New Members Read This!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
There are many new members on the nailgeek site at the moment and firstly I'd like to give you all a warm welcome.

Judging from the increased amount of work that we the moderators of this fine site have to do I would like to make a request that before you post willy nilly, you read the posting guidelines for the site. Click on the pink band above to get more information.

Please bear in mind when you post a thread that you put it into the correct forum on the site. This keeps the site tidy and relevant.

Another thing to consider is the title of your threads. Bearing in mind the SEARCH facility on the site cannot search threads by title if the main subject of your post is not contained in the title! So a thread entitled (oh how many of them are there??) Advice please (for instance) or (your opinion please) does not help anyone to know what it is you want advice or an opinion about?

Posting correctly and with an eye to helping other future posters is not only considerate of them, but of we who spend hours reading posts and moving them to the correct forum on the site because it has not been done right in the first place.

Also remember that posts like 'oh thanks for your help' or other PERSONAL replies like that should be sent in a private message and not put up as a post. Any personal replies should be pm'd ... the forums are not to be used like text messages.

Thank you all for your help.

can i please add to use the chat room too

huh? where's the chatroom? :o

I agree with you Julia! I've noticed recently a lot of threads that end up more like an MSN page than a forum's page!

Every time I go to chat room there is nobody in there, didnt think anyone used it!!
xx:Love:

Often if you post a quickie in the shoutbox asking if anyone wants a chat, someone will join you ... although I don;t think it's quite as effective now the shoutbox isn't on the homepage

Sassy Hassy said:
Often if you post a quickie in the shoutbox asking if anyone wants a chat, someone will join you ... although I don;t think it's quite as effective now the shoutbox isn't on the homepage

i agree ... infact i forget its even there and never use it anymore...i wish it was back on the home page. xx

Just bumping this up for the benefit of all the new members
KxXx

Would all new members please fill in their profiles fully so that we can find out a bit about you. Thanks:Love:

also is it possible to have folders to file pm's we want to save?

and how about a button that takes you back up to the top of the page when you are the bottom of a thread so you dont have to scroll up. Sorry for posting off topic, just thought Id ask for my bit like others.

Hannah1984 said:
and how about a button that takes you back up to the top of the page when you are the bottom of a thread so you dont have to scroll up. Sorry for posting off topic, just thought Id ask for my bit like others.

All you have to do is click "home" on your keyboard, and it does it for you!

Sassy Hassy said:
All you have to do is click "home" on your keyboard, and it does it for you!

Great stuff! Thanks for that! :)

You can create folders for your PMs via your user cp. There is also a Top Link at the bottom of every page.

And there is a specific reason that the shout box is on the Forum home now (actually, a few reasons ;) ) I'm stumped as to why that one page versus another would stop people using it :)

As far as the chat room goes - remember that simply going in and choosing the Popup option will allow you to browse the site as you are still in the chat room. Generally all it takes is for you to run it while you are doing your surfing to attract a few more talkative geeks. 1 person in the chat room has a snowball affect.

Hope I've not done anything wrong - I'm just getting the hang of this. Its took me months to pluck up the courage to voice my opinion!

Thanks for that bit of info, new to all this and was getting bored of keep scrolling up all the time. Excellent little tip

:o Hiya i have just registered with nail geek, so not quite sure how to use it so here it goes, just wondering if you could help and tell me what nail produts there is out there to help maintain artifical nails?

nemotail said:
Just bumping this up for the benefit of all the new members
KxXx
icon_redface.gif
Hiya just registered so a bit clueless just wondered if you could help me and tell me what products i could buy in shops to maintain artificial nails?:Love:

lornama said:
:o Hiya i have just registered with nail geek, so not quite sure how to use it so here it goes, just wondering if you could help and tell me what nail produts there is out there to help maintain artifical nails?

Hi Lorna and welcome to the board - if you check under "Shtuff" and then Geek Links you will find information on loads of distributors etc.

louisehartje said:
also is it possible to have folders to file pm's we want to save?

This is a FANTASTIC idea !

I've got loads of PM's that I don't want to get rid off, but because of this, I only ever have space to receive 2 new ones.

Would it be possible to have a folder to which you can archive / safe PM's ? If space is a problem, perhaps a limit can be put on it - for instance, you can only archive / save 30 messages and no more.

River

Latest posts

Back