New file or sanitise each time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a while I have been wondering what to do with files after each treatment.

After treatments I know you can sanitise the file and re-use, but do you think it looks a bit skankie to pull out an obviously used file on a client?
What I mean is, bare with me...:lol:
Do you use a file sanitise it seal it up in a bag marked for that client and only use on them?
Or...
Sanitise and use on the next client?
Or bin it and start fresh every treatment?

Bombarding you all today hey?!?:lol:

hi
i use a glass file this way you can sanitise it every time.hope this helps hun.xxxxxx

I sanitise mine and throw away after a few uses. With brand new files I also 'roughen' them up a bit by scraping another file on them so that they're not as harsh on the client when first used. I have never thought about using a crystal glass file on clients?!

I store files for every client. They get a new set of files with their first appointment. I have a box with 3 files (100/100,100/180 and 120/240)for each client. I only use the high shine buffer for multi use, but i mostly use a uv sealer.

New file each time. Clean and lots of grit!!

I only do Manicures and Pedicure (and to be fair I have only done family and friends so far) but I was told on my course that you have to either keep for same client or either give or throw away, I was told you couldn't sanitize (although you can sanitize a big foot file, which seems odd!) but I gather from this hread that not everyone does this! Is it not something one has to do or is it new? I only did my course in January! Lx

I sanitise after each client and also do it in front of them. I feel that using a new file for each client can also be dangerous as we all know when using a new file this is more likely to catch the client than an older one. As long as they are sanitised between clients and are thrown away if a client is caught or old then this is appropriate.

I have a file set for each of my clients. Once i finish with their files, i scrub them in a solution using water and a small scrub brush, then spray them with anti bac and cover them with paper towel to dry and put them in a zip lock bag and they will only ever be used on that particular client. Each client has their own files which i keep sanitised.

also another quick tip for those of you who are weary of new files "catching" on clients, take the old file and give a quick swipe with it along the edge of the new file to soften and take down the sharp edge.

Hi

OPI have brought out the disposible file which is supposidly priced to make it better to throw it away.

Correct me if I am wrong but in London you have to use disposible files?

Becki xxx

I use new files for every new client. Afterwards I sanitise them and store them for the clients next appointment.

Hi There,

I would definately keep files for each client only.

I have little boxes/envelopes that i mark with the clients' name and use them for each of their visits. No re-using files for different customers- very gross!

I wouldn't throw files out after each visit either, that would be very costly to you and is not needed. I would only throw files out if they had fungus or a greeny on their nails..

Hope this helps... Corrine :hug:

Hi would it be better value to keep files buffer and cuticle pusher for each client. bag and name them ( after cleaning them of course) . :)

i use a new file everytime and give the file to the client if they want to take it, most of them do take it home and the new clients seem to be really happy that they get a file :) if they already have quite a few from previous treatments i just chuck them away i cant be bothered to keep them.

Definately sanitise due to cost effectiveness x

In manicure I use a glass file and submerge in hot water at end of day to keep clean, pedicures I use disposable files or my old files that i'm gonna bin and use once. For nail services I brush, wash & sanitise.
No matter what it would not be cost efficient for me to use one file per customer so we use old files for shaping and new files for heavy filing and nothing else!

I find the only thing with giving the file to the client to take home is that they end up using it and when they come back the nail has changed shape and the problem is that they don't realy know what they are doing......

I was wondering if someone can help me out.
I currently buy standard files from Capital
Can you tell me what files you use on natural nails as I like the look of a white nail but don't know much about them ie glass ones or are they just for false nails
Many thanks

Glass files are great for natural nails....but any file will be fine as long as its not harsh..a 240 should do all you want from a file for natural nails.

Latest posts

Back