenty and take paracetamol I will be thinking of you will wrapped up in my duvet:hug:

I've got a cold as well and really bad throat, so I know how your feeling.

I've been using lemsip capsules, dont think their really making a difference.

Breathing in steam normally works for me and really helps to clear my sinuses. I have one of the facial saunas from argos and it comes with a nose piece, so you can use that instead of steaming your whole face. If you haven't got a sauna then you can just put hot water in a saucepan, head over it and cover with a towel.

HTHs

OooH!! you poor thing go in sit in the sun for a while don't forget sunblock and water. It is soo hot, then the next it is sooo cold, down here no wonder why you have a cold. cheer up:hug:

Paracetemol, a mug of lemon, honey and water, a nasal spray like Otrivine or Sudafed, keep wrapped up so much you sweat it out and as much rest as poss....you'll be over it in no time. Oh and keep your vit C intake up...those Berocca things give a good boost.

The over the counter lemsip or beechams things have never been much good...the sprays are better...they target the problem areas direct. And avoid any dairy(even milk in tea or coffee)...makes the catarrh much worse.

I swear by Alqvimia's Breathe Easy essential oil blend. It's got eucalyptus, rosemary, mint and pine essential oils in it which you can burn in a burner or add to hot water and breathe it in (with towel over your head).
I've also used it in the bath, mixed with a little milk first to help it disperse. You can buy it mail order from Alquimia Spa - A Centre for Transformation

You could also try this recipe from Trinny and Susannah's new book:
Ingredients:
Juice of lemon
Big Spoonful of honey
Inch of grated root ginger
Fat clove of garlic, chopped
Sliced hot chilli (jalapeno or red chilli)

Put all ingredients in a teapot or big mug, add hot (not boiling) water and stew for five minutes. Strain. Hold nose, drink potion down, then wrap up warm and go to bed.
I haven't tried it yet but it might just work! x

Latest posts

Back